• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

My concern with KVN is that he's supposed to be a savvy vet and yet, the last I remember, he was a main character in the Baltimore debacle vs KC.
    can't remember specifically what he did, but I think it was a stupid penalty followed by a selfish, bosa-like meltdown.
    WTS, I still think we're more beggars than choosers.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I agree we will run more but the teams you listed with more runs than passes had running QBs. Lamar ran it 148 times. Take that down to adjust for Herbert and the numbers flip. Atlanta, TN and the Giants all have superstar RBs and shitty QBs.

hopefully we'll be a good enough running team to put teams away in the 4th when they're worn down.
      Last time I checked, ATL, TEN and NYG are all drafting in the Top 10 with us.

our pass ratio was too high last year because we could not run when a run was needed, period. The only decent runs were garbage runs on plays we should be passing, Defenses didnt care about giving up 5 yards on those because it did not matter. First down runs to get into short 2nd situations - splat. 3rd and short - fugghetabout it! They ran less and less as the season went on because no one on the OL could execute his run scheme and no running back could gain a tough extra 2 yards.

The ratio will return to a normal level but Harbaugh came here for Herbert because he already had a "Lamar" type QB and didnt win the prize. Its not going to be a run-only offense, as run-only offenses do not win anything.

I'm ok with LVN return, depending on their draft. His season here was down and up imo. He spent the first half of the season fairly invisible, only to come on and show in the last half-dozen games or so. He's insurance policy, and I carry insurance on things I value.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

our pass ratio was too high last year because we could not run when a run was needed, period. The only decent runs were garbage runs on plays we should be passing, Defenses didnt care about giving up 5 yards on those because it did not matter. First down runs to get into short 2nd situations - splat. 3rd and short - fugghetabout it! They ran less and less as the season went on because no one on the OL could execute his run scheme and no running back could gain a tough extra 2 yards.

The ratio will return to a normal level but Harbaugh came here for Herbert because he already had a "Lamar" type QB and didnt win the prize. Its not going to be a run-only offense, as run-only offenses do not win anything.

I'm ok with LVN return, depending on their draft. His season here was down and up imo. He spent the first half of the season fairly invisible, only to come on and show in the last half-dozen games or so. He's insurance policy, and I carry insurance on things I value.
        Agree with you and not sure why people want to become one of those teams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

When it mattered - running the ball was a wasted play last year except for the Miami game

Chargers will be a better running team this year - can bank on it

Team can start getting to work next week. If I am a player making the league minimum, better be in some kind of shape next week or might be released. Time to go full Schneider/Carroll on this roster and churn the hell out of it

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Harbaugh interviewed at NFL Owners meeting today.

I don’t think C is as important as some have been alluding. He goes out of his way to talk about McFadden playing C when asked about Bozeman, who’s played G too…
            Says the most important part of an NFL team that affects every other aspect of the team is the O line

Also talks about Keenan, Herbert, Mack and Bosa and his RV…

LA Chargers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh speaks to the media at his press conference at the 2024 NFL owners meetings on his relationship with quarterback Justin H...

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I don’t think C is as important as some have been alluding. He goes out of his way to talk about McFadden playing C when asked about Bozeman, who’s played G too…
              Says the most important part of an NFL team that affects every other aspect of the team is the O line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNdQRU-wF20
              Wow. Hard to watch. It's amazing he is such a great coach and I am sure he is a great communicator with his coaches and players. Yet, he is so uncomfortable and hard to follow when interviewed.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNdQRU-wF20
                He's kind of a quirky duck thats for sure

But thats fine. He has proven he can coach teams and get teams better

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Wow. Hard to watch. It's amazing he is such a great coach and I am sure he is a great communicator with his coaches and players. Yet, he is so uncomfortable and hard to follow when interviewed.

TG
                  We just had the snake oil salesman HC who snowed everybody with his interviews but couldn't coach. Now we have the very odd interview dude who hopefully can coach

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We just had the snake oil salesman HC who snowed everybody with his interviews but couldn't coach. Now we have the very odd interview dude who hopefully can coach
                    I will take quirky duck interviewer over snake oil salesman

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                      What a heard was....

JJ is the best QB in this draft...you want him? Come get him! Now at 5 if we dont trade it for JJ,.....i have the #1 pick of non QBs and its going to be a great player. Ill take him but if you want MHJ....come get him and ill consider offers.

Also heard we have a guy he likes and may develope as a OC so OC may or may not be a pick,....and very possibly may not be a high pick. Id say it wont.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-25-2024, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What a heard was....

JJ is the best QB in this draft...you want him? Come him! Now at 5 if we dont trade it for JJ,.....i have the #1 pick of non QBs and its going to be a great player. Ill take him but if you want MHJ....come get him and ill consider offers.
                        Accurate

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What a heard was....

JJ is the best QB in this draft...you want him? Come him! Now at 5 if we dont trade it for JJ,.....i have the #1 pick of non QBs and its going to be a great player. Ill take him but if you want MHJ....come get him and ill consider offers.

Also heard we have a guy he likes and may develope as a OC so OC may or may not be a pick,....and very possibly may not be a high pick. Id say it wont.
                          Chargers don't need to trade for Justin Jefferson
                          plus the cost would be two first round picks and a 30m AAV contract

If the Chargers want a JJ at WR- just draft Nabers or MHJr for a fraction of that cost

As for McCarthy, I think Harbaugh is just trying to drive up his trade value to the Cahrgers 1) can trade back 2) if he moves up to top 4 - Chargers get their pick of best player in draft

Comment

Working...
                          X