• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
    Rumors are heating up about a blockbuster trade between Vikings and Changers involving JJ. It appears this rumor is picking up steam. I don't know if this is also involving the Vikings moving up in the draft or not. Definitely keeping an eye out for this one.
    Zero chance we trade for him unless .....and its a BIG unless,....Hortiz is looking for that 3rd round comp pick in 2026.
    No way.....I say NO WAY we are signing him to over 30 mil a year after this season. And in the process of trading for him, you lose value in getting top draft picks instead for young top talent. I'll take the 11 and 23 and 2025 first.

So id say it's bullshit.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

I don't know if you saw the video I posted of all of QJs targets for 2023 but he played everywhere. The Z receiver also splits out wide on the line of scrimmage opposite of the X so if both receivers are split wide on the LOS one is the X WR and the other is the Z WR. Simply, the X receiver is the #1 WR and the Z is the #2 WR.

If the TE is in he is usually the Y receiver. If they have 3 wrs then the one that is in the slot is the F receiver. So, in the above scenario with our current wr core, the WR spit wide right on the LOS would be X wr (likely QJ), the WR split wide left on the LOS would be the Z wr (likely Plamer), TE (don't know yet) would be Y receiver, WR lined up in the slot off the LOS (likely DD) would be the F receiver, and if there is a RB going out to be a receiver he would be the H receiver. This is the basic formation and letters.
      I hate all this terminology. It's a Flanker, Split End, Tight End and Slot receiver. End of story. One of the Flanker or Spit End lines up OFF the LOS, otherwise you have a penalty. The WR that doesn't line up at the LOS should be the one that has trouble with press coverage. That would be QJ. A good coach would see this and understand the issues after watching a handful of plays. It's not rocket science, it's football 101.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Zero chance we trade for him unless .....and its a BIG unless,....Hortiz is looking for that 3rd round comp pick in 2026.
        No way.....I say NO WAY we are signing him to over 30 mil a year after this season. And in the process you lose value in getting top draft picks for young top talent.

So id say it's bullshit.
        I think its horseshit too - dudes with keyboards churning out boob bait for bubbas ... some are out there predicting the Vikings will get two #1 picks plus a mid-round pick as a straight trade for Jefferson. bullshit.

I've seen other keyboard jockeys predict MIN will send us their 2024 11 & 23, PLUS MIN 2025 #1. sign me up for some of that sweet sauce!
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I've been a Chargers fan since I attended that first game at Balboa Stadium in 1961. In all these years the Bolts have never had as much good publicity as they are getting since singing Jim Harbaugh. It's kind of funny that signing a new HC would turn out to be such a big story.
          Agreed. We went from being considered a team with a great roster and iffy coach to a team with an iffy roster and great coach in one off season.
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No way.....I say NO WAY we are signing him to over 30 mil a year after this season. And in the process of trading for him, you lose value in getting top draft picks instead for young top talent. I'll take the 11 and 23 and 2025 first.

So id say it's bullshit.
            I heard a rumor we are trading Herbert for the State of Minnesota.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

On todays The Athletic Football Show, Robert Mays and Mina Kimes discussed the current landscape at wide receiver.
              It is long but very in depth.

Those who want to draft one of the big four weapons* will obtain plenty of ammo.
              And trenchers will get some justification too.

They address free agents, trades, draft strategy, all of it.

As an example, Green Bay was brought up.
              They have a bunch of WR#2's.
              When will they hit a ceiling for not having a true WR#1 ?

Justin Jefferson and Brandon Ayuk were used
              as examples of the implications of big contracts,
              this season and in the future.

Of course the Chargers,
              with Keenan Allen/Mike Williams and transitioning,
              was brought up.

It was a thought provoking discussion,
              I feel a lot smarter after listening.

*Brock Bowers, Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, Rome Odunze
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                On todays The Athletic Football Show, Robert Mays and Mina Kimes discussed the current landscape at wide receiver.
                It is long but very in depth.

Those who want to draft one of the big four weapons* will obtain plenty of ammo.
                And trenchers will get some justification too.

They address free agents, trades, draft strategy, all of it.

As an example, Green Bay was brought up.
                They have a bunch of WR#2's.
                When will they hit a ceiling for not having a true WR#1 ?

Justin Jefferson and Brandon Ayuk were used
                as examples of the implications of big contracts,
                this season and in the future.

Of course the Chargers,
                with Keenan Allen/Mike Williams and transitioning,
                was brought up.

It was a thought provoking discussion,
                I feel a lot smarter after listening.

*Brock Bowers, Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, Rome Odunze
                Id be happy with either of those guys

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Rumors are heating up about a blockbuster trade between Vikings and Changers involving JJ. It appears this rumor is picking up steam. I don't know if this is also involving the Vikings moving up in the draft or not. Definitely keeping an eye out for this one.
                  The only way I do a deal with the Vikes for JJ and picks is if the Vikes pick up the tab for most of that $19 mil salary due him this year...then, after JJ hits FA, we'll be in better cap shape, but we still can't offer crazy $$$ to extend him...so if JJ doesn't take our team friendly offer, let him hit FA and we pick up a nice comp pick...now THAT'S Trader Joe's style...

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I heard a rumor we are trading Herbert for the State of Minnesota.
                    If that happens, this forum will be in ahem, a State of Panic...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If that happens, this forum will be in ahem, a State of Panic...
                      Won't happen. I think it's maybe just Vikings fans who want to keep one of their first round picks but fuck that. I want them both and their 2025 first.
                      Probably the same ones that thought we would trade them Herbert.
                      There's no way we traded Keenan just to trade for another high 1 year contract in a loaded WR class year.

That 3rd round comp pick is nothing compared to the extra 2 firsts we should get.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Lol...what rumor? What steam? Its not even viable, in anyway imaginable...Vikings wanna keep him...we cant pay him...its ridiculous...
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Somehow we end up with JJ and Bowers.
                          mindblown.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X