• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
    I’d listen to Popper guys. He’s in the know and he says RT isn’t this insane, huge need the way the media is portraying it.
    Everyone automatically agrees that this staff is going to make all these existing players at all these positions much better, But!! Not at RT!! No way. Pipkins sucks and he just sucks and thats it. He sucks. And Harbaugh can’t fix this one position but everywhere else he’s going to vastly improve those players. It’s kinda stupid to think this. Popper says that Salyer is also an option and he brings up these players strategically as if to say they don’t think the O line is this huge problem necessarily. They have a lot to work with. He also goes so far as to say the last regime did an admirable job of trying to get the oline in order and there’s plenty there for a new coaching staff to work with.
    He thinks from talking to the staff that WR is still a huge need and he mentions Bowers. The top 3 WRs are options and they consider them to be really, really good.
    Bowers is a player Roman wants and can use extensively in his offense.

CB is the biggest defensive need. Bad. His order of defensive need after listening and getting a feel for this new staff.
    1. Corner
    2. DT
    3. LB ( Only if the draft falls a certain way)

Staying at 5 unless they get multiple picks in this draft is also the sense he gets and they use that Jeremiah draft where they give up 5 for a 2025 2nd so the Jets can take MH2 and not getting anything this year aint happening. No way. 5 wil require a kings ransomkind of situation. Multiple 1’s etc, etc…

Byron Murphy is a possibility with Bowers at 11.

37 for Corum? Nope.
    RB is a 3rd or 4th round range. An some of these guys will fall into the 4th. 105-110 range.
    Keep your eye on RB Austin Estime, C Hunter Norzad, S Josh Proctor later…S is an underrated need late…
    solid possible vision forward. then again, the smart FO staffs don't tell the Poppers hanging around every team what they really worry about and what they really want 2 weeks before the draft. so ... ??? I like your vision, it is directionally in line with my take. I'm not sensing the Bowers move, but I wouldn't mind if they do.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

solid possible vision forward. then again, the smart FO staffs don't tell the Poppers hanging around every team what they really worry about and what they really want 2 weeks before the draft. so ... ??? I like your vision, it is directionally in line with my take. I'm not sensing the Bowers move, but I wouldn't mind if they do.
      It’s not my vision. Poppers in the know. He doesn’t BS.
      Take it or leave it. I could care less.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Yeah….Norzad is mentioned. Estime at RB….Proctor at FS. This defense plays a lot with 3 Safeties…Proctor plays FS, SS and…..nickel a lot…
        Well we have Derwin and Gilman...need one more...so we DO need at least ONE decent FS...not sold on Woods at all...

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well we have Derwin and Gilman...need one more...so we DO need at least ONE decent FS...not sold on Woods at all...
          Yeah….I think that ship has sailed with Woods.
          Proctor positionally is a huge fit for Minters D.
          It allows Samuel to not be stuck in the slot all the time. Although this team would still need a true #1 CB.

I’m seeing lots of movement by Melton and Hart.
          I just think one of them might be that pick at 37 if they haven’t taken one by then already. That player along with Proctor and the secondary really gets reset.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Henley should be ready to take over at LB at some point. He needs to be given a chance to see if he lives up to his drafting. Linebacker could use another player, but it isn't as bad as CB, WR, and IDL.
            Henley has been injury prone though. He was in college and he had a hamstring injury early last year and missed many games. Hopefully Ben Herbert can help him there and Fulton as he has had the same hamstring issues.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I’d listen to Popper guys. He’s in the know and he says RT isn’t this insane, huge need the way the media is portraying it.
              Everyone automatically agrees that this staff is going to make all these existing players at all these positions much better, But!! Not at RT!! No way. Pipkins sucks and he just sucks and thats it. He sucks. And Harbaugh can’t fix this one position but everywhere else he’s going to vastly improve those players. It’s kinda stupid to think this. Popper says that Salyer is also an option and he brings up these players strategically as if to say they don’t think the O line is this huge problem necessarily. They have a lot to work with. He also goes so far as to say the last regime did an admirable job of trying to get the oline in order and there’s plenty there for a new coaching staff to work with.
              He thinks from talking to the staff that WR is still a huge need and he mentions Bowers. The top 3 WRs are options and they consider them to be really, really good.
              Bowers is a player Roman wants and can use extensively in his offense.

CB is the biggest defensive need. Bad. His order of defensive need after listening and getting a feel for this new staff.
              1. Corner
              2. DT
              3. LB ( Only if the draft falls a certain way)

Staying at 5 unless they get multiple picks in this draft is also the sense he gets and they use that Jeremiah draft where they give up 5 for a 2025 2nd so the Jets can take MH2 and not getting anything this year aint happening. No way. 5 wil require a kings ransomkind of situation. Multiple 1’s etc, etc…

Byron Murphy is a possibility with Bowers at 11.

37 for Corum? Nope.
              RB is a 3rd or 4th round range. An some of these guys will fall into the 4th. 105-110 range.
              Keep your eye on RB Austin Estime, C Hunter Norzad, S Josh Proctor later…S is an underrated need late…
              Thanks for listening and summarizing
              I am good at 5 with WR
              and if they drop down WR or Bowers

Simple as can be

And yes, that Jeremiah trade was terribl

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Jeremiah thinks we will trade down and go O-line, then go wideout later:

https://twitter.com/KSzn2021/status/...tfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1780050613855801759%7Ctwgr% 5Eecb4a1d1e0a4e4863500555b10ccd42da4c8e31f%7Ctwcon %5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fboltbeat.com%2Fpos ts%2Fdevonta-smith-extension-hands-chargers-the-perfect-blueprint-for-justin-herbert-01hvhk6ymb3y

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

So you are saying if the Chargers do not get safety in the draft, there is still a chance at Justin Simmons?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So you are saying if the Chargers do not get safety in the draft, there is still a chance at Justin Simmons?
                    Possible...last year, Simmons got $14 mil...if the Bolts could structure his deal at about $10-$12 mil with some nice incentives, and maybe a 3-year deal with an out after 2, depending on our cap after signees are all inked, I might be open to that idea...I know Justin has been quoted that he wants to go to a winner, and the chance to play for Harbo might be kind of tempting...AND to play with Derwin...

image.png

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Jeremiah thinks we will trade down and go O-line, then go wideout later:

https://twitter.com/KSzn2021/status/...tfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1780050613855801759%7Ctwgr% 5Eecb4a1d1e0a4e4863500555b10ccd42da4c8e31f%7Ctwcon %5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fboltbeat.com%2Fpos ts%2Fdevonta-smith-extension-hands-chargers-the-perfect-blueprint-for-justin-herbert-01hvhk6ymb3y

Great, now we have 4 seconds to throw it out of bounds versus 3 seconds? Good receivers are $25+ mil per year and we've had good ones for so long that we've forgotten how bad it can be. We don't need a $50 mil QB who throws to double teamed receivers who are easily shut down. Inside the red zone it will get ugly if we don't find some other talent in the second or third round asap.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Possible...last year, Simmons got $14 mil...if the Bolts could structure his deal at about $10-$12 mil with some nice incentives, and maybe a 3-year deal with an out after 2, depending on our cap after signees are all inked, I might be open to that idea...I know Justin has been quoted that he wants to go to a winner, and the chance to play for Harbo might be kind of tempting...AND to play with Derwin...

image.png
                        I have read both the Texans and Eagles have interest in Simmons but who knows how valid that is. At this point, teams are not signing players because the draft is next week and don't want to duplicate positions. And free agents want to go to places where they can either 1) play on a one year deal to improve value 2) win 3) both

Chargers have the cap space - they should have about $10m left over if you include paying for draft picks, injury reserve fund, etc. So they can work it for Simmons. I saw a list of free agents available and he was the best player on the list regardless of position. Granted, I can see WR being signed after the draft if they need one more. MVS or Boyd maybe

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Great, now we have 4 seconds to throw it out of bounds versus 3 seconds? Good receivers are $25+ mil per year and we've had good ones for so long that we've forgotten how bad it can be. We don't need a $50 mil QB who throws to double teamed receivers who are easily shut down. Inside the red zone it will get ugly if we don't find some other talent in the second or third round asap.
                          Jeremiah still thinks this year's wideout class is deep enough to find a good one on day 2. After the top 4, most of these guys should be there:

image.png

Comment

Working...
                          X