• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
    After the draft the Chargers should go after Tyler Boyd and Justin Simmons. Boyd would give is a vet presence at WR. He's not a #1,
    but he would fill out the WR roster.

An even better signing would be Justin Simmons. This guy is an ultimate FS and ball hawk. That would allow us to move James into
    the box where he is most effective. Much better option than Gillman.
    IDK but id think Boyd is out. He is a Pittsburgh native, played at Pitt in college and wanted to go to the Steelers. They offered him 2 years, 10 mil....he turned it down. We wont offer him more than that and doubt we offer him 5 mil. Id guess 1 year,4 mil at the most.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

IDK but id think Boyd is out. He is a Pittsburgh native, played at Pitt in college and wanted to go to the Steelers. They offered him 2 years, 10 mil....he turned it down. We wont offer him more than that and doubt we offer him 5 mil. Id guess 1 year,4 mil at the most.
      I think it's going to be either DJ Chark, MVS, or Michael Gallup. No reason other than they fit the 'mold' of the FAs Hortiz seems to be targeting.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good call on Rumph. If the photo that was floating around the internet -- if that was real - -he should be Ben herberts first priority. He was pretty thin and not that muscular -- so hopefully he is bulking a bit
        he has been one of the worst tacklers on the team since he was drafted....and regularly gets run over..... not sure what Herberts can do for him, but its worth a try....

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Keaton Michell ran a 4.37, Dotson a 4.53. I think we can just draft Jaylen Wright who ran a 4.38 and 210 lbs and we are good. Benson probably goes before Wright and he ran a 4.39 at 216 lbs. Both guys made plenty of house calls at bigger sizes than Robinson, and Dotson. Tracy, who i havent watched much of is 209 lb and a 4.48 guy. A 40 time isnt everything but Wright and Benson are house caller types, good size, make people miss and break tackles.

Mitchell only weighs 180 lbs and got hurt when he got more work. He was electric when he played but 47 carries later, out for the year. Robinson weighs 190 lbs. I know you arent mentioning him just saying.
          all good points..... Dotson had a few long runs where he was not touched..... did not have contact or break tackles.... just bad bad defensive play late in pre season games.... he showed hands of stone..... in receiving game....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Keaton Michell ran a 4.37, Dotson a 4.53. I think we can just draft Jaylen Wright who ran a 4.38 and 210 lbs and we are good. Benson probably goes before Wright and he ran a 4.39 at 216 lbs. Both guys made plenty of house calls at bigger sizes than Robinson, and Dotson. Tracy, who i havent watched much of is 209 lb and a 4.48 guy. A 40 time isnt everything but Wright and Benson are house caller types, good size, make people miss and break tackles.

Mitchell only weighs 180 lbs and got hurt when he got more work. He was electric when he played but 47 carries later, out for the year. Robinson weighs 190 lbs. I know you arent mentioning him just saying.
            I like Wright - downside will be we have to devote higher draft capital to the RB position vs other needs. He is likely R3? maybe R4? not sure, nobody is.

I've seen Mitchell listed at 192 - still not big but he's only 5'8"/ can't argue about durability, don't know anything. Isn't he under contract with BAL?

Dotson is not what his fans think he is.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I think it's going to be either DJ Chark, MVS, or Michael Gallup. No reason other than they fit the 'mold' of the FAs Hortiz seems to be targeting.
              Hortiz is waiting to see what other WRs are released after the draft. Plus, who knows what we do IN the draft ...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Unverified, unvetted, unknown source ...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Looks like Hortiz doesn't want to give up any comp picks. After the draft that goes away and I'm sure we'll see some more signings.
                  Simmons would be a great fit for us. We have the cap space to after both Boyd and Simmons. I suppose it will depend on what happens
                  in the draft. But I don't see us taking a safety that's going to make an impact in this draft. We need so much more in the early rounds.
                  Simmons wouldn't cost a comp pick - he was released by the Broncos

Gallup - released
                  MVS - released

Boyd would cost a comp pick but he wouldn't be signed until after the draft

I just listened to Hortiz. Sounds like he thinks QBs will go 1-4. But he is prepared if only 3 go or if 2 go

Sounds like he is open to trade but also needs to be a VERY good trade to give up possibly the top non QB in the draft

He also mentioned on offseason the Ravens signed a safety Marcus Williams and still drafted Kyle Hamilton - basically the Ravens drafted BPA. Build a deeper roster more competitve

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Hortiz is waiting to see what other WRs are released after the draft. Plus, who knows what we do IN the draft ...
                    Exactly. Dobbins was probably a minimum level salary guy and gives some flexibility that RB on Day 1 or 2 wasn't likely

But WR - that might change if they take MHJr or maybe a Thomas later in R1

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Just a little more info on MT
                      he's an LA native.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Does Thomas have anything left?
                        Sounds like a wonderful guy....🙄
                        But if he has at least 17 games left in him, why not?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I like Wright - downside will be we have to devote higher draft capital to the RB position vs other needs. He is likely R3? maybe R4? not sure, nobody is.

I've seen Mitchell listed at 192 - still not big but he's only 5'8"/ can't argue about durability, don't know anything. Isn't he under contract with BAL?

Dotson is not what his fans think he is.
                          I'm ok using a 3rd or 4th in a RB. Especially if we get a extra 3rd from trading down with AZ or NYG. I think we end up trading down than not but you never know.

They are better than the 5th round options. Davis and Lloyd likely 4ths as well and I'm not big on Lloyd. I know some like Vidal but I'm still not sold seeing him against Georgia St and Western Kentucky.

I think we will have a committy RB group if they stay healthy and if Dobbins gets hurt again then we don't have to use a Kelly type, though we'll see if Spiller makes the team if we draft Wright or Benson.

Comment

Working...
                          X