• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Great pics of new coaches working with the Chargers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      https://www.chargers.com/photos/off-...4-43c0c281c933

Great pics of new coaches working with the Chargers.
      if the red head guy was Matlock - he might be in better shape

I know the one guy was Hurst - but the other red-head guy with beard

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

Staying at #5 and getting OT Alt, a rare OL prospect in recent memory and hopefully a fixture at one of the tackle spots for years, is a win. I don't think or hope they will go WR . As good as the prospects are it is still a high bust position compared to others and WRs are one hit away from being on IR or getting jacked up on the rubber grass.

Get the durable OL. Lots of good WRs too this year so one will be available in rnd 2 at 37 or sign Chark. We have to be pretty happy w all the work they have done so far, but it may be too much to expect them to build a deep playoff run team all in one year. They are on the right track, not fussed if it takes longer than this year.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
          Staying at #5 and getting OT Alt, a rare OL prospect in recent memory and hopefully a fixture at one of the tackle spots for years, is a win. I don't think or hope they will go WR . As good as the prospects are it is still a high bust position compared to others and WRs are one hit away from being on IR or getting jacked up on the rubber grass.

Get the durable OL. Lots of good WRs too this year so one will be available in rnd 2 at 37 or sign Chark. We have to be pretty happy w all the work they have done so far, but it may be too much to expect them to build a deep playoff run team all in one year. They are on the right track, not fussed if it takes longer than this year.
          Except he's not rare, he's not generational and on some boards he's not even the top OT. If you want to improve on Pipkins you draft an OT in Rd 2.
          There are about 11 or 12 OT guys that can do the job and a couple will be there when we pick @37.

However there will be no MH2 or Nabers in round 2.

There are good WR prospects but the fall off from the top 3 is much greater than the fall off at OT. We need a WR1 or TE1. We have
          perhaps the QB with the strongest arm in the NFL.

Which would you rather have Edwards and a cloud of dust or Herbert to MH2?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

So tomorrow we find out, I wonder if you guys getting sick of speculating already😂
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Except he's not rare, he's not generational and on some boards he's not even the top OT. If you want to improve on Pipkins you draft an OT in Rd 2.
              There are about 11 or 12 OT guys that can do the job and a couple will be there when we pick @37.

However there will be no MH2 or Nabers in round 2.

There are good WR prospects but the fall off from the top 3 is much greater than the fall off at OT. We need a WR1 or TE1. We have
              perhaps the QB with the strongest arm in the NFL.

Which would you rather have Edwards and a cloud of dust or Herbert to MH2?
              I am with you but i am reading more and more we are staying at 5 and taking OL. Hope not true but resigning myself.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I am with you but i am reading more and more we are staying at 5 and taking OL. Hope not true but resigning myself.
                If MH2 is not there and we don't trade down the possibility of taking Alt is there. That's because there appears to be some
                character concerns with Nabers. But to be honest I would take Bowers before Alt. A WR1 or TE1 which we need is going
                to have a much bigger impact than any RT we take.

I know Roman wants to run the ball and that's fine. We can build that Oline with a 2nd RD OT and OGs later in the draft.
                In todays NFL you're not going to win games by running the football. It's an important part of the game and the strategy
                to wear teams down late in the game by running the football is sound.

But you win games by putting up lots of points early OR passing the ball late in the 4th quarter.

And lets not forget the D. If we do trade down and get 2 1st rounder I would expect a DL, CB in one of those picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I know many speculate that Harbaugh is going to take a lot of Michigan players -- my feeling - he will take them if it makes sense,. not for sentimental reasons

Sure he has mentioned wanting to protect Herbert and run the ball better. But does that mean he gives the league a better football player to fill a need. I don't think so. He wants to win and you win by putting better football players on the roster

If they take OT at 5 - I truly think it will be because they feel that player is the best player and not just filling a need. I get it - not exciting but winning games is ....

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I know many speculate that Harbaugh is going to take a lot of Michigan players -- my feeling - he will take them if it makes sense,. not for sentimental reasons

Sure he has mentioned wanting to protect Herbert and run the ball better. But does that mean he gives the league a better football player to fill a need. I don't think so. He wants to win and you win by putting better football players on the roster

If they take OT at 5 - I truly think it will be because they feel that player is the best player and not just filling a need. I get it - not exciting but winning games is ....
                    Well as much as it would be sexy and super fun to watch Harrison, Nabers or Bowers on Sundays I will support the pick. I would way way rather get extra picks to trade down and take Latham to play RT....but if we have Alt and Slater at tackle bookends for the next bunch of years i can live with that too.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Well as much as it would be sexy and super fun to watch Harrison, Nabers or Bowers on Sundays I will support the pick. I would way way rather get extra picks to trade down and take Latham to play RT....but if we have Alt and Slater at tackle bookends for the next bunch of years i can live with that too.
                      I totally agree. The idea of Latham and extra picks is what I prefer. If the pick is truly at 5 -- I think it should be MHJr, Bowers or Nabers.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

We'll go WR, Pipkins is still on the roster for a reason.. and josh palmer and johnson as WR with Herbert at QB? come one.. he needs a proper target where to throw those missiles.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Yeah. After he changed up his league leading offense at Bal in the playoffs and lost- he resigned and took a year off in reflection and to study other offenses.
                          Enter Jim Harbaugh, Marcus Brady and Mark Trestman.
                          The intended target is 50 / 50 run / pass over the season without forcing either. Rather play complementary team football.
                          Bowers will be just fine. Useful in so many ways.
                          Ideally you would like to have a 50/50 ratio of run and pass. But things happen in games that cause it to not be so. I don't know what Rome did in his time off from the league. I do want to see him learn from his previous stops and improve on them.

If Bowers is the pick, so be it. I'd be happy with him or any of the 3 WRs Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, or Rome Odunze. You can go wrong with any of them. Whatever the case, we'll be getting someone good.

Comment

Working...
                          X