• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I feel like we went from no WR1 before the weekend, to 3+ options at WR1 now - the most eye-opening for me was the vid of QJ training with MHj, looked reborn.

I’m good with any and all of these players, we go 4 WRs now it’s not who sucks, but what’s your favorite flavor of winning.
    😎

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      I feel like we went from no WR1 before the weekend, to 3+ options at WR1 now - the most eye-opening for me was the vid of QJ training with MHj, looked reborn.

I’m good with any and all of these players, we go 4 WRs now it’s not who sucks, but what’s your favorite flavor of winning.
      😎
      I don't think we will have a true WR1, but more of a WR by committee. We may not have a single 1,000 yard receiver, but we could have 4 with 600+. Much harder to gameplan for that. I think the past couple of years Defenses just said Let Allen get his, but nobody else gets shit. And they didn't. Take whoever has the best matchup that day and feed him until they adjust. Then feed the next guy.

Comment

• ChargerTrader
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

I really like how the roster is taking shape.

Question for those that know the game better than me: During Joe's day three press conference, early in, there was a very brief exchange with a reporter about the "blue star" and "black dot" players. Joe said something about only having so many blue stars.

What is that about? What are they referring to?

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

Question for those that know the game better than me: During Joe's day three press conference, early in, there was a very brief exchange with a reporter about the "blue star" and "black dot" players. Joe said something about only having so many blue stars.

From what I understood about it, all of the scouts got 1 blue star and only one that they could give to their best rated player and they put all of those in a basket. We drafted 3 of those.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I don't think we will have a true WR1, but more of a WR by committee. We may not have a single 1,000 yard receiver, but we could have 4 with 600+. Much harder to gameplan for that. I think the past couple of years Defenses just said Let Allen get his, but nobody else gets shit. And they didn't. Take whoever has the best matchup that day and feed him until they adjust. Then feed the next guy.
            It is WR by committee and two of the 3 guys are polished route runners, QJ is still working on his craft and the new Johnson is more of a play action deep threat blocking type receiver for now, but he fills roles both as a rotational WR and as a STs guy...

WR by committee > selfish ball hog fucks and makes offense more unpredictable and injury proof...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It is WR by committee and two of the 3 guys are polished route runners, QJ is still working on his craft and the new Johnson is more of a play action deep threat blocking type receiver for now, but he fills roles both as a rotational WR and as a STs guy...

WR by committee > selfish ball hog fucks and makes offense more unpredictable and injury proof...
              WR by committee works since our WRs historically dropped like flies over the course of a season.

I mean we never had the MW/KA combo consistently.

We never got two things that go together....together…cereal, no milk; Kool-aid, no sugar; ham, no burger!!!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

Good question...I assume blue star is the one chit you get to throw on the table...the one prospect you would pound the desk for...but I couldn't tell you what the black dot is...do not draft? Medical? Character flag?
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Palmer and McConkey are the route runners and the starters.

All other receivers either have work to do to become more polished.

Or are limited athletically.

Or both..
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Or both..

I think we are really strong at WR3 as Rice and Cornelius Johnson have good tape.

I do not have any expectations re QJ so any development will be a surprise here.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Or both..
                      A run game to contend with plus WR's that run good "threatening" routes. This makes sense when our staple run offense also disguises our pass offense.

HC+GM know what type of RB we need. Our WRs room seems to contain guys willing to commit running routes hard.

Hebert's commercials should help improve play-action acting skills.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

WR by committee works since our WRs historically dropped like flies over the course of a season.

I mean we never had the MW/KA combo consistently.

We never got two things that go together....together…cereal, no milk; Kool-aid, no sugar; ham, no burger!!!
                        Aint that the fucking truth...glad those fucking days are OVER!!!
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

A run game to contend with plus WR's that run good "threatening" routes. This makes sense when our staple run offense also disguises our pass offense.

HC+GM know what type of RB we need. Our WRs room seems to contain guys willing to commit running routes hard.

Hebert's commercials should help improve play-action acting skills.
                          Ironically our new old fashioned offense with archaic concepts will be less predictable, less susceptible to injuries, and more user friendly for our QB...people are worried about two minute offense prowess, but that's were our new defense comes into play and besides we still have Justin Fucking Herbert, he's already shown that he can elevate the team when he has to...

so we won't have anymore mother fuggers getting over 100 catches in a season, boo hoo for the stat boys I guess...

Comment

Working...
                          X