• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

I think Palmer may be on the outside looking in...

He is solid...he can catch the rock...but thats all...no upside...limited athletically...

Just my guess...

Jim n Joe not looking to redecorate the room...this is an all out remodel...only the very best materials to be used...
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

I didn't see any mention of it this morning, so forgive me if I am redundant. NFL.com shows us as projected to receive 3 comp picks next year. One fifth and two sixths.......That is the way you play the FA game my friend as we still have all 7 picks next year and look to get 3 more. Hortiz knows how to play the game!!!!

Comment

• LarryAW
        Chargers fan since 1970
        • Sep 2018
        • Chula Vista, CA
        • retired paralegal/court reporter
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...in that same draft profile of Still, they also have him highly rated in run support...so I think this is another point in his favor...if he does have an occasional whiff, it must not be too bad...
        PFF comments about Still after we drafted him:

Still — Still is a physical cornerback with solid instincts and outside/slot versatility. He lined up in press coverage on 122 of his 289 coverage snaps in 2023, and his career-high five interceptions ranked third among Big Ten cornerbacks. He also showed some tenacity as a run defender, earning an 88.4 run-defense grade.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Kinda my point in what I have been saying. QJ is no sure thing. It is very presumptious by some on here to assume QJ will automatically be way better and a quailty starting receiver in year 2.

Let me throw out a scenario....Palmer gets his annual injury....McConkey and his small frame misses some games like he did often in college. Chargers fans know more than most that inuries happen in football. That leaves QJ and who as our starting 2 WRs???

You can be sure a GM as smart as Hortiz is going to to be aware of that and not be caught unprepred with a very unproven WR group. That is exactly why the Chargers are looking at veteran WRs and will sign one before September. They also need some experience and leadership in the room. Palmer is the most experienced player which is not saying a lot and he is a very quiet unassuming personality who doesnt say much. They will bring in some experience and leadership to be part of the group.
          Palmer has been pretty reliable aside from last season. He missed no games his rookie season. One game his second season. Seven games last season. Unless he misses major time this season, I don't consider him injury prone. I think he's going to be really good this season.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

With the IDL needing some vet leadership and Washington drafting Johnny Newton. I’d call up Washington and see what they would want for Jonathan Allen. Maybe see if Morgan Fox and a 4th would seal the deal. Allen had a down year and has a big contract. Maybe they bite. I might be willing to give up a 3rd and Fox, or a swap of picks if it’s a 3rd. You’d have him for 2 years as well.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

I just woke up to learn about the Chark signing.

McConkey
              Chark
              Palmer
              QJ
              Rice
              Johnson
              Davis

There's going to be a lot of competition at WR. I don't know t\what their plans are. I have not been good at predicting what their intentions are. It's hard for me to imagine they want to move on from Palmer, but, again, I don't know what they are thinking. They drafted WR back to back in the 7th round, WR who had 4th and 5th round grades. So I don't know, I'm going to just roll with it.

I like the signing of Chark. It's great that Herbert is going to have speed at WR again.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

I can see Palmer to be traded some point in the season.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  I think Palmer may be on the outside looking in...

He is solid...he can catch the rock...but thats all...no upside...limited athletically...

Just my guess...

Jim n Joe not looking to redecorate the room...this is an all out remodel...only the very best materials to be used...
                  I think Palmer is one of our starting WR this year. I also think there is a good chance we let him walk after the season to get a compensatory pick and one of the young guys who sat and watched most of the year takes over next year.

Comment

• Icebolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2023
                    • Send PM

with DJ signing there are now a LOT of wr's at Chargers camp.
                    You draft 3 wr's and sign DJ shows that they are not enamored with what they had. This is not a plus position on this team. We really can't expect great things this next year. Palmer is a good seviceable wr but not a #1.
                    The other thing I notice is that the WR's picked up, for the most part, are stretching the field types. Which I have read goes real well with what Harbaugh tries to do. Pound then throw it deep. Hope it works

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Not sure if this is the spot to post this, and I didn't go to far back, but I didn't see this posted anywhere. Please feel free to move this is if it's in the wrong spot.

Lance Zerlien on NFL.com is projecting the Chargers to receive a 5th round and two 6th round comp picks in the 2025 draft.

That brings the total number of selections to 11, if I'm doing this correctly.

5 (comp)
                      6 (comp)
                      6 (comp)
                      7 (from Cleveland)

Not a bad starting point.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think Palmer is one of our starting WR this year. I also think there is a good chance we let him walk after the season to get a compensatory pick and one of the young guys who sat and watched most of the year takes over next year.
                        Yea...I guess that makes sense...

And thats all I was trying to do...make sense of an overstocked wr room, on a team that is gonna be all about 22, 12, and 13 personnel...

But I do really like the room now...and like the Chark signing...feel bad for our 7th rounders...wanted to see if one or both could be gems...now at least one, if not both, are gonna hit the PS...

I guess not being able to keep 7th rounders on the roster should be a good thing, lol...forgive me...Im so used to multiple late rounders and UDFAs active on game day...maybe this is what happens when you have a good roster, top to bottom...cant remember, its been so long
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Yea...I guess that makes sense...

And thats all I was trying to do...make sense of an overstocked wr room, on a team that is gonna be all about 22, 12, and 13 personnel...

But I do really like the room now...and like the Chark signing...feel bad for our 7th rounders...wanted to see if one or both could be gems...now at least one, if not both, are gonna hit the PS...

I guess not being able to keep 7th rounders on the roster should be a good thing, lol...forgive me...Im so used to multiple late rounders and UDFAs active on game day...maybe this is what happens when you have a good roster, top to bottom...cant remember, its been so long
                          There is no alpha receiver in the group - yet. There will be some tough decisions that have to be made, but that is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X