• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

No thanks to that asshat. If moving on from Mack how about Christian Wilkins or one/both of their FA O Line guys?
    Oh, wait - you said Christian Wilkins, never mind.

Christopher Walken Dancing GIF
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Joey Bosa has played 14 games in the last two years. How is that throwing away the season? I

Its dumping Bosa, Mack, getting rid of 2 good pass rushers (24 sacks) that is definitely throwing in the towel.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, and I'm not basing my projections based on a player's might-get-injured theory. I'm looking at a player's overall production over his whole career. Nobody argue's that Bosa isn't productive when playing. His pressure rate is elite... and that is how I project him. The decision isn't based on emotion. Helmet throwing and Raisin Bran eating doesn't go into my evaluation. Just because he was hurt last year, it doesn't mean he will be hurt again next year. It's football. Injuries happen. I'm excited to see how Harbaugh/Minter use Joey.

If I can save $33.65m by trading Mack and restructuring Bosa... well, damn... that's an easy decision. Especially if I don't have to dismantle my defensive line... which I know my new coach will want/need to have.
        But he has been injured the majority of his career. Isnt that why we get rid of Verrett? He is a even worse case but at some point you have to cut your loses, give a decent pick and move on.

Thats what id be doing.

His pressure rate is elite....it just isnt enough when you arent on the field, and i project him injured again at some point.

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Its dumping Bosa, Mack, getting rid of 2 good pass rushers (24 sacks) that is definitely throwing in the towel.
          Throwing in the towel? Won 5 games with those dudes last yr. Bosa is a PART TIME pash rusher due to playing 1/2 a year two years in a row.
          Beliichik always said 1 year sooner rather than one year later. Besides, merely unloading Telesco's money mistakes. Start fresh
          Mostly, the scheme Minter has makes DE's (Edge) drop back. Will that work for Bosa. No. Mack (dropping back?) No.
          Get something for them
          *Cash free up
          *Draft pick
          Draft 2 linebackers high that know the scheme because they
          *Will be fast
          *Must be fast
          *Blitz (act like DE's but blitz on the inside)
          I saw the vid
          Jesse Minter is officially the Chargers Defensive Coordinator in breaking news today and Mike Elston, Dylan Roney, and maybe Steve Clinkscale are all on the ...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Hey...somebody refresh my memory, cuz Im bad about this every year...

If we know our course with certain players...and there are cuts to be made, and trades to be explored...is there a date when these moves can take place? And what is that date? Apologies, Im sure its been mentioned...just cant remember exactly how the offseason works outside of actual free agency...are all roster moves tied to that same date?
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              Hey...somebody refresh my memory, cuz Im bad about this every year...

If we know our course with certain players...and there are cuts to be made, and trades to be explored...is there a date when these moves can take place? And what is that date? Apologies, Im sure its been mentioned...just cant remember exactly how the offseason works outside of actual free agency...are all roster moves tied to that same date?
              Cuts can be made starting today (see: Trubisky and the STeelers)

Teams can also start to rework contracts to get cap compliant now

Trades cannot be made until the new league year (March 15 ish). So a guy like Bosa - a team that takes him on has to be $22m under the cap to execute the trade and after they trade, they can rework the contract.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I look at each player individually. Just because I might trade Mack - doesn't mean I keep Bosa

And if there is a trade market for Mack and the Chargers can sign another player or two - how is that throwing in the towel. Its just allocating cash and the draft pick on other players.

This team was 5-12 - not sure the Chargers are breaking up the 1986 Bears on defense even if they move on from Bosa, Mack, probably Kendricks, don't bring back Murray and Gilman.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But he has been injured the majority of his career. Isnt that why we get rid of Verrett? He is a even worse case but at some point you have to cut your loses, give a decent pick and move on.

Thats what id be doing.

His pressure rate is elite....it just isnt enough when you arent on the field, and i project him injured again at some point.
                  Joey has missed 33 games (that's a lot). But he's also played in 93 games. 1/3 of games missed is a lot... but it's not a majority.
                  Jason played in 25 of 64 possible games... that's a majority.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Quadzilla letting it be known he's down with the playing for the Chargers if Harbaugh and Roman will have him. He turned 27 last Friday. He has 1201 carries for 5211 yds (4.3 ypc) for his career. He's scored 35 rushing TDs and 12 receiving TDs.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

personally don't think I'd consider trading Mack unless it was a first rounder, and.... wondering if the Rams would part ways w/19 ??
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        personally don't think I'd consider trading Mack unless it was a first rounder, and.... wondering if the Rams would part ways w/19 ??
                        Someone has to go. All this talk about how Harbaugh would like guys to come back is smoke. The only ones I think are here to stay are KA and DJ.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

think these are my trade targets for now....

19 Mack
                          39 Bosa
                          72 MW

19 Bralen Trice
                          31 Kamari Lassiter (trade down x2)
                          37 T'Vondre Sweat
                          39 Sedrick Van Pran
                          45 Cedric Gray
                          64 Cole Bishop
                          69 Zak Zinter
                          72 Jonathan Brooks
                          95 Daijan Edwards
                          98 Joe Milton
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X