• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post

San Fran stopped running the ball which cost them the game.
    I think CMC started to get stuffed or only getting a few yards on most run play that’s why they abandoned it. I remember Purdy was in 3rd and long a lot.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

17-0 Baby! 17-0 after Harbaugh molds our scrubs into over achieving addicts! Such a homer....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        17-0 Baby! 17-0 after Harbaugh molds our scrubs into over achieving addicts! Such a homer....

13-4. I don't think it's unrealistic at all.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

13-4. I don't think it's unrealistic at all.
          Just being funny to the nth degree...your probably more accurate for a good scenario.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Aside from the fact that the Chargers need to get under the cap and pushing a bunch of cap for Allen, MW, Bosa and Mack didn't work once - not sure I want to try that stragegy again.

But just because you aren't paying Bosa and Mack - doesn't mean you won't be paying other players. Plus the draft pick you get for each. Its not "okay we traded Bosa and Mack for picks and we are going to redraft Craig Mager and Tre McKitty and just sign a few UDFAs to replace them"

Some might see it as a gamble to move on from Bosa and Mack -- i don't. The defense wasn't good; Bosa has been hurt; Mack had a great year, no doubt - he was fantastic. But now is the time to capitalize and spending that much money on him for one or two years, I think can be better spent on a younger player that will grow as they move forward.

End of the day, moving on from Bosa and MW; extending Mack and Allen - team will probably have $40-50m of true cap space next spring if you account for two draft classes (2024 and 2025); signing players like Allen, Mack and a couple others - plus the 53 player roster.

You keep MW and Bosa - just start reducing that 40-50 by 20m each and see where you are at - unless each take significant pay cuts. That said, I still don't want them.
            Great points.

Aside from the extremely obvious reality that this team is in cap hell and needs to chop some salaries...

How could we ever survive without Mack and Bosa??? Does this mean we wont achieve our usual 30th defense ranking???

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL.
              You seem to get triggered by everything I post.
              You sure do get snarky and self contradictory.
              You have, on more than one occasion, accused md of the very thing you do. That is called "projecting."
              Is that, and your frequent personal, negative tone towards me, part of an effort to sound smart ?

And to think I stuck my neck out for your right to express your takes.
              Remember, bluey ?
              Sent you a PM back then besides.

I tell you what though, when I have time this evening I will be posting substantive football responses to what I see as shallow football takes.

Reminder. This is the ROSTER BUILD thread and we are entering the Harbaugh-Herbert era, with a profound off season transition. Snivelling weenie talk, false victim claims, fantasy and getting butt hurt about preferred Charger players is just not on the menu between now and late April.

It is time for actual intelligent football takes over wall to wall machine mocks, as much fun and as much of a useful tool they can be, with qualifications.

I always stand for better and better football takes...from everyone !
              Just looking forward to seeing the first "transaction" Hortiz makes. Will it be releasing a player like Kendricks as I think that one is probably the first one on the docket. Mack or Bosa could take time if there is a trade market

Or will it be something like releasing a player that was a futures signee and signing somebody they like better as a minimum level roster spot

Going to be an interesting few weeks - plenty of time to keep looking at OTC!.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Great points.

Aside from the extremely obvious reality that this team is in cap hell and needs to chop some salaries...

How could we ever survive without Mack and Bosa??? Does this mean we wont achieve our usual 30th defense ranking???
                Slater is going to cost money; Palmer and Asante are free agents next year - do they want either of them back. That $50m I noted earlier might look pretty stout - but it would go pretty fast.

I think Mack is truly 50/50 - I keep bringing up the Lions and he just seems a perfect match to pair with Hutchinson for a team ready to win.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Just looking forward to seeing the first "transaction" Hortiz makes. Will it be releasing a player like Kendricks as I think that one is probably the first one on the docket. Mack or Bosa could take time if there is a trade market

Or will it be something like releasing a player that was a futures signee and signing somebody they like better as a minimum level roster spot

Going to be an interesting few weeks - plenty of time to keep looking at OTC!.
                  this is going to be thee most interesting off season in memory....
                  who they keep, add, trade, trade for, or release will greatly affect who they look for in draft.... etc....

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL.
                    You seem to get triggered by everything I post.
                    You sure do get snarky and self contradictory.
                    You have, on more than one occasion, accused md of the very thing you do. That is called "projecting."
                    Is that, and your frequent personal, negative tone towards me, part of an effort to sound smart ?

And to think I stuck my neck out for your right to express your takes.
                    Remember, bluey ?
                    Sent you a PM back then besides.

I tell you what though, when I have time this evening I will be posting substantive football responses to what I see as shallow football takes.

Reminder. This is the ROSTER BUILD thread and we are entering the Harbaugh-Herbert era, with a profound off season transition. Snivelling weenie talk, false victim claims, fantasy and getting butt hurt about preferred Charger players is just not on the menu between now and late April.

It is time for actual intelligent football takes over wall to wall machine mocks, as much fun and as much of a useful tool they can be, with qualifications.

I always stand for better and better football takes...from everyone !
                    Wow, not censoring anyone, just comparing football takes. Sorry you think mine are dumb, I’ll try to do better.

Also: just a question, why are you keeping Bosa over Mack? Is it age? Can’t be money as the only way to keep Bosa is to push cap hit forward, why not do it for the better player?

Also also, do you comprehend saying you want more intelligent football takes on this board equals calling us all dumb? We all have opinions, and that should be okay here without calling anyone dumb. Food for thought.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The problem is guys are making these decisions based on grudges and emotions. I trust Harbaugh and Co. to make these decisions based on thought and logic.
                      Agree. The new coaching staff and front office have no attachments or loyalties to any player and will look at things with an untainted eye. It will be fascinating to see who they keep and who they cut. I expect some surprises both ways.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agree. The new coaching staff and front office have no attachments or loyalties to any player and will look at things with an untainted eye. It will be fascinating to see who they keep and who they cut. I expect some surprises both ways.
                        Yep, looking forward to these non-emotional decisions. 😎

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Wow, not censoring anyone, just comparing football takes. Sorry you think mine are dumb, I’ll try to do better.

Also: just a question, why are you keeping Bosa over Mack? Is it age? Can’t be money as the only way to keep Bosa is to push cap hit forward, why not do it for the better player?
                          Harbaugh
                          Roman.
                          Minter.
                          The Herberts.

It's their world.
                          And you are welcome to it.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X