Clear All
  • LarryAW
    Chargers fan since 1970
    • Sep 2018
    • Chula Vista, CA
    • retired paralegal/court reporter
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

It’s tough to ignore the siren song of a true speed receiver like Nabers. Hortiz is a BPA guy, Harbaugh is line guy. Who wins that discussion?
    Keenan's gone leans toward a WR. Also depends upon what they think about the current OL.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Anybody up for a reunion with Denzel Perryman -- per Jeremy Fowler -they are talking. Chargers need LBs. Last year signed a one year deal worth $2.6m with the Texans. I think something like that for this year wouldn't be bad. Telesco gave Kendricks double that. Maybe the Chargers will do the opposite of what they did a few years ago and "Pay the Perryman"

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        I just have this feeling that if we get the Vikings’ picks, we actually won’t address the WR position until the second round. Maybe Roman Wilson?
        You may be right I thought the same thing. During the combine when Roman ran his 40 Jim was very animated when he watched him run and saw his time!

Comment

• Icebolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stetson516 View Post
          Slayer... miss you tons. But let's not dwell. Let's go EDGE or CB first pick after trading back.. LB 3rd round and let the dice roll. We can score... we haven't STOPPED anyone. Let's STOP people, punch them in the mouth and win games.
          IF, and it's a big if, trade with Vikes and at #11 get the top CB. Then you can get a OL and DL with next 2 picks. They need defense more than WR
          Last edited by Icebolt; 03-16-2024, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• ChargerTrader
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Matt Money Smith compared Odunze to Larry Fitzgerald. Now this is a new regime in AZ - but thats a pretty good comp.

Even if MHJr is there at 5 - if the vikings are offering 11 and 23 - I am taking it
            If they trade back, I feel it would be to draft a RT at #11 and CB at #23. Then OC Frazier at top of round 2. Online is then set.

Then the scouts earn their pay in finding the best players in the rest of the draft.

But if they believe there is a generational WR talent at #5, hard to pass up.

Comment

• LarryAW
              Chargers fan since 1970
              • Sep 2018
              • Chula Vista, CA
              • retired paralegal/court reporter
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              I saw this clip with him mentioning the WR position. Then I read the supposed rumor about him saying the LSU WR was the best WR he's scouted.

That is what made the supposed rumor believable. If I was fooled, definitely wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last time.

Thanks for posting this.

Comment

• Icebolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

Hortiz said the LSU Wide Receiver is the best WR he has EVER scouted. We'll be in a position to find out if it's true.
                -------------------------------
                This may have been just a rumor.

But, I think he does take a WR at #5, unless bowled over by an offer he can't refuse.
                And Harbaugh said that JJ is the best QB out there. Remember folks, it's snake oil season!!

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

If we drop from #5 to #11, six non-QBs will be taken before our pick.

Right now, we could control the draft and take the BEST non QB at #5.

Who are these six? Probably the 3 WRs, OT Alt, Edge Turner, and then one of Verse, Fuaga, Arnold, or Bowers.

Joe will have to ensure they feel very good at who they land in a trade back.

who is in Woody's clusta at #11?

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

The great Steve Smith Jr. said Nabers is like a Picaso! That's good enough for me to be happy if we were to draft him! He also liked Zay Flowers a whole lot last season during the draft.

The top cluster for me in the first round is: MHJ, Nabers, Bowers, Alt at @5 and if we trade down with the Vikings: Bowers, Powers, Fuaga and Barton!

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

BAL, as Hortiz explained in his interview, go BPA and care about depth more than using the draft to plug needs.
                      They took Zay Flowers, Rashod Bateman and Marquis Brown w #1 picks in the past so they will take WRs high.

It looks like the BPA will be WRs at # 5 if QBS go 1,2,3. It is exciting to think of Herbert getting a Jamarr Chase or Devota Smith type star WR.

A trade back to add more picks and still get Rome Odunze , Brian Thomas, or Ladd McConkey would work too. Really excited for how this team will look this season.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

LOL, no starting CBs, no Starting LBs, no starting Center, no starting DT, etc...yeah, we don't need players anyway, plus let's not forget that they are in a fantastic position to replace Keenan with a player that will cost a fraction of what Keenan was making for the next four years minimum, tons of nice receivers in this draft, TONS all the way from the 1st round to the 7th round there are guys worth drafting at receiver...
                        I agree with you. Those 4 positions will be targets.
                        The WR prospects run deep. Trade back and fill your roster with quality players.
                        The Vikings seem like the perfect trade back partner. #11, #23, #37, #69, #105, and #110 could do a lot of damage.
                        #11 RT Fuaga. Run the ball and protect the QB.
                        #23 CB Kool-Aid. Need a boundary CB.
                        #37 DT Kris Jenkins. Creates havoc and fits Minter defense.
                        #69 OC Sedrick Van Pran.
                        #105 BPA @RB... let's say it's Jaylen Wright, Braelen Allen, Audric Estime, or Blake Corum.
                        #110 BPA @LB... let's say it's Jaylon Ford or Tommy Eichenberg.

@#140... there are good WR's still there. Malik Washington, Brenden Rice and Jamari Thrash could be there. Only need 1 to slip. Michigan's Cornelius Johnson is better than mocked right now. Good receiver in a run-first offense.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

they will be signing a veteran starting center, just so happens that several "released" ones are available which doesn't negate that comp pick formula...
                          Sounds good Fouts to Herbert .... center and cb are critical and even linebacker; with Keenan's salary it was looking like check mate for the Chargers: they were going to have to reach for players and they would still have holes on the team.

You do not fill this year's holes with day 3 guys.

This is the draft to bring in receivers; but this team will be about 3rd and 2, not 3rd and 5.

Comment

Working...
                          X