• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Because I’ve been watching Vikings poscasts, I don’t know if you guys are aware that there’s an Investigation into ATL tampering with Cousins. There are rumors that the NFL is going to make ATL swap with MIN. So MIN would have 8 and ATL would go to 10.
    But they are saying if this gets murky and ATL is trying to make it as muddy as possible, the penalty probably doesn’t happen until next year as the investigation will take forever.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This guy really, really moves.
      1.49 Ten Yard Split.
      Gould...yep, elite 10-yd., vert and broad...4.39 40...projected to go in round 5...

image.png
      Rating: 81.6 Rank: #25 Forty: 4.39 Anthony Gould enters the NFL Draft with a profile that's as electric as it is challenging for scouts. His game-breaking speed and elite return skills a...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You have to have a dance partner.

If the Vikings don't like McCarthy, a trade down pretty much implodes.

Greg Cosell says that half the NFL GMs are not wild about McCarthy.

And what about the OTHER half?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
          I’d listen to Popper guys. He’s in the know and he says RT isn’t this insane, huge need the way the media is portraying it.
          Everyone automatically agrees that this staff is going to make all these existing players at all these positions much better, But!! Not at RT!! No way. Pipkins sucks and he just sucks and thats it. He sucks. And Harbaugh can’t fix this one position but everywhere else he’s going to vastly improve those players. It’s kinda stupid to think this. Popper says that Salyer is also an option and he brings up these players strategically as if to say they don’t think the O line is this huge problem necessarily. They have a lot to work with. He also goes so far as to say the last regime did an admirable job of trying to get the oline in order and there’s plenty there for a new coaching staff to work with.
          He thinks from talking to the staff that WR is still a huge need and he mentions Bowers. The top 3 WRs are options and they consider them to be really, really good.
          Bowers is a player Roman wants and can use extensively in his offense.

CB is the biggest defensive need. Bad. His order of defensive need after listening and getting a feel for this new staff.
          1. Corner
          2. DT
          3. LB ( Only if the draft falls a certain way)

Staying at 5 unless they get multiple picks in this draft is also the sense he gets and they use that Jeremiah draft where they give up 5 for a 2025 2nd so the Jets can take MH2 and not getting anything this year aint happening. No way. 5 wil require a kings ransomkind of situation. Multiple 1’s etc, etc…

Byron Murphy is a possibility with Bowers at 11.

37 for Corum? Nope.
          RB is a 3rd or 4th round range. An some of these guys will fall into the 4th. 105-110 range.
          Keep your eye on RB Austin Estime, C Hunter Norzad, S Josh Proctor later…S is an underrated need late…
          In his final mock draft last year Daniel Popper had us taking Michael Mayer 21st overall. Mayer was picked 35th overall by the Raiders. If he couldn't get a good read on what Staley and Telesco were going to do in the draft, I doubt he is "in the know" with Harbaugh and Hortiz.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You have to have a dance partner.

If the Vikings don't like McCarthy, a trade down pretty much implodes.

Greg Cosell says that half the NFL GMs are not wild about McCarthy.

Daniel Jones is pouting about something.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Stetson516
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2024
              • Send PM

IMO...i don't think we waste a blue chip pick on Bowers. Plenty of other needs and more important. But..... have you looked at Tip Rieman? Dude flows across the middle and sits down just like Kelce does.. his highlights resemble him sooo much and he plucks the ball out of the air so easy and snappy.... his hands are HUGE, like Gronks. His measurables are like both combined, if not better. Bigger faster stronger... bench more than both, 28 reps. LOVES to run block. Huge...6'5" 270lbs... he's probably like our late 4th (110) or early 5th round option at that position... watch some film and let me know if I'm off my rocker. BOLT UP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And what about the OTHER half?
                If the Vikings are in that half, we're in business.

If not, scratch them from the list of suitors willing to move up. That would be a big blow to striking the draft capital mother load.

They spent a 2 to move up to #23, that's promising - but you never know.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Me on draft night:

With the 4rth pick, Arizona selects Marvin Harrison Jr.

"fudge, wait .... okay, come on down Minnesota."

with the 5th pick of the draft, Los Angeles selects ....

"FUCK! "

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This guy really, really moves.
                    1.49 Ten Yard Split.
                    Hortiz can find WR/PR/KR anywhere. He mentioned as much.
                    ​​​​But that prospect would be a great addition as a 5-7 Rd pick.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stetson516 View Post
                      IMO...i don't think we waste a blue chip pick on Bowers. Plenty of other needs and more important. But..... have you looked at Tip Rieman? Dude flows across the middle and sits down just like Kelce does.. his highlights resemble him sooo much and he plucks the ball out of the air so easy and snappy.... his hands are HUGE, like Gronks. His measurables are like both combined, if not better. Bigger faster stronger... bench more than both, 28 reps. LOVES to run block. Huge...6'5" 270lbs... he's probably like our late 4th (110) or early 5th round option at that position... watch some film and let me know if I'm off my rocker. BOLT UP!

I’m a fan of Tip Rieman. He’s a great athlete for his size and can block. I’d be happy if they took him in the 5th.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Hortiz can find WR/PR/KR anywhere. He mentioned as much.
                        ​​​But that prospect would be a great addition as a 5-7 Rd pick.
                        So true.
                        Closer we get to Apr 25
                        the pickier I get.
                        DeJean is stiff.
                        Gould @ #181 ???
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Stetson516
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2024
                          • Send PM

I also like Bub Means later in the draft.... could really fill a need at WR and not break the draft capital. Big 6-1, 212.. strong, 19 reps big hands, fast...4.43... qb rating when targeted is excellent. Run blocks on the outside. Probably get him 5th or 6th round. Rieman at 110 and Means at 140? Grab Alt or Mims round 1, Kool-aid or Rakestraw at 37, junior 69, and C Limmer at 105... get a OT, CB, LB, OC, TE, WR... I like it.

Comment

Working...
                          X