• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Ditto. Ecstatic about this signing, so much potential. I don't know if it negates the need to draft an RB on Day 2 or in the 4th round. They can't depend on Dobbins staying healthy and Spiller just does not have it.
    Doesn't change anything for me. I'd still like Wright round 3-4 or maybe I take Ray Davis if he is gone.

I mean if we sign Verrett would we be thinking we are set at CB?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Ditto. Ecstatic about this signing, so much potential. I don't know if it negates the need to draft an RB on Day 2 or in the 4th round. They can't depend on Dobbins staying healthy and Spiller just does not have it.
      we don't actually know that about Spiller, sorry I can't agree with you on that one...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

They wanna bring they own guys in they trust.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

I would bring in Jonathan Brooks.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

we don't actually know that about Spiller, sorry I can't agree with you on that one...
            What don't we know about Spiller? We know that he sucks. 55 career carries, 2.5 ypc. He's at best practice squad material and I'm not sure he's even that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I’m a big fan of this signing. I think this pushes RB down the draft board. Maybe Tyrone Tracy Jr. in the 6th if he’s there. They still have Spiller and I think he will get his chances this year. I also think they are going to try and get the most out of Dobbins, and get him to have a really good year so they can get another comp pick in a couple years.

Keilan Robinson is the RB I hope they go after with their last pick or priority UDFA. Explosive!!!
              I’m a fan of the signing, not yet a big fan as I just want to see him lace em up and carry a couple rocks. He has talent, can he stay on the field?

I would not be smiling if I were Spiller. This is not good for him at all. It’s a vote of no confidence, his roster spot is questionable now depending on what else plays out, his odds are getting long.

I never thought Corum in Rd3 was gonna happen. Too many real player needs. Corum was rode hard and put away wet in MI, not that longevity in RBs matters a lot anymore, nobody expects to keep a RB for very long.

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                I mean if we sign Verrett would we be thinking we are set at CB?
                Agreed. Hopeful that Dobbins is more durable going forward, but he's every much like Verrett, one injury after another, and he's not a player you want to depend on.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  I would not be smiling if I were Spiller. This is not good for him at all. It’s a vote of no confidence, his roster spot is questionable now depending on what else plays out, his odds are getting long.
                  I don't know why Spiller is even in the conversation. He sucks. Good riddance.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I don't know why Spiller is even in the conversation. He sucks. Good riddance.
                    Yeah, i don’t care if they bring him to camp but I have no expectation he will suddenly emerge. They are not signing RBs to be his backup, thats for sure.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

I think we will go UDFA for another RB.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I don’t think Spiller has smiled in a long time.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

does it even make sense to draft a RB at this point? it's significant that they signed him BEFORE the draft, before teams started scrambling to fill holes they couldn't fill in the draft...right now the RB room looks kind of full already and that doesn't eliminate another guy signing in UDRFA, we have Patterson and Dotson too
                          With JK Dobbins coming off a torn Achilles, I'm thinking that Gus Edwards is the only guy who's pretty much sure to be a stable backfield presence. So I expect them to add another body to the room.

Comment

Working...
                          X