• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post
    I posted this in the Dobbins thread as well.

This has potential to be a great move. If Dobbins is all the way healthy, he’s more explosive than Edwards.

I’ve been very impressed with Joe Hortiz’s discipline to the positional value. They wanted to jump into the Sequan/Jacob’s/Henry pool but when the market didn’t stay suppressed as expected, they pivoted to their secondary plan.
    Now their entire 4/5 man RB room will cost them less than $6,000,000. Great job by Joe to stay true to a commoditized position.

Now they just need to find their Keaton Mitchell and if he improved on his Blitz pick up, they may have him in-house already with Elijah Dotson.
    Now, that's what I'm talkin' about...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I honestly have a hard time judging any RB we have had with the way our O was the past 3 years. Maybe with some real coaching and an upgraded offensive line he shows something.
      he'll have a chance to show what he can do, but to say he's done like Velo says is a bit premature, he's only 23 and maybe this new offense is what the doctor ordered or maybe he's gone before the season, one thing I will bet is that he's not going to be kept around just because he was a 4rth rounder two years ago...that type of shit is over in this new regime...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

This has potential to be a great move. If Dobbins is all the way healthy, he’s more explosive than Edwards.

I’ve been very impressed with Joe Hortiz’s discipline to the positional value. They wanted to jump into the Sequan/Jacob’s/Henry pool but when the market didn’t stay suppressed as expected, they pivoted to their secondary plan.
        Now their entire 4/5 man RB room will cost them less than $6,000,000. Great job by Joe to stay true to a commoditized position.

Now they just need to find their Keaton Mitchell and if he improved on his Blitz pick up, they may have him in-house already with Elijah Dotson.
        If TT was making these signings the board would say he was dumpster diving...lol. Seriously though I am loving what Hortiz is doing.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

RB Keilan Robinson

Comment

• Stetson516
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2024
            • Send PM

Dotson has what it takes.. he's hungry. Draft an RB in round 6. Kid from Purdue Tyrone Tracy or Emani Bailey... let's get dirty picks with 5-110. OT, CB, LB, WR/DL, OC...

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

I like this guy in the 3rd round. Big (6-1, 223), fast (4.39 40), averaged 6.1 ypc his last two seasons at FSU. Scored 14 rushing TDs in 2023. Also had 20 catches for 227 yds and 1 TD catch last season. He suffered a major knee injury as a freshman in Oregon, that may be a concern for his longevity in the pros. But if he's there at #69 when the Chargers pick in the 3rd, he'd be hard to pass up.

Trey Benson 2023 Florida State Highlights 🍢 || HD

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stetson516 View Post
                Dotson has what it takes.. he's hungry. Draft an RB in round 6. Kid from Purdue Tyrone Tracy or Emani Bailey... let's get dirty picks with 5-110. OT, CB, LB, WR/DL, OC...
                Dotson had one or two good preseason games against 4th string defenders. When he got his carries against real NFL defenders he was clearly overmatched. Practice squad player only.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Dotson had one or two good preseason games against 4th string defenders. When he got his carries against real NFL defenders he was clearly overmatched. Practice squad player only.
                  Agreed about Dotson and who knows what Spiller will bring, no guarantees. Even players like JT Woods and Jaimes, Duggan, who knows. I still think there is going to be turnover of 25 players. I am not sure what the number is today - let me look at the 2023 Roster

Out: Allen, Williams., Ekeler, Everett, Vato Davis, Murray, Austin Johnson, Clapp, Kendricks, Amen O, Nick Williams is not back yet, Linsley retiring (so we won't count him), Bassey, Marlowe - won't count a few other guys like Vannett or Erickson as they played a handful of games

Josh Kelley hasn't signed with anybody - so thats another player

In: Perryman, Dissly, Edwards, Bozeman, Poona Ford, Fulton, Troy Dye, now Dobbins

14 out so far

I can easily see the number getting to 25

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I completely forgot Dotson was even still here!

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                      Even players like JT Woods and Jaimes, Duggan, who knows.
                      I'd add Rumph to this list. Unless he Ficken really likes him for ST.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Thank you. I don't quite get the love for Dotson? Nothing against him but just don't see the excitement. He is a 200lb, 4.5 guy who is not very special. He had a great game with two long runs against the Rams? in preseason.

To me he is very much like Spiller, only he did not cost us a 4th round pick. Best thing Dotson did was take Larry Rountree's spot!

Boy our RB room was awful last year. Injured/malcontent Ekeler supported by Kelly, Spiller, Dotson. No wonder Moore did not try to run the ball.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

If TT was making these signings the board would say he was dumpster diving...lol. Seriously though I am loving what Hortiz is doing.
                          As I see it, there are two main differences between TT and Trader Joe:

1. TT signed a lot of high-priced FA's. (JCJ, SJD, Lindsley, Bulaga, Backwards Benji, Okung, Chris Harris). Some of these guys worked out, but several of them were either busts or JAGs. So far, Trader Joe has shied away from monster contracts, mainly to get out of cap hell. Next year, we may see Hortiz spring for one or two pricier deals, but I think he's going to be disciplined here.

2. Both TT and Trader Joe signed a lot of vets to cheap 1-2 year deals. However, TT tended to sign a lot of these guys after the draft, after TC or in mid-season as coupon-clip, dumpster-dive specials. And that's how we ended up with the dregs of the leftovers. Trader Joe, on the other hand, has signed a lot of these 1-2 year contracts PRE-draft, before the decent FA's are snapped up early. Hortiz is also building quality depth. Notice we have TWO solid TE's, TWO solid RB's, etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X