• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

“Kim Smith ESPN reports today that the Minnesota Vikings are currently trying to get a trade in place before draft day for a Top 5 picks “

What did Hortiz just say?!?!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
      “Kim Smith ESPN reports today that the Minnesota Vikings are currently trying to get a trade in place before draft day for a Top 5 picks “

Said they have had calls, discussions but not discussed picks and such. Not sure that's true but he didn't get into it much. But he did say they have fielded calls and anticipated more next week and in draft day. Didn't mention teams.

Says first 4 could be QBs but not sure. Could be 3 and a possition player. They discuss all possible scenarios.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Said they have had calls, discussions but not discussed picks and such. Not sure that's true but he didn't get into it much. But he did say they have fielded calls and anticipated more next week and in draft day. Didn't mention teams.

Says first 4 could be QBs but not sure. Could be 3 and a possition player. They discuss all possible scenarios.
        I listened to it, man. I was just reminding everyone that along with her info, Hortiz isn’t playing around.
        Hortiz needs to just set the price and then don’t budge right up to the pick. Make em sweat if that’s what it takes.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I listened to it, man. I was just reminding everyone that along with her info, Hortiz isn’t playing around.
          Hortiz needs to just set the price and then don’t budge right up to the pick. Make em sweat if that’s what it takes.
          11 23 108 at minimum for 5

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

“Kim Smith ESPN reports today that the Minnesota Vikings are currently trying to get a trade in placebefore draft day for a Top 5 picks “

That makes a lot of sense. If true, however, it virtually signals that it's not the Chargers. That would be foolish of the Vikings because some team could jump them to #4. They would be looking for a guaranteed position to get their guy or guys if they have two graded the same.
            I think New England may be up to something. I could see them and the Vikings making something work honestly.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Question- If the Broncos want to trade up to 5 in exchange for their 1st round this year, 1st round next year and CB Pat Surtain, would you do that trade?

I might ask for their 2nd or 3rd this year as well. QB tax and division rival will cost more than usual. Sean Payton said they are desperate.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2024
                • Send PM

I'm curious:

What percentage does everyone think that the Chargers actually want to trade down as a first or second priority?

Based on what I hear, I would say %5.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

After listening to that, I don’t think Hortiz accepts that. 3 1’s and they need to be in this draft is the sense I’m getting. The top of this draft in terms of value doesn’t happen often. If MH2 is there, it’s the same for him too..

And add into this that DEN is ready to offer a kings ransom to move up…

Just drive up the price…Just keep driving it up..

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post
                    I'm curious:

What percentage does everyone think that the Chargers actually want to trade down as a first or second priority?

Based on what I hear, I would say %5.
                    I think they really do want to trade down, but only for a massive haul. 3 1’s. Plus..

But I also think they realize that these 3 WRs are freakin special.
                    Harrison and Odunze start day 1 as the X receiver and they are immediate impact players.
                    Nabers is more of a slot guy, but he’s a nightmare as well.
                    Knowing this and the leverage that these 3 WRs create for you is paramount to demanding a massive haul and if no teams wants to do it, fine…take the WR you want, cause you are getting a slam dunk.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I think Trader Joe makes EVERYONE wait and sweat until he's actually on the clock...sounds like they will have all the potential offers in before that, depending on who's picked in the top 4...however, he did say if some unexpected big offer comes along, they'll consider it:

"If four quarterbacks go, we believe strongly we have the first pick," Hortiz said. "So, what are teams willing to give us? Now, we know it's the fifth pick and teams are going to be trading on that scope, but it's got to be a value for us.

"Do we have to be blown away? What is blown away? I don't know the answer to that," Hortiz added.
                      "You weigh the options and the offers that we get. We'll take the best one if we do move back."

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How about: "11...23...108...2025 #1...HIKE!"

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                          Question- If the Broncos want to trade up to 5 in exchange for their 1st round this year, 1st round next year and CB Pat Surtain, would you do that trade?

I might ask for their 2nd or 3rd this year as well. QB tax and division rival will cost more than usual. Sean Payton said they are desperate.
                          Mighty tempting.

Comment

Working...
                          X