• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

I just circled back to Ourlad's. Our depth chart is fun now.

Here's an idea. Colson is Mr. Green Dot. Perryman is our second best LB. Maybe Minter moves him to Run and Hit Will, opposite Junior.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing what Zion and Salyer do with Harbaugh and his staff. Maybe Pipkins will surprise us, but I think Harbaugh said what did about Pipkins being one of the top five linemen to pump up Zion and Salyer, both of whom he hasn't said much about (I actually don't remember hearing him say anything about them).

Whatever the case may be, we have our situation at tackle figured out. Let the competition begin on the inside.
      Given that we know Harbaugh generally means what he says - Zion and Salyer better be working . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing what Zion and Salyer do with Harbaugh and his staff. Maybe Pipkins will surprise us, but I think Harbaugh said what did about Pipkins being one of the top five linemen to pump up Zion and Salyer, both of whom he hasn't said much about (I actually don't remember hearing him say anything about them).

Whatever the case may be, we have our situation at tackle figured out. Let the competition begin on the inside.
        Yeah, I really have no idea about their plans @IOL... or why they would insinuate that Trey was one of the top 5 linemen.
        But I am excited to see that the center (and 2 OT positions) are taken care of. Those 3 positions have always been important to me.
        Let the rest compete for the starting OG positions. I think I remember Harbaugh saying good things about Zion right after Harbaugh got hired as HC.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2023
          • Send PM

I can't believe how well this draft went. I thought for certain we'd have to trade down at least once to procure the necessary picks to address all of the holes on this roster. Not only did we not trade down we actually traded up!!! LOL Yet somehow we got some awesome pieces throughout the draft for just about every roster hole we have. I'm still in shock over just how well Jim/Joe did. Someone pinch me, dammit!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Alt - Zion - Bozeman - Salayer - Slater
            Not bad ! Clapp and Pipskin were starters last year !

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

Are we moving Zion again???

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post
                I can't believe how well this draft went. I thought for certain we'd have to trade down at least once to procure the necessary picks to address all of the holes on this roster. Not only did we not trade down we actually traded up!!! LOL Yet somehow we got some awesome pieces throughout the draft for just about every roster hole we have. I'm still in shock over just how well Jim/Joe did. Someone pinch me, dammit!
                This draft was loaded with talent. It was a really good draft. 6 QBs went in the 1st. Not since ‘83.
                That pushed down players in an already extremely deep draft.
                Next year will not be like this.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  I just circled back to Ourlad's. Our depth chart is fun now.

Here's an idea. Colson is Mr. Green Dot. Perryman is our second best LB. Maybe Minter moves him to Run and Hit Will, opposite Junior.
                  Yep...the fact that Colson already KNOWS Minter's D is huge...it's like he's already way ahead of the rest of the D...knows what to call, etc...I really like that pick!

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...the fact that Colson already KNOWS Minter's D is huge...it's like he's already way ahead of the rest of the D...knows what to call, etc...I really like that pick!
                    And he can teach the D to everyone else. He’s another coach on the field.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                      RB Kimani Vidal gained 1056 yds after 1st contact.
                      I have to honest, even in his highlight videos, I saw defenders who shouldn't be playing for good varsity high school teams.
                      okay I'm trying to be funny, but seriously, bad bad tackling, hesitation and many were just bodies out there.

my faith in Vidal comes more from Joe and Jim than his tape or write-up thus far.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        Alt - Zion - Bozeman - Salayer - Slater
                        Not bad ! Clapp and Pipskin were starters last year !
                        Maybe Salyer plays better in between Boze and Slater...if not, I'd still like us to pick up a FA RG for depth and insurance...

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I have to honest, even in his highlight videos, I saw defenders who shouldn't be playing for good varsity high school teams.
                          okay I'm trying to be funny, but seriously, bad bad tackling, hesitation and many were just bodies out there.

my faith in Vidal comes more from Joe and Jim than his tape or write-up thus far.

Comment

Working...
                          X