• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I don't think they are insinuating a damn thing, they really do believe that shit...I'm going to laugh my ass right off if Trey beats out Salyer at RG, I mean how ironic would that be? this whole time you guys that make up the PHC (pipkins hate club) have been clamoring for Salyer to replace Trey at RT!
    I have no idea what they are planning, but that would be kinda funny for the reason you note. In the days of Charger lore, there once was a giant lead-footed mountain of a man named Clary that floundered on his island of RT, to widespread and legendary disregard and disdain. Once he was finally slid inside to RG, he played quite well.

A decade later, a giant man with tuna boat sized feet, unable to turn around in a narrow sea channel, floundered once more at RT. Dispatched to faraway lands, he found modest success on another team at … yes … RG.

It does happen.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Nice work, guys! Slow, mid-round guys play guard. I think we've made a break-through, tonight...

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ideal candidate, especially in Power scheme for the long run.
        but for now, Bozeman has a lot of experience and earned his highest ranking when G-ro put him at OC his last season at Baltimore.
        Give Zion time to eventually take over at OC.
        Is this the new "move him to safety"

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I have no idea what they are planning, but that would be kinda funny for the reason you note. In the days of Charger lore, there once was a giant lead-footed mountain of a man named Clary that floundered on his island of RT, to widespread and legendary disregard and disdain. Once he was finally slid inside to RG, he played quite well.

A decade later, a giant man with tuna boat sized feet, unable to turn around in a narrow sea channel, floundered once more at RT. Dispatched to faraway lands, he found modest success on another team at … yes … RG.

It does happen.
          Well Mac, let's hope yer theory works out...we need to have an open, fair competition for that RG spot...NO FAVORITES!
          (And no Pet Birthday Boys, either...)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I am REALLY impressed with the mindset of Joe Alt.

No fluff.
            No fillers.
            No preservatives.
            No artificial food colors.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Pipkins definitely isn't a starting caliber tackle in pass pro, but I think he might make a pretty good guard. He's a willing run blocker and I've seen him really move people. Unfortunately it's always been the guys next to him (right guard on one side and tight end on the other) screwing things up in the run game.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                I am REALLY impressed with the mindset of Joe Alt.

No fluff.
                No fillers.
                No preservatives.
                No artificial food colors.
                ...and the cream of the crop rises to the top!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Is this the new "move him to safety"
                  In the case of Cam Hart, it might be real for once.

We do have DB Coach Chris O'Leary from ND (see draft call from Costa Mesa to Hart household.)

There's UDFA Safety Thomas Harper from ND.

I actually read a scouting report from a respectable pundit, which said Cam Hart's best position might be Safety.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well Mac, let's hope yer theory works out...we need to have an open, fair competition for that RG spot...NO FAVORITES!
                    (And no Pet Birthday Boys, either...)
                    Agree - I have no favorite. I'd note McFadden was not too bad in very limited OG reps, and given he was relegated to backup from the beginning of last camp and probably never got to work with starters, who knows what he may offer. I see the many posts Harbaugh says he's a center, I didn't read that exactly into his comments but they could be right- But 2 years of Zion leaves me wondering if he might be better suited at C too. Trust in JH to sort it.

It will be interesting, I am confident that this staff will get the best players in their best positions and playing their best ball and it will be night and day from the constant clusterfuck of confusion we saw across the entire OL last year. Razzle dazzle is fun and all but teams that execute the basics the best usually become the best teams. Especially come Dec and Jan. For the first time in decades I feel I don't need to quickly scan the schedule to see which week we go to KC or DEN. Hell - we may have an advantage in blizzard-ball depending on how it comes together.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Competitors welcome.

I have a feeling the starting OL might not look the way we all think it will (in a good way, someone will surprise in camp).
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

In the case of Cam Hart, it might be real for once.

We do have DB Coach Chris O'Leary from ND (see draft call from Costa Mesa to Hart household.)

There's UDFA Safety Thomas Harper from ND.

I actually read a scouting report from a respectable pundit, which said Cam Hart's best position might be Safety.
                        4.5 time
                        His 39.5-inch vertical leap tied for eighth among cornerbacks; his broad jump of 10-10 tied for sixth at the position; and his 20-yard shuttle time of 4.24 tied for seventh. His 4.5 time in the 40-yard dash tied for 19th.
                        4.5 is a good safety number, his scouting report is good long speed, ironic as his shuttle is better than his 40. he's got some thumper and tackling skill our new crew will love to see - you could be right, especially looking at depth behind James and Gilman. I anticipate a backup role in 2024 for him + ST force. All of the Day3 picks better be ready to be ST forces imo.

how is the DB coach call relevant to CB vs S question, not clear there?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          Competitors welcome.

I have a feeling the starting OL might not look the way we all think it will (in a good way, someone will surprise in camp).
                          me too.

Comment

Working...
                          X