• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Think I would prefer DJ Chark. He has made a pro bowl and is younger.
    Good call out. But if going for free agents
    I think Simmons , OL depth or IDL depth

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good call out. But if going for free agents
      I think Simmons , OL depth or IDL depth

this. I don't think WR will be a deep fishing pond for Joe - but it depends on who gets released and how cheap they'd take a 1 yr prove-it-again deal. Can't see signing any WR for $5M+ or anything like that.

One of Joe's M.O., as he described it in an interview a few months ago, is sign more expensive guys very late, like December, so the team only pays a few games of salary against the CAP but then the player(s) qualify for future comp picks when they sign elsewhere the following year.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Mason Graham and Will Johnson will likely be top 5 picks.

I could see Chargers taking Colston Loveland the TE in the first round if we pick in the teens. Think he is in for a big year next year. And we need a long term stud at TE
        I love Mason Graham. I’m intrigued how he will play now the spot light will be on him, Minter gone and Jenkins gone.

Also interested in how Colston Loveland plays with a new QB. Definitely not opposed to taking him in the 1st if he’s that good. If TE Luke Lachey comes back and has a strong year, he could be in the conversation as TE1 as well. Those 2 are the top 2 TEs next year at the moment.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

I think the Chargers have a very deep team.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

Do we have upcoming practices open to the public?
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I wonder if Lincoln Riley called up Harbaugh and said, “Dude, you got to pick this guy.”
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                [/B]

this. I don't think WR will be a deep fishing pond for Joe - but it depends on who gets released and how cheap they'd take a 1 yr prove-it-again deal. Can't see signing any WR for $5M+ or anything like that.

One of Joe's M.O., as he described it in an interview a few months ago, is sign more expensive guys very late, like December, so the team only pays a few games of salary against the CAP but then the player(s) qualify for future comp picks when they sign elsewhere the following year.
                Agreed. Suddenly the WR room is fine to me. What’s DJ Chark know that Palmer doesn’t?
                I don’t get this “we need a vet”. We have a vet. Palmer. He’s good.
                Simmons is a need in that he accomplishes 2 huge factors.
                He knows our division and can give insight into the other teams from his perspective.
                He’s really good, and he allows James to go down into the box and play a more hybrid SS/LB role, while Simmons and Gilman roam.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I like this roster a lot. It’s not a SB winner, But I easily see 9 -10 wins. This O is built to win.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    I like this roster a lot. It’s not a SB winner, But I easily see 9 -10 wins. This O is built to win.
                    How do you think it compares in the division/conference/league? I think we're probably below average. On offense, Two bookend OT's one of whom is a rookie playing on the opposite side of where he played. Guards and centers, nothing special. Below average TE room. Below average WR room counting on guys who haven't proven it or rookies. RB maybe abo e average but only if Dobbins is healthy and returns to form. QB above average.

on defense, depending a lot on Bosa's health and Khalil's ability to keep the clock turned back. Colson will have to be a great rookie. CBS like WRs, below average and hoping for rookies. Safeties, above average.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Interesting thread which posits that the 2024 WR draft class is vastly overrated and teams would be better off trying to trade or sign a vet.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Interesting thread which posits that the 2024 WR draft class is vastly overrated and teams would be better off trying to trade or sign a vet.

https://twitter.com/scottbarrettdfb/...4BrrXe6U-h5bEA
                        I have a feeling we are not going to stress out over the 2 7th round picks we spent on the last WR’s and Ladd looks like he was the real deal.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

How do you think it compares in the division/conference/league? I think we're probably below average. On offense, Two bookend OT's one of whom is a rookie playing on the opposite side of where he played. Guards and centers, nothing special. Below average TE room. Below average WR room counting on guys who haven't proven it or rookies. RB maybe abo e average but only if Dobbins is healthy and returns to form. QB above average.

on defense, depending a lot on Bosa's health and Khalil's ability to keep the clock turned back. Colson will have to be a great rookie. CBS like WRs, below average and hoping for rookies. Safeties, above average.
                          would volunteer that we are def above avg....

guards and centers.... are special.... people keep knocking Zion, and all dude did was pretty much hold his own against the likes of Chris Jones, and was named on the all rookie team, not to mention he def turned out the better prospect rather than the either of Kenyon Green or Trevor Penning, and.... reason you draft guys like that are his mindset.... it's not an accident he came in looking like he didn't spend much spare time this offseason.... dude is gonna take a step up, and.... Bozeman is def above avg @the OC, not to mention that this O is gonna better suit his contributions to be had, and.... we have a bit of an X factor if Pips slides inside @RG.... coaches were in theory upgraded as well.

gonna volunteer that we have an above avg TE room.... let's not forget that most TEs get less than a handful of balls/game, and that most of their work is blocking, and.... obviously we've upgraded a fair bit in that department, and.... Parham 'n Hurst can catch the ball, and Dissly and Heins can both take care of their biz in that department, the few times that we might call their number.

and ditto for an above avg WR room, given that Palmer has by most accounts outperformed his draft slotting, and that McConkey was just a smidge outta the first round, and that QJ was averaging 5 balls/game to close out last season, and.... if they would just throw the ball to Derius Davis.... good things would happen, and.... not to mention we've got the Rocket Man/Golden God throwing to them.

RB.... check, and.... QB is a superstar.... this is where Big Jim is gonna earn his money.... most great coaches have a great QB.... don't think Herbo has hit his ceiling.

11-6 + 3 playoff wins.... just sayin'

ps. defense def has room to improve.... if Joey stays healthy, could be better @LB, better CB depth, and.... ye ol' coaching upgrade (we hopes/thinx)
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X