• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Figured he would hold out for more after turning down the hometown Steelers. Just means Simmons will likely cost more as well so doubt we will sign him either.
    That is a pretty good number for Boyd as the signing is coming post draft

Probably does put Simmons out of the Chargers budget - but not sure where his landing spot will be

The Titans had the 4th most cap space and this would move the Chargers up one spot to 4th most left

Who knows, Titans might still double dip with Simmons but they have to pay their draft class too. I still think it will be the Texans who sign Simmons

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Didn't duke tout Pipkins? maybe i overstate his endorsement, pleased for any corrections.
      Duke has worked with Trey in the recent past.

OL Masterminds is a growing business, so overtouting can be in play.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
        I think Palmer is quite a bit better than Tyler Boyd. I watch every Cincy game and never got the Boyd love and reputation. He really doesn’t do a lot and doesn’t have any 1 thing he really excels at
        Looks to me he does many of the same things as Josh Palmer. He has just put up much better numbers doing it.

I dont really care if we sign him or not, but it sounds like this management will likely bring in one veteran WR to the group. They have had 3 in for vists now.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Boyd would've been a great addition if they had only drafted McConkey, which I believe was what they thought they would to going into the draft. But after having Cornelius Johnson and Brenden Rice fall into their hands in the 7th round, the need to sign a veteran diminishes. I don't think they are interested in MVS, who has a career 50 percent catch rate (in contrast to Boyd, who's had a 70 percent catch rate playing with Burrow). I think they are going to roll with the young'uns in the WR room. It worked out well for Jordan Love last season. His top 4 WRs last season were two rookies and a pair of 2nd year players. His two TEs were rookies as well.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

I believe Palmer is better than Boyd. Palmer is a legit # 2 who I think is still ascending. You can't say that about Boyd at this point in his career. He is who is as a leveled off # 3.

That said, I do believe Boyd can help this team although I think any available money is better spent on defense.
            I dont get how this board concludes that Palmer has proven himself as a legit #2. I see him as a decent WR3. He certainly isnt a #2 on the good receiving corps on NFL teams. Would be #4 in Chicago or Seattle.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Chark off the table, MVS still a maybe. Hortiz has a reason to look at vet FA WRs. Not sure what but it's a fact.

Maybe they just want the WRs to know nothing is being given. Bust your ass to learn the new playbook and be ready. Blocking required from all O.
              Did Chark sign somewhere?

Comment

• ETicket
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Assessing Boyd proves challenging: is he a skilled WR whose abilities are overshadowed by two superior teammates, or a middling receiver who thrives due to opposing defenses concentrating on stronger options?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Boyd would've been a great addition if they had only drafted McConkey, which I believe was what they thought they would to going into the draft. But after having Cornelius Johnson and Brenden Rice fall into their hands in the 7th round, the need to sign a veteran diminishes. I don't think they are interested in MVS, who has a career 50 percent catch rate (in contrast to Boyd, who's had a 70 percent catch rate playing with Burrow). I think they are going to roll with the young'uns in the WR room. It worked out well for Jordan Love last season. His top 4 WRs last season were two rookies and a pair of 2nd year players. His two TEs were rookies as well.
                  It did work out well in GB, with 2nd rounders and one 5th rounder. We are talking 2 7th rounders. Maybe they work out or maybe they turn out to be "steals" like Joe Reed and KJ Hill who were going to kill it.

I was and am all for moving out Keenan and Mike and going young, but a little perplexed that I keep hearing how crowded this room is. We have a bunch of guys who have done nothing in the NFL other than one 70 catch season from an injury prone Josh Palmer. There is a reason Chargers are still looking at veterans. It is a sound approach.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That is a pretty good number for Boyd as the signing is coming post draft

Probably does put Simmons out of the Chargers budget - but not sure where his landing spot will be

The Titans had the 4th most cap space and this would move the Chargers up one spot to 4th most left

Who knows, Titans might still double dip with Simmons but they have to pay their draft class too. I still think it will be the Texans who sign Simmons
                    Does Marcus Maye have anything left in the tank? He is a FS who would come affordable I would think

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I dont get how this board concludes that Palmer has proven himself as a legit #2. I see him as a decent WR3. He certainly isnt a #2 on the good receiving corps on NFL teams. Would be #4 in Chicago or Seattle.
                      But on this team he is #1 and the only vet WR we have. We are now a young WR group with 3 rookies to prove their worth and QJ needing to prove he belongs.

Comment

• PowderBill
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Think you are wrong about him. Healthy he is 1A or 1B on the Chargers.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Thus endeth the Boydeth.

Heh, I wonder if for some reason JH2 was just doing him a solid, helping him drive up his price with Pittsburgh? Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X