• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
    According to these numbers, he doesn't made playoff once since 2011? That was bad, lol.

So, he had one good stretch from 2005-2008, ten years ago. Every other time was pretty much "one good/one bad" kind of deal. Even in their "good" season, they were struggle to made the playoff. They usually made the playoff on tiebreakers in the last week of the regular season and praying for other teams to win/lose.

And his resume at JAX with Gilbride wasn't that impressive at all. They were even worse than in NY. They, led by Mark Brunell, made the playoff and got shut down by Belichick, and scored 3 points in that game. I still remember watching that game.

I don't think he was a bad coach. I think he is an above avg. coach who likes to keep bad coordinators just because he feels comfortable working with them, eventhought they suck. I never hate Gilbride. I just think he's not a good coach, head coach or coordinator. This days and age and he's still using that old numeric system that confuse players.
    LMAO. And you advocate Joshy but discount every single one of Coughlin's playoff appearances? Good grief.

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

When you look at coaches and players, you want recent success, you want to look at their recent result and resume.

I wouldn't want Belichick, Greg Popavich or any coach in sport if they couldn't made the playoff since 2011. Would you? And it's not like Coughlin had a resume as successful as them even before 2011. His overall resume indicate inconsistency, from good season to bad ones and back to good and back to bad.... Made, missed, made, missed the playoff. And it's not like he made the playoff with 14-2 either. His teams were sweating and praying to made the playoff, praying for other teams to lose in week 17.

He's a good coach. I like him. I think he was in the wrong that he keeps his loyal coordinators no matter what. His coordinators hurt his resume. You might like him but can't deny his weakness here.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

Working...
      X