• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Apologize for the political rant... but it sickens me that this story was buried with all the major news organizations -- barely registered. Same with the cop that was executed earlier in the week in Lancaster.. -- the killer shot him in the face and then stood over him and pumped bullets into him. Apparently there was a cop kidnapped in Kansas as well -- barely saw the link at the bottom of CNN.com. It's a quick news cycle and barely covered. The media is fanning the flames against the police, and perpetuating racism.
    sigpic

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
      Apologize for the political rant... but it sickens me that this story was buried with all the major news organizations -- barely registered. Same with the cop that was executed earlier in the week in Lancaster.. -- the killer shot him in the face and then stood over him and pumped bullets into him. Apparently there was a cop kidnapped in Kansas as well -- barely saw the link at the bottom of CNN.com. It's a quick news cycle and barely covered. The media is fanning the flames against the police, and perpetuating racism.
      The media has been disgusting throughout all this.

The local news stations here were practically begging for protests in El Cajon a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

This is still raw for me. Even though I still feel very much sadness for our friends in blue -especially the kids of the slain officers - here in Palm Springs I also wanted to say that the police in general have to update their policy's/training. There's too much fear and over-reaction related to what I see as their approach to civilians. It's very much like a bully who doesn't even see he's doing anything wrong. There was nothing wrong in this particular instance but it does happen too much in other cases around the nation.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• TheDeafBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          The media has been disgusting throughout all this.

The local news stations here were practically begging for protests in El Cajon a couple of weeks ago.
          My girlfriend's office uses the parking lot where that guy was shot. She saw the whole thing go down....funny enough, her initial response was that the guy "didn't do anything" and the police "just shot him for no reason." Even though she was a first-hand witness to the event, she saw it differently than the video I watched. She came in with a cop-hating mentality, like so many others, and even as the event was unfolding and the guy was clearly erratic and threatening, she sees it as the cops opening fire for "no reason." That is how it will always be spun because a large component of our society distrusts, and even hates law enforcement. So ever since the incident they have been BBQing at that spot every night, having a good time, bringing kids out...family fun kinda thing. They just hang out there all day and night. They bitch about being alienated by the powers-that-be. I guess I would bitch too if I was collecting government funding, food stamps, subsidized rent and able to "protest" by hanging out in the parking lot of a taco shop all day without earning an income. Rough living. Whine, bitch, complain about your situation and your idea to fix it is to shoot cops, disturb your own communities through riots, looting, arson....don't follow police orders and act threatening toward officers and then scream racism when the officer, after telling you to comply 50 times decides to take action. These guys are as clueless as Mike McCoy.

Comment

Working...
          X