Lmao sure seems quiet here after a win.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Yeah, we won the game, but outside of the first two offensive series, we didn't do shit all day long. The coaching staff once again showed their true colors, and without a lot of help from the refs, who I hope are also calling the game in two weeks, I don't think we would have won, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I like the win, and I hope we put together a hell of a win streak. But I can only see dismal gray ahead of us because of our HC. We'll win in spite of him, and I just don't see us going anywhere with that spineless worm running the show.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
        Yeah, we won the game, but outside of the first two offensive series, we didn't do shit all day long. The coaching staff once again showed their true colors, and without a lot of help from the refs, who I hope are also calling the game in two weeks, I don't think we would have won, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I like the win, and I hope we put together a hell of a win streak. But I can only see dismal gray ahead of us because of our HC. We'll win in spite of him, and I just don't see us going anywhere with that spineless worm running the show.
        I'm not negative about tonight. They did go conservative towards the end but Denver couldn't do anything on offense so this is one instance where I think McCoy played the percentages correctly. Last week we played the worst defense in the NFL, this time it was the best defense.

The bottom line is that, mistakes were still made but this time FINALLY players stepped up and made plays in the clutch. That's the difference between this game and the previous losses.

Comment

• FiftyFive
          Dean Spanos is a traitor!
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
          Lmao sure seems quiet here after a win.
          Because it was so unconvincing that it's barely even worth talking about. We played no different than the rest of the season, Jags game aside, but it "worked" for once because it was a Thursday night game against an interim coach and a gimpy game-manager QB.

Comment

• Buck
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We still beat the cheating donks.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

Andy Reid last game with PHI was exactly the same game as this, during the week Desean Jackson, Lesean McCoy all said that they will play their a$$ off for Reid's job, and they came out and played so bad. Andy Reid ended up getting fired.

This game, our players gave good effort and there were good gameplan. We can't score consistently because it's who we played, it's DEN, the best defense in the league. Maybe not stat wise, but they're the most feared defense in the league.

The players certainly played hard and showed that they're not quit on their head coach. They still believe in the coaches.

McCoy still young, he'll have to learn from mistakes and improve fast or the team will have to find another coach that can lead the troops, a leader of men.

I still think we need to start looking for candidates even if we're not sure to move on from McCoy or not. Just to get a good head start.

When you interview somebody for your job, what is the first thing that you're looking for? Experience! Yet, this is the most overlooked quality in the NFL. Teams looking for "young and emerge", "young with potential", sexy and flashy hire. And there were candidates like Zimmer, Arians with huge NFL experience. The tricky parts is a lot of those guys were born to be coordinators, like Norv, Wade Phillips etc.

The last two coach finding and hiring process that got us Norv and McCoy perhaps were some of the worse and unprofessional an organization can do.

We waited 2 months after the season to start the searching process, with all good candidates already long gone.

We searched for head coach by committee. Who the hell ever did that? Group think at its worse.
              Last edited by vinabolt; 10-13-2016, 08:30 PM.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

People keep pointing to the "help from the referee's" but those drive killing holding penalties on Denver were all due to our d-line blowing through their o-line. If those holding penalties weren't called quite a few of those plays would have been sacks or TFL. Give the d-line some credit, they absolutely deserve it. Even if some of the calls were iffy and went our way we've been screwed on plenty of calls this season that it's more an equaling of the scales than anything. Also hard to give any credit to the refs that allowed Miller a free shot on Rivers on that off sides call.

It certainly wasn't a perfect win, but after finding all possible ways to lose so far this season I'll take a win where I can find it.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                  People keep pointing to the "help from the referee's" but those drive killing holding penalties on Denver were all due to our d-line blowing through their o-line. If those holding penalties weren't called quite a few of those plays would have been sacks or TFL. Give the d-line some credit, they absolutely deserve it. Even if some of the calls were iffy and went our way we've been screwed on plenty of calls this season that it's more an equaling of the scales than anything. Also hard to give any credit to the refs that allowed Miller a free shot on Rivers on that off sides call.

It certainly wasn't a perfect win, but after finding all possible ways to lose so far this season I'll take a win where I can find it.
                  I didn't see any help. Those were all obvious holding calls.

People just want McCoy gone so they'll discredit this win. I want him gone also but give credit to a good game plan tonight.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

None of the penalties called against the donkeys were gimmies.

Comment

• vinabolt
                      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                      The bottom line is that, mistakes were still made but this time FINALLY players stepped up and made plays in the clutch. That's the difference between this game and the previous losses.
                      Yeah, players stepped up and made plays in clutch situations, at the time where it count the most, to win the game. That's the key here.

Players and coaches do learns and made adjustment to play better and coach better. And the luck factor tends to balance out throughout the season. The luck definitely on our side this time.

Sometime it takes just 1 game to turn the season around. I think we can go on a nice stretch here. The season is not over, lol. And the division is pretty much up for grab.
                      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

I agree that all the calls looked correct to me, hell I saw the DEN RT wrap his arm around Bosa's neck on their final FG drive that wasn't called.

Comment

Working...
                        X