Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Things I think

1). Our short passing game is so much better when Gates is playing. We need another receiving option opposite Henry. It also opens up the running game by spreading the D along the formation.

Henry is doing great, but he is not a top TE yet. But he is beating single coverage when he gets it. We need to keep defenses honest, so they can't devote too much attention to him. Watt could be it. McGrath had 26 catches a couple years ago for KC. Just enough production to keep defenses honest, especially to give us a ball control passing game in the 2nd half to control the clock.

2). Simplify our D. Pagano like a complicated scheme, but all it really does is confuse our players. And then he ends up just playing a couple of coverage over and over again. And mix ina few more double A gap blitzes and attack teams up the middle more. He stopped doing that against Denver and it all he was doing was stunting guys inside, a couple extra rushers would have completely confused the Denver OL.

3). Bosa is our best stunting DL since Lee Williams. Mix him in with a 2 OLB rush line and let him go. I don't think he really knows what he is doing yet, which is scary because he is going to be just amazing as he does figure it out. Ingram and Bosa can both rush inside or out. Put them on the same side of the line and I don't think many teams can match up against us.

4). McCluster is not a very good 3rd down back, so try to get him the ball on earlier downs. We had a couple of nice quick strikes to him, one out of bunch, one just running behind the receivers running deep vs a blitz. But get him into the quick passing game, especially those quick safe throws in the 2nd half.
Working...
X