• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltFan84
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Why should a defensive tackle be evaluated based on sacks. Liuget is kind of player that other teams scheme against. He gets double teamed a lot, allowing his teammates to make plays-- reason Square knocked Matt Ryan back, is that Liuget was double teamed on that play. Also, reason players like Perriman and Brown get to make plays, because players like Mebane & Liuget take on double teams & prevent OL from getting to 2nd level--which used to happen a lot more last year. He's stout, and you don't get to see him pushed back 5 yards like sometimes other players on DL.
    Last edited by BoltFan84; 10-27-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

I think the main thing with Luiget is maintaining his gap responsibility on runs.
      Steve pointed it out more than once, and if you watch him he is still allowing big plays.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

^ I don't want to be accused of Philon on.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Philon

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

There are times that Liuget is disruptive. There are times he just disappears. For what he is being paid, can we afford to have a guy who is using up $10 mill in cap space just disappearing?

Liuget was playing reasonably well the 1st couple of weeks of the season. He didn't put up any sacks, but he was disruptive. THe 1st half of the KC game, he was playing the best ball of his career. I can't remember what he did vs Jags and NO, but I remmeber thinking he was doing resonably well. The Oakland game, he was doing a lot of the dirty work that helped get bosa free on stunts, and got a good push up the middle. He hasn't done much the last couple of weeks. He helped Bosa finish off a play on Matt Ryan in the middle, and was reasonably gap sound, but just doing your job shouldn't get a player a lot of extra credit. At some point if you are a former #1 pick and getting paid that much, you have to finish the plays off.

Liuget's entire career he has been up and down. Some of it is that he doesn't have much help around him. But with Bosa, and Ingram coming on, and the rest of the DL starting to show signs of life, he needs to start doing more, and do it more consistently.

Also remember that he has committed a 15 yard penalty that exteneded a drive against the Colts. At some point you have to count the negative plays that a guy allows, in addition to the positive plays that they make. It is true that some of the plays he has made show up on the stat sheet with other players, or as just prevetning the other team from doing something. I get that. But is Liuget doing enough?

Comment

Working...
            X