• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Come out hot on offense was how we beat them last time. They had to rely on the pass game more to play catchup and couldnt lead with their run game. Simeon doest really scare me...he does ok but he isnt going to throw 400 on anybody imo.

We should go hard at these guys. Hopefully Henry can go this week. Get the pass game off to a good start with the intermediate routes with a healthy dose of Gordon. I trust our offense more than Denvers so keep the long drive mentality and limit their offenses times with the football. We can win this. We beat them once AND beat the team that beat them...we have some things going for us now. Pressure Simeon and contain the run enough...this is winnable...not easy but we can do it.

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

We're facing the best D (DEN) and best O (ATL) back-to-back-to-back. This is by far the toughest stretch of this season.

DEN offense doesn't scare anybody but they can move the ball when they have to, especially in the 4th quarter. Much like last year. Trevor Siemian, like Manning last year, is a good game manager.

Stats aside, DEN, MIN, PHI are the top 3 defenses, they are the most feared defenses. It's so tough to move the ball against them. And NE defense is a distant #4. Teams will always move the ball against NE and either stalled at midfield or kicking FGs. Belichick's bend but don't break defense was pretty consistent that way throughout the years. PHI is inconsistent but every time I switched to their game, it was either a strip sack or an interception or a bone crushing hit that forced the fumble. There are some stretch that they looked so unbelievably dominant.

DEN is a nightmare for QBs because there are nowhere to throw the football, they have a bunch of top 10 guys in that defense. Their only so called "weakness" is the coverage of the linebackers and the ability to defend the run by Von Miller and their pass rushers. And Von Miller is so dominant it's near impossible contain him with just 1 guy. They have some elite cover guys that it's near impossible to throw the ball down field.

Last game, after our fast start and Wade Phillips made adjustment, we stalled and it wasn't pretty after that. And we, even with those injuries, are still the #2 scoring offense in a league that have offenses in the like of ATL, NE, PIT, NO etc..

To move the ball and score in this game, I think Gordon and Gates have to have a big game, especially with the health uncertainty of the Hunter.
      Last edited by vinabolt; 10-29-2016, 08:55 AM.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

If Talib is out and the LB out it opens up a few things. It all comes down to execution on ofense and not msking dumb mistakes. We have enough to be competitive.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

We need Henry matched on their LBs.
          Wade has already adjusted for what we do, since the previous game.
          Gotta keep them out of the endzone, and not turn it over. Running from the I more would help, but it's probably too much to ask from McSpread.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            We need Henry matched on their LBs.
            Wade has already adjusted for what we do, since the previous game.
            Gotta keep them out of the endzone, and not turn it over. Running from the I more would help, but it's probably too much to ask from McSpread.
            We need to stop self destructing on special teams. That game was 21-3 with them punting after a safety. We do something basic like being able to field a free kick and we are almost in fg range and the game is essentially over.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              We need to stop self destructing on special teams. That game was 21-3 with them punting after a safety. We do something basic like being able to field a free kick and we are almost in fg range and the game is essentially over.
              This.
              You're right Rich-our ( Not So) Special Teams seem to put us in a bind at least once or twice every game, whether it be lousy punts or muffed catches.
              Just an average day-hell!, even a less than average day from this group-keeps us in the mix.
              No more lousy ST play and we can compete with anyone.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

I predict PAIN!
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X