• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    He was sacked 4 times, hit 13 times, pressured about a thousand times and had little help from his receivers, oline and coaching staff. He gets a spaz pass from me.
    Trevor Siemian can use the same excuse and he played about as well was Rivers did. Siemian isn't considered an all time great.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
      Trevor Siemian can use the same excuse and he played about as well was Rivers did. Siemian isn't considered an all time great.
      Except Siemien was sacked once and not hit near as often. Other than that, I agree.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Okay Mav, we heard you the first time!

Comment

• Centella
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Go Chargers, Go! The polls continues until they lose.

Today's question... how important is a win here?
          IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO CLOSE THIS DUMBASS POLL.

Comment

• vinabolt
            Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
            • Feb 2015
            • Send PM

I like Rivers attitude. He just needed to play better in this game. But it's hard to play well when your OL got overmatched and defenders from that caliber of defense running fullspeed at you looking for revenge.

Rivers was always a vocal leader, but he used to be much more relax early in his career. I don't know if it was McCoy or the aging, maturity, he has been taken his leadership to a new level. He shown fire and passion of a strong leader that we haven't seen in the early stage of his career, especially in Norv era.

Rivers' stronger leadership is a good thing.

Belichick slammed the tablets to the ground the first BUF game.

Bill O'Brien was destroying Brady when he was at NE, and he was destroying his special team coach in their victory yesterday against DET. Brady slammed gatorate cups and cussing on the sideline, he did it a bunch of time in the playoff.

Manning constantly got into his players face, scrutinized him.

NYJ players said Todd Bowles' angry expletive halftime screams shook them from their stupidity and they came out fired up and came back to win.

Bruce Arians, Mike Tomlin known for going all crazy when things don't go right. If you've looked at their faces on the sideline, they looked like they're about to kill somebody when the team's struggling.

All of them have the same common thing is that they don't accept failure, they refuse to accept stupidity.

The "calmness" of Mike Riley, Norv, McCoy haven't exactly accomplish anything.
            Last edited by vinabolt; 10-31-2016, 08:35 AM.
            Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

Bottom line is this is a team loss. There are plenty of blames to go around. This is a young and work-in-progress defense. They're still inconsistent. It was an average-at-best Trevor freaking Siemian led offense that our defense wasn't able to stop when we were absolutely need to. And that's with the fact that their #1 runningback who used to be good in a time killing situation, was out for the year.

The defense made plays here and there, and gave up plays here and there. Last week they made the clutch plays. This week they gave up the clutch plays. Inconsistency.

It's not Rivers fault that we've loss this game. He don't need to change his personality or leadership style. He just needs to keep improve and getting better on decision making and getting the chemistry down with Gordon, Hunter, Benjamin, TyWill. The 3 players that he has the most chemistry with are either out or washed up (Allen, Woodhead, Gates).

Rivers is also need to accept the punt. One of the weakness of Rivers is that he just refuse to punt, he will force a lot of bad passes. Belichick once said to Brady "When was the last time a team loss the game due to punting all game? It's the turnovers that loss the game". That's why Marty kept screaming over and over about the turnovers when he was in SD.

Belichick is right. Theoretically, you can't win if you keep punting all game. But realistically, this isn't going to happen because even the poorest offense will find ways to kick FGs here and there, there will always opportunity to score in the game, especially when you get the lucky bounces or the defense/special team give you great field position, or even score some points for you. So, BB is absolutely correct, punting won't lose you the games, it's the turnovers that lose you the games.

That's why we almost never see Brady force things. He'll take a sack and accept to punt. Rivers is an elite passer and leader, but to be a championship QB he needs to learn those things. He can yell and scream all he wants, but need to stay patient and avoid forcing bad throws on 3rd downs, long distance downs. The receivers are also need to on the same page, run correct routes and catch the damm ball.
              Last edited by vinabolt; 10-31-2016, 08:44 AM.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

Working...
              X