• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Maybe this is for the best.

Even if we managed to squeeze into the playoffs, this team really wasn't going to make much noise with all the injuries and lack of depth on our o-line.

A few weeks ago I thought we couldn't get much lower as far as how bad this team was but then the 2016 draft class really started to shine and is really looking like one our best ever. That has given me a lot of hope now as to the talent we have on this team and to our future in general. If you take into account guys like KA, Verret, Woody and all the other guys we've lost to injury, we've got a lot of talent on this team going into next year.

That has had me thinking, a few more high draft picks like this year in next years draft and this team really has the makings of something that can be special. That being said, maybe all the bad that has happened this year will lead to something even better next year. I have a renewed faith in TT and his drafting skills and I am loving our young core on D as well as the talent at our skill positions on our offense.

Let's hope we can add some studs on the O-line now as well as a safety. I also wouldn't mind another playmaker on O. If we can get a few more players, this team can really make a run at it all.

Lastly, I'd also be fine with a new coaching staff but I'll reserve further comment on that till the end of the year.
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
    Even if we managed to squeeze into the playoffs, this team really wasn't going to make much noise with all the injuries and lack of depth on our o-line.

A few weeks ago I thought we couldn't get much lower as far as how bad this team was but then the 2016 draft class really started to shine and is really looking like one our best ever. That has given me a lot of hope now as to the talent we have on this team and to our future in general. If you take into account guys like KA, Verret, Woody and all the other guys we've lost to injury, we've got a lot of talent on this team going into next year.

That has had me thinking, a few more high draft picks like this year in next years draft and this team really has the makings of something that can be special. That being said, maybe all the bad that has happened this year will lead to something even better next year. I have a renewed faith in TT and his drafting skills and I am loving our young core on D as well as the talent at our skill positions on our offense.

Let's hope we can add some studs on the O-line now as well as a safety. I also wouldn't mind another playmaker on O. If we can get a few more players, this team can really make a run at it all.

Lastly, I'd also be fine with a new coaching staff but I'll reserve further comment on that till the end of the year.

That is almost the same positions I referenced on the game day thread I am also in favor of adding another corner back I think banking on Verrett to play a whole season is not wise and Flower 3 concussions in 3 seasons

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

But it's another year of Rivers down the toilet. How many does he have left?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

What do you guys think about making Twerk into a RG and put Fluker back at RT?
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
          What do you guys think about making Twerk into a RG and put Fluker back at RT?
          Probably a disaster since Fluker is worse at RT than he is at RG.

Comment

• RollingThunder
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            But it's another year of Rivers down the toilet. How many does he have left?
            Elway saved his best for last when he finally had a real team built around him. I am hoping we can do the same for Rivers here and he can go out with a ring or two like Elway did.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

I'm about done with the Fluker experiment. He plays with a ton of heart but he's just a guy out there.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                Probably a disaster since Fluker is worse at RT than he is at RG.
                Does Fluker have a good position? Can he hike?

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

The draft is going to be loaded with stud DBs. Safties and Big CBs. Id probably look there. OL isnt going to be stacked this year. The likely best OT in the draft projects at RT or OG in Robinson.

If we draft high enough id love to have Jabril Peppers. Boss in the return game. Great defender. Hard hitter. Oh and also hes a stud RB.

I dont know what Tuerks injury status is but at some point this year id like to see him at Center and Slauson at OG. Just to see how that looks. And i wouldnt hesitate to trade our 2nd for Joe Thomas if he becomes available. Move Dunlap to RT. Draft another OG.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Does Fluker have a good position? Can he hike?
                    I believe the pundits believe RG is where he's best suited. I realize that doesn't necessarily answer your question.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Maybe we can trade Fluker and Barksdale together for a return man..addition by negative addition type thing.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Maybe we can trade Fluker and Barksdale together for a return man..addition by negative addition type thing.
                        I'm afraid we'd have to throw in a draft choice or two to get a team to take either or both of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X