• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Half way through the season

At 3-5 we are half way through injuries have taken a toll and bad coaching has been unbearable to take. So going forward with 8 games left what I want to see

1. McCoy fire the week of the bye
    2. Rivers finish the season healthy
    3. I want to see steady improvement in Henry and Williams who have exceeded my expectations this season. i also want to see Dom Williams called up
    4. We need to find out what we have in safeties McCoil and Adrain McDonald, the combination of safeties we got now (Lowery, Addae, Phillips) are not quality starting safeties
    5. Some how the Chargers stay in San Dieggo
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
    At 3-5 we are half way through injuries have taken a toll and bad coaching has been unbearable to take. So going forward with 8 games left what I want to see

1. McCoy fire the week of the bye
    2. Rivers finish the season healthy
    3. I want to see steady improvement in Henry and Williams who have exceeded my expectations this season. i also want to see Dom Williams called up
    4. We need to find out what we have in safeties McCoil and Adrain McDonald, the combination of safeties we got now (Lowery, Addae, Phillips) are not quality starting safeties
    5. Some how the Chargers stay in San Dieggo
    I like it....agree with all, including the Dom Williams take.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

how often do undrafted rookie WRs get extended looks in their 1st season with the Chargers? Everyone made a big deal about Tyrell Williams in camp last year and Herndon got love as a sure return guy- then both sat until injury made it necessary and when both played it was obvious they were raw and confused and Rivers had no confidence in them. We had Burse here all through camps and he even spent time with the Bronocs before- but he doesn't get in the games and is bounced between PS and 53. Inman got no time his 1st year with us too. Don't hold your breath on Dom....

I don't think Lowery looks any worse out there than Weddell did last year, and it's probably more due to the talent he is paired up with out there more than anything. I would like to see McCoil get more playing time though.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Lol, I don't get your Dom Williams mancrush.

Comment

• Maverick
          (Coryellian)
          • Jun 2013
          • Point Loma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            Because Griff Whalen, and Jeremy Butler don't impress me at all, and when you are 3-5 and playoffs are not in reach why don't you find out what you have if you thought he was good enough to retain on your practice squad call him up, he has the measurable's an past the eye test in pre-season. Tyrell was in the same situation when he made the team, and we found out about him the last few games last year, and he build on that into the offseason and Tyrell was going to get play time this year with Allen prior to him being IR, along with Benjamin, and Inman.

We have had good luck with FA underrated recievers Malcom Floyd, Wes Walker the one we let get away, Tyrell Williams, why not Dom Williams. Hell we even had some success with Seyi Ajirotutu

Current receivers Inman, T. Williams, Benjamin, beyond that you must be happy with the impressive talent Griff Whalen, and Jeremy Butler???

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

We have had good luck with FA underrated recievers Malcom Floyd, Wes Walker the one we let get away, Tyrell Williams, why not Dom Williams. Hell we even had some success with Seyi Ajirotutu
              We don't have a Charlie Joiner coaching the WRs. We hav Nick Siriani instead

<debbiedowner>

Comment

• Maverick
                (Coryellian)
                • Jun 2013
                • Point Loma
                • Send PM

Because Griff Whalen, and Jeremy Butler don't impress me at all, and when you are 3-5 and playoffs are not in reach why don't you find out what you have if you thought he was good enough to retain on your practice squad call him up, he has the measurable's an past the eye test in pre-season. Tyrell was in the same situation when he made the team, and we found out about him the last few games last year, and he build on that into the offseason and Tyrell was going to get play time this year with Allen prior to him being IR, along with Benjamin, and Inman.

Current receivers Inman, T. Williams, Benjamin, beyond that you must be happy with the impressive talent Griff Whalen, and Jeremy Butler???
                Plus, Dom has prototypical "big-WR" size at 6'2" / 200, with good speed & reliable hands (from what I recall in the preseason). To me, he is similar to Inman, but with possibly more upside. Why not give him a shot, right?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

With a better HC, at 3-5 we would still be in reach of a WC.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Just Fire McCoy.. thats all Im asking

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      Just Fire McCoy.. thats all Im asking
                      LOL! Straight to the point I hear you! Nothing will happen until the BYE Week if anything happens.

Mike Mcoy = Friday 13th

When you think they are done the keep churning those movies tout Friday 13th, Friday 13th II, Friday 13th III, Friday 13th Final Chapter, Friday 13th A New Beginning, etc....

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

LOL! Straight to the point I hear you! Nothing will happen until the BYE Week if anything happens.

Mike Mcoy = Friday 13th

When you think they are done the keep churning those movies tout Friday 13th, Friday 13th II, Friday 13th III, Friday 13th Final Chapter, Friday 13th A New Beginning, etc....
                        More like a Nightmare on Elm Street.

Comment

Working...
                        X