Which Trade Package Would You Want For #5?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Which Trade Package Would You Want For #5?

Assuming these packages were on the table at #5 (and that the Cardinals had drafted MHJ), which package are you taking.
    Minnesota: #11, #23, and 2025 1st rounder
    83.33%
    Denver: #12, 2025 1st rounder, 2026 1st rounder
    11.11%
    Las Vegas: #13, 2025 1st rounder, 2026 1st rounder
    0%
    Not trading out of 5…just stick and pick
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

• Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I voted the Denver package…I think they’re gonna suck the next couple of years.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I wouldn't ask for 2026 first rounders.

Raiders 12 & id ask for their 2nd, 3rd and 2025 1st

Broncos 13, 3rd , 2025 1st and Surtain.

They got nothing else enticing but that 2026 1st and I need some picks for this year as well. So if no Surtain, I'm not trading with them.

Comment

• Jrock1970
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2024
        • Send PM

I'd take Minny.....however, #11,#23, and '25 1st not enough.
        Chargers get-#11,#23 ,#129 and '25 1st
        Minny gets- #5, #105
        If Denver
        Chargers get-#12,#76, '25 1st and Pat Surtain or #12,#76 and '25 2nd and Surtain
        Denver gets- #5
        If Raiders
        Chargers get- #13,#44,#77 and'25 1st
        Raiders get-#5,#110

Horitz done said it's a fleecing you'll be getting or stay the heck back💯😁
        I'd rather start by seeing if Giants are willing to deal
        Chargers get-#6,#70 and #166
        Giants get#5 and #181....then try to trade back again to #12-#15 range...pick up a couple more picks then try to trade back into #25-#27 range with a couple new '24 picks + '25 1st and 4th
        😁😁😁😁😁
        Last edited by Jrock1970; 04-22-2024, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

I don't want to trade with a division rival, if I have a solid offer coming from somewhere else. I voted accordingly.

I have to say, though, I'd consider making the deal with Denver if it got the Bolts Patrick Surtain, as JRock outlines. That would be an outrageously good deal for the Chargers.

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

3 1’s and a pro bowl starter. Preferably on a rookie contract.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post
              I'd take Minny.....however, #11,#23, and '25 1st not enough.
              Chargers get-#11,#23 ,#129 and '25 1st
              Minny gets- #5, #105

If Denver
              Chargers get-#12,#76, '25 1st and Pat Surtain or #12,#76 and '25 2nd and Surtain
              Denver gets- #5
              If Raiders
              Chargers get- #13,#44,#77 and'25 1st
              Raiders get-#5,#110

Horitz done said it's a fleecing you'll be getting or stay the heck back💯😁
              I'd rather start by seeing if Giants are willing to deal
              Chargers get-#6,#70 and #166
              Giants get#5 and #181....then try to trade back again to #12-#15 range...pick up a couple more picks then try to trade back into #25-#27 range with a couple new '24 picks + '25 1st and 4th
              😁😁😁😁😁
              Why do you think that's better? I'd rather keep 105 than have their 129

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Id go MN trade. Use the 1 next year with the 2nd rounder to get back into the 1st. Then have 3 1sts with 5th year options. Harbaugh promised 5 years. Might as well start stacking this draft.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2024
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why do you think that's better? I'd rather keep 105 than have their 129
                  I want minimum 3- '24 picks(higher end) + a '25 1st. if we have to give one of our 4's....so be it. If we don't have to cheers!!...but I'm ok with giving up 1 4th to make it work when we have 2. It just depends on what they're willing to give up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post

I want minimum 3- '24 picks(higher end) + a '25 1st. if we have to give one of our 4's....so be it. If we don't have to cheers!!...but I'm ok with giving up 1 4th to make it work when we have 2. It just depends on what they're willing to give up.
                    But it doesn't make any sense to do that.

From their point of view, doing that is giving them a little something back in their favor and it may be something they ask for.
                    If they aren't, ... I'm not doing that just to say I got three 2024 picks because the one I have in that round is better.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2024
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But it doesn't make any sense to do that.

From their point of view, doing that is giving them a little something back in their favor and it may be something they ask for.
                      If they aren't, ... I'm not doing that just to say I got three 2024 picks because the one I have in that round is better.
                      That wasn't the point. If they HAVE to to consumate the trade then I'm ok with it. Those were examples of min return needed/maximum I'd give up. There's a good chance NO team will allow themselves to be severely fleeced. If Horitz & Co value #5 more than what teams are willing to pay then they just keep n pick. We don't know how much they really want to bargain. They may be saying ALL YOU GOT is the starting point for negotiations to compel teams to inexcusably overpay and seeing who will bite, then work backwards from there. I dont personally want to let go of anything but #5 but I understand that they may have to if they truly WANT to move down.😁

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                        I don't want to trade with a division rival, if I have a solid offer coming from somewhere else. I voted accordingly.

I have to say, though, I'd consider making the deal with Denver if it got the Bolts Patrick Surtain, as JRock outlines. That would be an outrageously good deal for the Chargers.
                        I get the apprehension trading with a division rival, but if the trade guts them and they suck, then not only have you hurt them but they’re potentially feeding you top 10 or even top 5 picks. Just look at the fact that Chicago is about to land a franchise QB with the first overall pick they obtained in a trade down last year.

Comment

Working...
                        X