Which Trade Package Would You Want For #5?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrock1970
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I hear you but Denver just added a QB. They will not be addressing this in the early 1st round any longer no matter our opinion of Zach Wilson. Sean Peyton believes he can cure him.

As for the Raiders they have been attempting to get to pick #2 for one player and one player only, Jayden Daniels. Pierce and Marvin Lewis love him, recruited him to ASU and coached him there. So, they are not moving up for QB#4.

That leaves just the Giants and Minny.
    The Giants are not high on McCarthy and only like Maye. So, if New England takes McCarthy, then you could possibly ransom Maye to the Giants and still get your guy at #6. If it's McCarthy, then Minny could just sit tight and get him at #11.
    So far Minny has low balled everyone because they could just be patient and that's assuming they like McCarthy.

Again, all this media hysteria is so eerily similar to 2021 when all 5 QB's were Top-10 picks. Now just 3 years later, all but 1 is on a new team.
    True words Sir👍

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We just need to cash in on said hysteria.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I hear you but Denver just added a QB. They will not be addressing this in the early 1st round any longer no matter our opinion of Zach Wilson. Sean Peyton believes he can cure him.

As for the Raiders they have been attempting to get to pick #2 for one player and one player only, Jayden Daniels. Pierce and Marvin Lewis love him, recruited him to ASU and coached him there. So, they are not moving up for QB#4.

That leaves just the Giants and Minny.
        The Giants are not high on McCarthy and only like Maye. So, if New England takes McCarthy, then you could possibly ransom Maye to the Giants and still get your guy at #6. If it's McCarthy, then Minny could just sit tight and get him at #11.
        So far Minny has low balled everyone because they could just be patient and that's assuming they like McCarthy.

Again, all this media hysteria is so eerily similar to 2021 when all 5 QB's were Top-10 picks. Now just 3 years later, all but 1 is on a new team.
        I wonder what Peyton didn't like about Nix or one of the other QBs ?? or did he have eyes only for McCarthy, and knows he will be off the board early ??

and what if McCarthy goes 2 overall, will Eliot trade w/Tom ?? will Tom acquiesce to Antonio if they can get a deal w/NE ?? word has it that Jonathan Craft is pulling a John Spanos and is "heavily involved" in things.... is he gonna tilt the table in favor of dealing the pick ?? does the Raiders 1, 2 & 3 + their 2025 1st & change get it done ??

I don't think Daniels wants anything to do w/Wash DC, and not sure Quinn nor Peters is over the moon 'bout him neither.... ?? and don't think he is the apple of Minny's eye neither ??

I think a deal gets done and Daniels ends up in Vegas....

and what if Az shocks the monkey and drafts Odunze @4 ?? what does JH2 do then ??

personal opinion is that they have every intention of trading down....

didn't know that NY is keen on Maye, but am fairly certain that Minny is not eyeing JJ, and is rather after Maye as well ??

and again personally, think NY is better off w/Marvin, rather than trading away valuable capital for a QB, as don't think Jones has proven he's quite worthless, as their Oline and WR corps beat him to it.

if Minny offfers up 11 & 23, + their extra 4, 5 & 7 from this year, and a 2025 third round comp pick, that is equivalent to a QB tax of an extra 2024 second rounder.... I'd take that.

and don't have any reason to believe that Minny has lowballed anyone, let alone everyone.... ??

I think Boy Wonder wants to trade down, and is just as intent/hell bent on getting bodies/players as he is draft capital/value.... he will value getting six picks, rather than just three.... just my suspicion ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I wonder what Peyton didn't like about Nix or one of the other QBs ?? or did he have eyes only for McCarthy, and knows he will be off the board early ??

and what if McCarthy goes 2 overall, will Eliot trade w/Tom ?? will Tom acquiesce to Antonio if they can get a deal w/NE ?? word has it that Jonathan Craft is pulling a John Spanos and is "heavily involved" in things.... is he gonna tilt the table in favor of dealing the pick ?? does the Raiders 1, 2 & 3 + their 2025 1st & change get it done ??

I don't think Daniels wants anything to do w/Wash DC, and not sure Quinn nor Peters is over the moon 'bout him neither.... ?? and don't think he is the apple of Minny's eye neither ??

I think a deal gets done and Daniels ends up in Vegas....

and what if Az shocks the monkey and drafts Odunze @4 ?? what does JH2 do then ??

didn't know that NY is keen on Maye, but am fairly certain that Minny is not eyeing JJ, and is rather after Maye as well ??

and again personally, think NY is better off w/Marvin, rather than trading away valuable capital for a QB, as don't think Jones has proven he's quite worthless, as their Oline and WR corps beat him to it.

if Minny offfers up 11 & 23, + their extra 4, 5 & 7 from this year, and a 2025 third round comp pick, that is equivalent to a QB tax of an extra 2024 second rounder.... I'd take that.

and don't have any reason to believe that Minny has lowballed anyone, let alone everyone.... ??

I think Boy Wonder wants to trade down, and is just as intent/hell bent on getting bodies/players as he is draft capital/value.... he will value getting six picks, rather than just three.... just my suspicion ??
          Interesting theories. I don't know a thing about Kraft Jr. Maybe they will trade out since it's the first year without BB in decades and Jr convinced Daddy he knows what he is doing.
          But it would be a stupid thing to do unless they have a inside bead on a QB they can trade for.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Interesting theories. I don't know a thing about Kraft Jr. Maybe they will trade out since it's the first year without BB in decades.a d Jr convinced Daddy he knows what he is doing.
            But it would be a stupid thing to do unless they have inside bead on a QB they can trade for.
            know you kept saying that, and.... keeps reminding me when I thought the same thing of the Rams @2 w/Blake Bortles.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

[QUOTE=beachcomber;n1692597
              [/QUOTE]

It's a lot of picks !

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

know you kept saying that, and.... keeps reminding me when I thought the same thing of the Rams @2 w/Blake Bortles.
                The rule you always hear is,...when you don't have a franchise QB and you need one and are picking top 5, 6,...nevermind top 3, in a QB class considered to be pretty decent.....is you get one!

I can't imagine who they think they will play at QB and they thinking next year's QB class will be as good. Maybe they think Rattler or Pratt is a guy they can work with.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

The rule you always hear is,...when you don't have a franchise QB and you need one and are picking top 5, 6,...nevermind top 3, in a QB class considered to be pretty decent.....is you get one!

I can't imagine who they think they will play at QB and they thinking next year's QB class will be as good. Maybe they think Rattler or Pratt is a guy they can work with.
                  didn't real eyes how trashed their roster is on the offensive side of the ball.... unless they are positively certain on one of the QBs (think that's McCarthy for Eliot's sake), think they'd be much better off trading down.... they need talent spread far and wide across that offense.

and Bortles def did not work out, and despite some pretty good sentiment before he was drafted....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

didn't real eyes how trashed their roster is on the offensive side of the ball.... unless they are positively certain on one of the QBs (think that's McCarthy for Eliot's sake), think they'd be much better off trading down.... they need talent spread far and wide across that offense.

and Bortles def did not work out, and despite some pretty good sentiment before he was drafted....
                    To be fair tho, that QB class was not that good nor was it as plentiful as this one.

Bortles was the top guy and he wasn't anything special coming out.
                    Next drafted was Manziel in the 20's. Next Bridgewater at 32 then Carr top of round 2. Jimmy G bottom round 2 so thats 5 QBs drafted in 62 picks.

No QBs drafted round 3 and only Carr remains a starter. But hey I don't care, I'm not a Patriots fan

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2024
                      • Send PM

[QUOTE=beachcomber;n1692597]

Peyton’s job is on the line and some coaches would rather go with the know commodity than the unknown rookie who won’t be ready to start day one.

This is simple: McCarthy goes 2nd (very doubtful) then New England picks their Top Choice all along in Daniels.

I don't think Daniels wants anything to do w/Wash DC, and not sure Quinn nor Peters is over the moon 'bout him neither....

Daniels will be the 2nd pick to Washington. The rumors about him not liking Washington were lies. Probably started by New England. 😂

This is easy to answer and both Joe and Jim answered this already. Marvin Harrison Jr. will be a Charger.

I understand what you’re saying here. However, Joe Hortiz has already made it clear to anyone listening that he has NO intention of trading out.
                      In a negotiation you don’t publicly sacrifice your leverage by telling the potential bidders that they have to be comfortable with you fleecing them in order to sit at the table for discussion.
                      This is essentially what Hortiz said by “He’s not looking for a fair deal”.
                      He’s telling teams and more pointed to one in particular that what they feel is “fair” has no particular value to him and if you want to even waste his time then you have to interest him in taking your call. This is a clear negotiation tactic of a man who knows the value of the position he’s in and more importantly the value of the player available to him.

I understand you would, however, why would Minny do that when they don’t have to?

This has played out publicly but takes some puzzle piecing to get to the conclusion. But it’s there if you piece it together.

Minny balked at giving Arizona the 2025 1st. Vikings coach Kevin O’Connell had an interview where he mentioned he thought 11 & 23 should be “enough” to move up.
                      This took place prior to Jim Harbaugh saying the #5 would be like the 1st.

Last week Joe Hortiz says he has had conversations with teams already and then said publicly “He’s not looking for a fair trade”. Now go back to what Kevin O’Connell said about picks 11&23.

Yesterday Arizona GM Ossenfort came out at his press conference and said they will wait until they are on the clock to have further discussions now. Why do you think this is?

Then today a report comes out about the offers New England has gotten for pick #3 are “laughable”. Again, by deduction, which team do you think is in the mix there?

This is just something I would ask the trade down folks to consider.
                      The Minny trade of #11 & #23 has never made sense for the Chargers because of these reasons nobody is talking about.
                      1. If the Chargers board only has 16-18 players with a 1st round grade, then the odds of them getting two of those players at 11&23 are very slim.
                      2. Therefore, they would be drafting a player at #23 that has a 2nd round grade on their board thus over drafting that player that they would believe is no better than a player they could get at #37.
                      3. Why would they want to pay a player at #23 that has a 2nd round grade, 1st round slotted money?

The answer is they wouldn’t because that’s what bad teams do.
                      This is also why Hortiz has said he wants to fleece somebody in a deal not get what they feel is fair.
                      That doesn’t even get into the passing on a Blue Chip player for a player that’s not guaranteed to step on the field day one and be a starter over the incumbent.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I would not mind a small trade down to 6,7 or 8 and drafting bowers.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

i agree. if you are New England, it would be great to get MHJ, but then you are just going to continue the shit show with no QB. painful

there are 2 types of teams in the NFL: 1) have a QB. 2) need a QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X