• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Alright...so we pick up Pips replacement at #5...

What if we pick Koolaid at #37?

Somebody has to volunteer to do the welfare check on Nutty...he might faint with joy, and hit his head or something...

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Seems like we really can't miss at #37...
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Could be some real steals at 37...but could also see a MI player...whuch is fine, cuz there are some damn good ones...in fact...those good players may facilitate a trade back, and Harbaugh can still get a Wolverine like Jenkins or Colson...could be interesting...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Who is the best blocking WR in this entire draft ? Keon Coleman.

Who is the prospect who most resembles Keenan Allen ?
          Keon Coleman.

However, my pick would be Zach Frazier or Cooper Beebe or maybe Christian Haynes. There are injury concerns about JPJ, and of course we do not know the medicals. Put an exclamation point on the OL by addressing crucial IOL.

#69, #105, #110 can STILL be used to address WR, DB.

JMO.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
            It will be interesting.

I think we're going defense in Round 2. Jer'Zhan Newton, Cooper DeJean, or Kool-Aid McKinstry could fall to us. If that happens it's highly possible we go wide receiver in Round 3. There are still a bunch of those left

Whatever we do, I'm good with it. I'm at complete ease with Harbaugh and Hortiz running the show.
            So many good possibilities for the Chargers on Day 2. There are still OL, DL DB and WR out there that we'll be geeked to have on board.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Here is the Athletics take on round 2 & 3. We take Colson as we know we need LB's in a bad way. But that's the same with DT, CB, C & to a lesser degree in my opinion, WR. I say that as I think there are going to be quite a few options with FA still and after the June 1st designations. My 2nd round favs are McConkey and DeJean. But alas both go in the top 3. We know that Buffalo is going WR. Passing on Kool-Aid and Newton is just a preference thing and we could see any of those 3 go at 37. Third round has us double dip at Michigan and Corum, which fits the Harbaugh narrative. We still have no CB, C or DT. With what this shows I would rather skip RB and get Dorius or Ohorhoro to plug up the DL. And yes Corley is there but I guess you can't fix everything with 3 picks.

In Joe I trust.

Round 2

33. Buffalo Bills (from CAR): Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

34. New England Patriots: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

35. Arizona Cardinals: Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Between DeJean’s versatility and the Cardinals’ needs in the secondary, this is a team-player pairing that made a ton of sense in the first round — and makes even more sense in Round 2.

36. Washington Commanders: Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

37. Los Angeles Chargers: Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

38. Tennessee Titans: Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois

39. Carolina Panthers (from NYG): Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

40. Washington Commanders (from CHI): Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan

41. Green Bay Packers (from NYJ): Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

Round 3

(*designates a compensatory selection)

65. Carolina Panthers: DJ James, CB, Auburn

66. Arizona Cardinals: Cooper Beebe, G/C, Kansas State

67. Washington Commanders: Nehemiah Pritchett, CB, Auburn

68. New England Patriots: Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington

69. Los Angeles Chargers: Blake Corum, RB, Michigan

Given the Chargers’ need for another running back and Jim Harbaugh’s affinity for Corum, this match feels almost too obvious.

70. New York Giants: Trey Benson, RB, Florida State

71. Arizona Cardinals (from TEN): Brandon Dorlus, DT, Oregon

72. New York Jets: Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky

73. Dallas Cowboys (from MIN via DET): Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky

With the additional third-rounder the Cowboys picked up by trading back in Round 1, they should be able to find linebacker depth. Here, they get the athletic Wallace.

74. Atlanta Falcons: Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I think we need to trade down today. Otherwise if we stick and pick at both spots, I see defensive picks over WR. So best DT or CB at 37 and 69.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                  It will be interesting.

I think we're going defense in Round 2. Jer'Zhan Newton, Cooper DeJean, or Kool-Aid McKinstry could fall to us. If that happens it's highly possible we go wide receiver in Round 3. There are still a bunch of those left

Whatever we do, I'm good with it. I'm at complete ease with Harbaugh and Hortiz running the show.
                  I want a WR as much as anybody but those 3 you mention would be hard to pass up and we also need a CB badly. Newton would be amazing value at 37

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                    Here is the Athletics take on round 2 & 3. We take Colson as we know we need LB's in a bad way. But that's the same with DT, CB, C & to a lesser degree in my opinion, WR. I say that as I think there are going to be quite a few options with FA still and after the June 1st designations. My 2nd round favs are McConkey and DeJean. But alas both go in the top 3. We know that Buffalo is going WR. Passing on Kool-Aid and Newton is just a preference thing and we could see any of those 3 go at 37. Third round has us double dip at Michigan and Corum, which fits the Harbaugh narrative. We still have no CB, C or DT. With what this shows I would rather skip RB and get Dorius or Ohorhoro to plug up the DL. And yes Corley is there but I guess you can't fix everything with 3 picks.

In Joe I trust.

Round 2

33. Buffalo Bills (from CAR): Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

34. New England Patriots: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

35. Arizona Cardinals: Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Between DeJean’s versatility and the Cardinals’ needs in the secondary, this is a team-player pairing that made a ton of sense in the first round — and makes even more sense in Round 2.

36. Washington Commanders: Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

37. Los Angeles Chargers: Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

38. Tennessee Titans: Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois

39. Carolina Panthers (from NYG): Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

40. Washington Commanders (from CHI): Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan

41. Green Bay Packers (from NYJ): Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

Round 3

(*designates a compensatory selection)

65. Carolina Panthers: DJ James, CB, Auburn

66. Arizona Cardinals: Cooper Beebe, G/C, Kansas State

67. Washington Commanders: Nehemiah Pritchett, CB, Auburn

68. New England Patriots: Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington

69. Los Angeles Chargers: Blake Corum, RB, Michigan

Given the Chargers’ need for another running back and Jim Harbaugh’s affinity for Corum, this match feels almost too obvious.

70. New York Giants: Trey Benson, RB, Florida State

71. Arizona Cardinals (from TEN): Brandon Dorlus, DT, Oregon

72. New York Jets: Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky

73. Dallas Cowboys (from MIN via DET): Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky

With the additional third-rounder the Cowboys picked up by trading back in Round 1, they should be able to find linebacker depth. Here, they get the athletic Wallace.

74. Atlanta Falcons: Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson
                    Yeah I would skip picking RB in day 2. Especially if it’s Corum.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      Could be some real steals at 37...but could also see a MI player...whuch is fine, cuz there are some damn good ones...in fact...those good players may facilitate a trade back, and Harbaugh can still get a Wolverine like Jenkins or Colson...could be interesting...
                      Very...Colson, Jenkins, Sainristil will not be there at 69 (that is where I think he takes Corum) But 37 is a little high for those Wolverines. I like all those players but I am not sure at 37 over DeJean. Newton...but they could ealily be gone in the picks before 37

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        Seems like we really can't miss at #37...
                        I'm going to guess that if Colson is there @#37, the Bolts take him. Especially, now that those stinking Raiduhs have Twin TE Towers, we're gonna need a whole lot of help with coverage from our LB's and SS's...besides, Colson is totally familiar with Minter's scheming...he'll be helpful vs. Kelce also...Now, vs. the Raiduhs, in a lot of packages, Derwin mans up on Mayer, Colson on Bowers, or vice-versa...and BTW, if u think #37 is too high for Colson, he IS ranked #43 on DJ's big board, so pretty close slotting...and #46 for these guys (below). I doubt he's there in round 3:

image.png
                        Prospect rankings and projections for the NFL Draft 2024. Player and position breakdowns of the top prospects and averages of other scouting reports

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          Ok we missed Nabers. But I still want a weapon.

Give me Ladd McConkey with his 4.39 40, great hands and super elusiveness please.
                          He looked really good in the games I watched, but this concerns me a bit:

On Georgia’s Ladd McConkey

WR Coach 1: “I think he’s a solid second rounder. Probably the best route runner in the draft. At the top of his routes, you can really see it. It’s just the physicality and his frame you question.”

Scout 1: “He’s smooth and talented. I worry about Ladd’s durability. Had some back issues.”

Comment

Working...
                          X