• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You think Newton goes before us? I got the first 2 picks as WR, and AZ will take DeJean, I think...don't know about the WFT...but Newton may garner trade up interest as well...but still...I think he is a fair candidate to slide to us.
    I would love DeJean of the players left but i also think Arizona takes him before us

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that is likely true of all players we will draft...... we will be drafting tough guys who play better and harder then their talent says they should.....rather than underachievers with great talent.....
      I wonder where Hortiz/Harbaugh would have ranked QJ last year?
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Jer'Zhan is my guy, and.... gets mixed reviews against the run,

Kris Jenkins makes alotta sense, as when we went to the SB, you couldn't really run against us, and.... they didn't go pure run blocker @5

or if they go Whitebread and Wonderbread on me again, that could mean Braden Fiske, who def would add to things there, and again.... not so sure how he is against the run ??

think Edgerrin Cooper has to be in the mix, as well as the OCs, and.... don't see them edging out the DTs ??

also think it likely that the likes of DeJean, McKinstry and McConkey are off the board before we pick, and think it unlikely that any of the other WR/DBs get their name called @37 ??

not touching Payton Wilson and think it might be too early for Colson as there is still Cedric Gray and Jeremiah Trotter to consider later on w/things.... ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolts&noles
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

What about Fisk from FSU?

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He looked really good in the games I watched, but this concerns me a bit:
            I think he gets into the weight and strength training here and gets less injury prone and more physically capable. It’s all upside for me.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
              DT Johnny Newton
              CB Cooper Dejean
              CB Kookaid McKinstry
              DT Braden Fiske
              C Jackson Powers-Johnson
              ILB Edgerrin Cooper

Guaranteed, at least one of these players will be available for the taking at #37.
              Maybe all of them.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

I am already thinking 4th round to fix a couple of ills. I would love to get Nourzad at 105 and the Estime at 110. Boom.....the RB room and the center of the OL is pretty set for 2024. Those would make my day following a LB, CB or DT in 2 & 3.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Rd2&3 Prediction.
                  Joe Hortiz BPA Picks.
                  ​​​​​#37 Newton-DT
                  #69 Sweat-NT
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                    I am already thinking 4th round to fix a couple of ills. I would love to get Nourzad at 105 and the Estime at 110. Boom.....the RB room and the center of the OL is pretty set for 2024. Those would make my day following a LB, CB or DT in 2 & 3.
                    am thinking same day two.... DT then LB

round four wouldn't stop the inside out Lines upgrade for me tho, as would be looking Zak Zinter @105 and either Khristian Boyd or T'Vondre @110 ??

also thinking that the one of Nourzad or Bortolini might be there @140, and maybe even Luke McCaffrey, and.... RBs are there for the takin' every round, and we've got two starting caliber ones already, just a matter if they can stay on the field for us ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                      I suppose they could consult Joe Alt for a first-hand opinion about Estime...
                      Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 04-26-2024, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                        There are many good players, some w 1st rnd grades and we still have lots of needs; WR, DT, CB, LB probably the most pressing. 1st rnd was mainly O (1st 14 picks) so many good D players have slipped.

Just go BPA but WR is really a need because our WRs now wont really scare anyone. They likely have someone in mind already , FA or in the draft. WR likely will go early so would like Johnny Newton or a CB here would be great.

image.png
                        How has JPJ fallen so far? I never thought he was worth 20, but 40 seems way low.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                          Can't win many games playing smashmouth football unless you have a great D to go with it. We know Harbaugh's philosophy on offense.
                          It's now time to fix the defense.

We missed on WRs. That shipped sailed. Go get some defensive studs.

Wait, I thought this was a deep WR draft. Did the NFL issue a moratorium on drafting WR's the rest of the draft?

Comment

Working...
                          X