• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
    I don’t recall selling anything, other than stating that he has similar measurables to Garret Wilson.

Btw, you called Edelman a #1 WR in your initial rant. Then you detailed why he is a slot in your response.

My point is that I believe Ladd has the ability to be used all over, and not just the slot. Will he be a prototype X? Of course not. But he’s got more than just slot ability.

Look I get that you don’t have a very high opinion of him. I happen to disagree. This is a fan forum, open to all sorts of takes, is it not? I don’t see where folks are calling him the 2nd coming off (insert name). I just see a bunch of fans who are excited to see what he brings to the table. In no way is that “unfair” to him as a prospect. Pretty sure our opinions here don’t have that much sway.
    You actually said that Ladd has “even more similarities than Edelman” with respect to Garrett Wilson.
    Those were your words not mine. I think the comparison is not even close.

I also said that Ladd is not a #1 like Edelman meaning neither are true #1’s. They are both Primary Slot receivers. (And that’s okay)

I also never said I don’t have a “high opinion” of Ladd.
    I simply set the proper expectations on the player for their skill, talent and abilities.
    I don’t get emotional like fans and overrate any player.

I also haven’t and won’t disrespect any fan’s personal beliefs or feelings on a player. I just bring a more scouting/value perspective.

I also don’t want the player blamed when they don’t live up to the overinflated fan expectations and those said fans choose to change the narrative and bash the player instead of being accountable.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

You actually said that Ladd has “even more similarities than Edelman” with respect to Garrett Wilson.
      Those were your words not mine. I think the comparison is not even close.

I also said that Ladd is not a #1 like Edelman meaning neither are true #1’s. They are both Primary Slot receivers. (And that’s okay)

I also never said I don’t have a “high opinion” of Ladd.
      I simply set the proper expectations on the player for their skill, talent and abilities.
      I don’t get emotional like fans and overrate any player.

I also haven’t and won’t disrespect any fan’s personal beliefs or feelings on a player. I just bring a more scouting/value perspective.

I also don’t want the player blamed when they don’t live up to the overinflated fan expectations and those said fans choose to change the narrative and bash the player instead of being accountable.
      I think he was double teamed a lot and that allowed Bowers to get open more...that's what I believe. If he's single covered he's going to be a nightmare for defenses....that's what I believe. So...we'll see....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2024
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        Damn Edelman's 3-cone is insane.

What I see on paper and on tape is Ladd is faster and should be able to separate while Edelman was quicker but had less yac.

YAC comparisons would be cool if my hypothesis is correct.
        I understand your thoughts on this but people don’t take into account the offenses, QB’s, offensive scheme and play requirements of said players.
        The New England version of the Erhardt-Perkins offense was vastly different than the Greg Roman Baltimore offenses.

Ladd may depend more on yac than Jules and that means he needs more screens/slants/bubbles/quick outs/whip route combos.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2024
          • Send PM

I get it. But just an FYI that the 33 RD team on their scouting report had a list of strengths for Ladd and under “weaknesses” it said “None”.
          So I’m sorry but if they can’t objectively see any flaws in a 2nd round pick that had 30 catches and 2 Touchdowns, I don’t take anything they say seriously.

Again, people are underrating how good and valuable Edelman was and acting as if it’s an insult to Ladd to compare the two.
          I think Ladd has a lot to prove at the NFL to be in Jules’s shoes.

I really believe it’s because Ladd was a 2nd round pick and Jules was a 7th rounder. So, he must be that much better.

Comment

• Duck of Death
            Social Piranha
            • May 2022
            • Flyover, USA
            • Send PM

I’m just gonna leave this be. Very clearly, we disagree on quite a few things.

Cheers Brotha

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Cheers Brotha
              Okay “Brotha”. Nice you assume I must be a “Brotha” because I don’t worship at the throne of Ladd and have the audacity to be an objective scout. Oh and not compare him favorably to a Top-10 “Brotha” that is a true WR1, that was drafted from a program that produced 4 Top-20 picks at WR the last 3 years and 5 in the last 3 years if you count the kid who couldn’t crack the lineup and transferred to Alabama.

I just leave this here since you decided to bring up the 33rd team.
              Please just scroll to the part where it lists Ladd’s “weaknesses” and tell me what it says he need to improve on?

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2024
                • Send PM

Cheers Brotha
                Here’s an objective scouting report by another “Brotha” and dear friend of mine. Lance Zierlein.

Cheers to you Brother.

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Okay “Brotha”. Nice you assume I must be a “Brotha” because I don’t worship at the throne of Ladd and have the audacity to be an objective scout. Oh and not compare him favorably to a Top-10 “Brotha” that is a true WR1, that was drafted from a program that produced 4 Top-20 picks at WR the last 3 years and 5 in the last 3 years if you count the kid who couldn’t crack the lineup and transferred to Alabama.

I just leave this here since you decided to bring up the 33rd team.
                  Please just scroll to the part where it lists Ladd’s “weaknesses” and tell me what it says he need to improve on?

i think he just trying to be nice, but fuck it at this point. this is the problem with Superman vs. Batman debates when guys haven't even played a down yet. for the record - i am thrilled with the 1-2 punch of Alt and Ladd, but again, let's see them play a down. Dotson looked all-world in a preseason game last year and then he disappeared.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2024
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i think he just trying to be nice, but fuck it at this point. this is the problem with Superman vs. Batman debates when guys haven't even played a down yet. for the record - i am thrilled with the 1-2 punch of Alt and Ladd, but again, let's see them play a down. Dotson looked all-world in a preseason game last year and then he disappeared.
                    I understand your opinion and respect your thoughts. However, I think that he was making an assertion that severely missed the mark.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Laddie has untapped downfield potential.
                      Unlike Georgia, we have a QB with downfield accuracy and I expect laddie to eventually develop into a much more diverse WR than he was at Georgia.
                      with every prospect, it's about mitigating flaws. Laddies lacks length and hands limiting his carch radius, but that's why he can't have just any ol NFL QB throwing to him because he would be limited as just a nice slot guy.
                      with Herbertron, Laddie can parlay his short-game into a handful of downfield targets.

I'll drink the kool-aid sure and if he stays healthy--watchx out Slayer13, Ladd15 is coming for some records, even in a run heavy offense.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

The commentator is a bit exaggerated with his praise but that's just kids for you.
                        he's not wrong through

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

I understand your opinion and respect your thoughts. However, I think that he was making an assertion that severely missed the mark.
                          Everyone's got opinions - that's why we're here. DOD was just trying to politely disengage - without extending or enflaming the 'discussion' further . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X