• Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Day 3 punditry is LOL

Let the experts do their jobs. Then let's talk after 2-3 years.
    It's literally really funny how serious some people take the mock draft nerds' "scouting reports."

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

His 7 sacks must've been 2nd effort team sacks. The one glaring opportunity we didn't address this draft was pass rusher. Maybe next year.
      That's what I will be focusing during the college football season. But a rotation of Bosa, Mack, and Tuli works for this year.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

That's what I will be focusing during the college football season. But a rotation of Bosa, Mack, and Tuli works for this year.
        Perhaps scoring after long exhaustive drives allows our defense to rest up a bit. Wait a minute doesn't minter love using his LB's and DBs to pass rush as well?

But yeah interesting to see if pass rushers bounce back in 2025 draft.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I have a sneaky suspicion that we are all going to think he was underdrafted in a year or two.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Perhaps scoring after long exhaustive drives allows our defense to rest up a bit. Wait a minute doesn't minter love using his LB's and DBs to pass rush as well?

But yeah interesting to see if pass rushers bounce back in 2025 draft.
              I think Minter likes to mix it up. Edge- DL- LB- DB rush. It sure as hell isn't Staley's D.

Like everything about this team, it's going to be different.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                I have a sneaky suspicion that we are all going to think he was underdrafted in a year or two.
                Agreed. I think he will clog the middle quite nicely.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Like everything about this team, it's going to be different.
                  In the immortal words of Bart Scott,

"CAN'T WAIT"
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Powerful, great frame, good length...non-stop motor, very good football player...lacks true twitch and explosiveness. Ben Herbert will fix that...
                    How does Justin stack up with the recent 4rth rounders we've drafted?

2023 Davis, 2022 Spiller, 2021 Rumph, 2020 Kelley, 2019 Tranquil, 2018 White, 2018 Jenkins, 2017 Perry, Telesco didn't draft in the 4rth round in 2015, 2014, or 2013...

I think Davis, Tranquil, White, and Jenkins can all be considered hits...and I think Justin will start from Day one, he already might be the most accomplished run defender on the roster with Otito still improving that might not necessarily be the case going forward?
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

His 7 sacks must've been 2nd effort team sacks. The one glaring opportunity we didn't address this draft was pass rusher. Maybe next year.
                      there was just too much to do in one year, with Bosa's injury concerns I definitely thought it would be a much higher priority than it turned out to be...also Farmer flashed last year so they might like some of the guys that are in reserve as well, I can't imagine them liking Rumph tho...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Steve Haglund, in his draft podcast, was talking about Eboigbe being the top Charger target at DT right after Jenkins was selected in round 2.
                        He had a 3rd round grade on him.
                        Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-28-2024, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Steve Haglund, in his draft podcast, was talking about Eboigbe being the top Charger target at DT right after Jenkins was selected in round 2.
                          I wonder if I can go back and watch that, I stopped listening to those guys after both of them basically cried like little babies when Keenan was traded...I've always liked them but that pissed me off...

Comment

Working...
                          X