• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

What do Harbaugh and Hortiz see in Still?

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      5-11.5 189 4.52 Combine.

PFF ranks him #246.

"A solid athlete who was a better run defender than he was in coverage in college, Still is the type of player who can stick around in the NFL if he can impress on special teams."
      How is he a better run defender if he had 5 INTS last season, alone?
      Sounds like he just good all over..

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
        Picks and tackles

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

My least favorite Charger pick by far. This can be called a reach pick for need.

Van Pran, Nourzad, Estime , Rice were there

Would have rather had Brownlee for slot
          I guess I’m happy with the pick if he’s our starting slot (so on the field like 60% of the time or so). Wouldn’t all those other guys be riding pine? Meh.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Sounds good. Who is Eric Galko?
            Director of Player Personnel of the Shrine Bowl.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Director of Player Personnel of the Shrine Bowl.
              Thanks

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Tarheeb? What kind of a name is that? Wish I had known about that name before my kids were born. My son would be so happy to be Tarheeb.

Joking aside, I don't think I even saw a Maryland game this past year but I know the former Michigan coaches did. If they like him, he's okay for me. Since they say he's reasonably fast and tackles well, he may be a special teams guy.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Is it true his sister's name is Bopeep?
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Just in case some are behind work firewalls.

Maryland cornerback Tarheeb Still is among the most versatile and productive defensive backfield prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft. Still enters the draft as a four-year starter having played back inside and outside. Still displayed terrific ball skills by accumulating 28 career pass breakups and six interceptions.

Still recently spoke exclusively with The Draft Network about being prepared by former teammates Deonte Banks and Jakorian Bennett, the versatility required to play multiple positions, how he developed a knack for creating takeaways, his upcoming Pro Day, and more.

JM: You depart Maryland with a ton of experience under your belt. You're a four-year starter. How do you think that experience will help you make an immediate contribution at the next level?

Tarheeb Still: I played a lot of high-quality football throughout my four years at Maryland. I’ve seen a lot of things. I also learned a lot from a terrific coaching staff. I have so much in-game experience.

That experience is going to help me at the next level. I also played every position in the defensive backfield. I’m versatile and experienced. I have that position flexibility. I have a great understanding for the game. Coaches can feel comfortable lining me up at any position.

I’m good in those critical situations. You can expect me to stay poised no matter what.

JM: We saw that on tape. You played with some great cornerbacks like Deonte Banks and Jakorian Bennett. A lot of NFL defensive backs are coming out of Maryland right now, and you’re next in line. How did they help prepare you for what comes next?

Tarheeb Still: I have a good, close relationship with Deonte Banks and Jakorian Bennett. I talk to both of them every single day. That’s been the case since my junior year at Maryland. I continuously get great advice from those guys.

We talked about the pre-draft process and what to expect. They told me everything they went through. They’ve been very eager to tell me what they went through as they help prepare me for my own process. They’ve been so helpful.

JB [Bennett] really taught me how to take great care of my body. I get my competitive nature and a lot of other things from Deonte Banks. We all went out there to compete and have fun. Those two guys played a big role in my development and my growth as a player. I appreciate them very much.

JM: That competitive nature especially pops on tape with great ball skills. You totaled 28 PBUs and six interceptions at Maryland. What is it about your game that led to that ball production?

Tarheeb Still: That’s something that cornerbacks coach Henry Baker always emphasizes. It’s an area of my game I really wanted to work on. I need to make plays on the ball, whether that means breaking up passes or making interceptions.

I took that challenge on. I have to make sure that my man doesn’t catch the ball. I need to be competitive at the catch point. It’s about being intentional and paying close attention to detail. It’s about understanding and executing my assignment. I created good habits to get there.

I appreciate coach Baker for helping me improve that aspect of my game throughout my time at Maryland.

JM: You’re competitive at the catch point. You also have good size for the position. Are teams talking about you playing the nickel at the next level?

Tarheeb Still: A lot of teams are telling me I can play outside corner or nickel. I can play whatever position they need me to play. I can fill a specific need. A lot of teams like me inside, and a lot of other teams like me outside as well. I’m here to play wherever they need me to play.

A lot of teams have expressed excitement about my ability to play both positions.

JM: That versatility is huge. You also returned 42 punts, one of which you returned for a touchdown. Do you hope to keep playing special teams at the next level?

Tarheeb Still: I would love to keep returning punts at the next level. A lot of teams have brought that up to me as well. I also caught punts at the NFL Combine. All 32 teams saw me do that in Indianapolis.

I have the ability to make something happen with the ball in my hands. A lot of teams expect me to get that opportunity at the next level. I’m looking forward to returning punts in the NFL. It’s exciting to know that teams like my ability to flip the field as a punt returner.

JM: That’s exciting. Have you completed any Top 30 visits or virtual meetings with teams as of late?

Tarheeb Still: I plan to take some in-person visits after our Pro Day on March 29. I’ve been speaking with teams virtually on Zoom. We’re talking about my football IQ and my knowledge of football. They’re getting to know me as a player and a person as well.

I have a virtual meeting with the Green Bay Packers later today.

JM: We've appreciated your time today. What kind of impact is Tarheeb Still going to make at the next level?

Tarheeb Still: I’m hoping to make an immediate impact. Whatever team drafts me, whatever role they need me to play, I’m going to be happy to fill that role. I’m going to put my best foot forward.

I want to compete for a starting job. I’m excited to continue playing football at the next level. It’s a dream come true, but I also know the job isn’t done just because I got there. That’s really when the work begins.

It’s a production-based business. I’m going to learn from the veterans. I’m ready to work my butt off. I can’t wait to continue growing as a player. I want to win a lot of games.
                    How can you not like this young man? And he’s also competed against all those great Ohio State WRs for 4 years. Just a great pickup in the 5th at a position of need.

Another score for JimmyJohn.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                      Inside outside versatility, toughness, tackling skills, ball skills, backup returner skills, special teams starter.

A disappointing choice on day 2, a solid choice on day 3.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

And he goes before the much higher thought of, much less productive prospect Cam Hart.

Still was targeted by Hortiz as a priority day 3 CB.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          Tarheeb? What kind of a name is that? Wish I had known about that name before my kids were born. My son would be so happy to be Tarheeb.

Joking aside, I don't think I even saw a Maryland game this past year but I know the former Michigan coaches did. If they like him, he's okay for me. Since they say he's reasonably fast and tackles well, he may be a special teams guy.
                          My guess is that they see him as an instant positive contributor on special teams, with the talent to have a legit shot of earning snaps on 'D'.

I don't think you expect more than that from a 5th round CB.

Comment

Working...
                          X