• Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I am thinking Sproles.
    We can only dream he'd be close to DS . . . . . . . . . . Sproles was a freak - made guys look stupid on the field. This guy looks more like Michael Turner light. Sproles played at 185 - 189, Vidal's at 213. When you actually can find him - it's going to hurt . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Ekeler was good the first 5 years, maybe 6

If this kid has Ekelers attitude of when he was a UDFA and brings it - Spiller might be out of a job or on the PS
      I think this pick spells the end of Spiller.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I think this pick spells the end of Spiller.
        Spiller ended Spiller because he sucked when he got his opportunities.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

We can only dream he'd be close to DS . . . . . . . . . . Sproles was a freak - made guys look stupid on the field. This guy looks more like Michael Turner light. Sproles played at 185 - 189, Vidal's at 213. When you actually can find him - it's going to hurt . . . . . . . . .
          I don't get the sproles comparison, he doesn't cut like sproles or have the million steps a minute quick footwork that sproles had, he legitimately looks like Michael Turner when he runs just at a smaller size, same type of stride and lean, and the big ole' ass dragging behind him like with the burner, like they stole a couple of turkeys and stuffed them in the their pants...looks just like the burner running...very reminiscent style of movement and build, just at a slightly smaller size...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Looks like Vidal doesn't have breakaway speed, BUT...I'm seeing a whole lot of first downs from this dude...and that's a good thing...
            Nope, his football speed isn't 4.46

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Reminds of of Lil' train....Lionel James....
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Nope, his football speed isn't 4.46
                If you'll notice from Vidal's highlights, he gets caught several times before taking it to the house...so, not breakaway speed, but great burst to get through LOS...like I said, I'm seeing a whole lot of first downs from this dude...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I don't get the sproles comparison, he doesn't cut like sproles or have the million steps a minute quick footwork that sproles had, he legitimately looks like Michael Turner when he runs just at a smaller size, same type of stride and lean, and the big ole' ass dragging behind him like with the burner, like they stole a couple of turkeys and stuffed them in the their pants...looks just like the burner running...very reminiscent style of movement and build, just at a slightly smaller size...
                  To be clear - I love the pick! And I'd keep Dot over Spillar . . . . . . . . IF Dobbins can stay healthy (big IF) we've got a nice RB group - feels a lot like the WR group in that they're all solid, but no superstars.

FEELS MUCH MORE LIKE A HARBAUGH TEAM NOW THAN BEFORE THE DRAFT . . . . . . . . . . . . Derwin and Joey better understand what's coming. There will be no more 'pet' players . . . . . .

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If you'll notice from Vidal's highlights, he gets caught several times before taking it to the house...so, not breakaway speed, but great burst to get through LOS...like I said, I'm seeing a whole lot of first downs from this dude...
                    And that’s what this team needs. Converting and keeping drives going.

Also. This now gets the Chargers to an offensive position where they can truly play Harbaugh power ball.
                    3 true, RBs that can hammer teams for an entire game and keep the opposing teams offense on ice and on the sideline in the 4th qtr.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I'm loving the highlights. Great balance. He will be hidden in the redwood forest of the Chargers OL.

5TDs in the Sun Belt Championship game.
                      Amazed he lasted this long.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

To be clear - I love the pick! And I'd keep Dot over Spillar . . . . . . . . IF Dobbins can stay healthy (big IF) we've got a nice RB group - feels a lot like the WR group in that they're all solid, but no superstars.

FEELS MUCH MORE LIKE A HARBAUGH TEAM NOW THAN BEFORE THE DRAFT . . . . . . . . . . . . Derwin and Joey better understand what's coming. There will be no more 'pet' players . . . . . .
                        damn fucking straight!!! We know Herbert isn't that type of person either so they are building a TEAM around him that reflects his attitude...
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I approve of this message...with the O-line Harbo and Trader Joe are assembling, I'll bet Dot springs some nice long ones...and a few to the house...

Comment

Working...
                          X