• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

sure he has - compare tape like I said. He is a crafty wily vet, he is smarter and knows more, he gets a lean and a shoulder and a narrow edge where only he can catch it, but he's not getting much separation at all anymore, not like he did in his early years. Just because he gets that sliver advantage and Herbie hits it like a bullseye doesn't mean he's still the same he was 8 yrs ago. he's not. I'd still start him if he were on my team, not tryin to criticize but I am recognizing whats obvious on tape.

I'm not sure Davis will either.
    I don't need tape. He had his best season. Best catch rate. He was open plenty. Crafty,Wiley bet is working for him for another year or two.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Chargers could not afford Allen and Williams, so OP’s question is a non starter.

If they had been.extended Mack and Bosa would be goners.

Leave the roster building to Harbaugh and Hortiz please.

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

It is better, as it is clash of philosophies Hortiz vs Telesco.

TT - top heavy wr corps 40 mils / 2 players, 1st injured lets play Bandy, 2nd injuried Bokts had no game.

JH - no true WR1 but 6 WRs who can compete and "next man standing" makes sense.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

TT - top heavy wr corps 40 mils / 2 players, 1st injured lets play Bandy, 2nd injuried Bokts had no game.

You boiled it down to its essence, what I've been trying to say. I'd rather have 6 competent WRs, none of whom are elite and are commanding an elite salary, than a WR corps that is top-heavy with a 1-2 hierarchy eating up a bunch of cap space but who are injury prone and therefore Herbert is stuck with Bandy, Fehoko, Guyton, Erickson types. In hindsight, I should've made the question: Is the WR corps better off now, or is the offense better off with the new WR corps and the way it's structured?

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

JH also had difficulty in adjusting the game to such a wide array of WR's in terms of skills sets, talent, speed, rhythm.

Like going from a Ferrari that broke down too much to a Ford Focus which couldn't keep up. Now we've got a stable of Mustangs (or Camaros). Enough performance to do the job and if one is in the shop another is ready to go.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You boiled it down to its essence, what I've been trying to say. I'd rather have 6 competent WRs, none of whom are elite and are commanding an elite salary, than a WR corps that is top-heavy with a 1-2 hierarchy eating up a bunch of cap space but who are injury prone and therefore Herbert is stuck with Bandy, Fehoko, Guyton, Erickson types. In hindsight, I should've made the question: Is the WR corps better off now, or is the offense better off with the new WR corps and the way it's structured?
              Having KA and MW for so long made opposing teams know what to anticipate with the Charger offense. This year Chargers can get opponents by surprise. I'll also say that it would be wise to hang on to Palmer. He's the most proven WR on the roster.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Good depth and versatility, Ladd can also backup PR.
                A faster overall group as well.
                With a run game and better OL play, these WRs could have a lot of fun.

​​
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Rice returned a handful of kickoffs , and returned 1 punt in college with Colorado. I have a clip of it

​​​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Cornelius Johnson is 6-3 and ran a 4.44 at the Combine. That is legit NFL caliber. He was not fully utilized at Mich because Harbaugh's Wolverines had so many other weapons. You might say he's a sleeper, but Harbaugh certainly knows his talent, that's why he had no qualms drafting him immediately after drafting Rice. He was too good to leave on the board in the late 7th.

Cornelius Johnson Highlights
                    he needs to improve his drops, too many drops in college and 2 were touchdowns, that cannot continue with the chargers or he'll have a hard time sticking around as an actual receiver...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

he needs to improve his drops, too many drops in college and 2 were touchdowns, that cannot continue with the chargers or he'll have a hard time sticking around as an actual receiver...
                      His drop rate at Mich was less than Malik Nabers at LSU.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't need tape. He had his best season. Best catch rate. He was open plenty. Crafty,Wiley bet is working for him for another year or two.
                        Well I said he was crafty, wily, that doesn’t mean he doesnt get as open as he used to. Nothing you’ve said addresses my statement, you’re just homering on him. Thats cool, i like him too.

But I would not trade McConkey for him today straight up. Future > Past. You need to see it, thats fine.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Having KA and MW for so long made opposing teams know what to anticipate with the Charger offense. This year Chargers can get opponents by surprise. I'll also say that it would be wise to hang on to Palmer. He's the most proven WR on the roster.
                          The KA + MW combo averaged 10.5 TD's a season in its entire existence. 40 mill a season?

Comment

Working...
                          X