• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

If the Chargers finish better than 5-12 then the new WR room is better because it’s a TEAM SPORT baby!!

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That wasn't your question. Forget salary. You asked us if the WR corps is better right now with KA and MW or McConkey and Rice.

The answer is flat NO.
      Not at this stage if everyone is healthy,...it's a no brainer.

We don't know what we have in Rice even if he is a steal. Now he has to perform as a NFL receiver.
      Now next season my answer very well might be different. .....if QJ is much better and Rice improves a lot over the course of the season. Like the kid but I'm not.expecting him to have a Nacua year. Nacua had the best rookie season ever.

I guess I just expect average and be pleasantly surprised if they are better so I'm not disappointed like everyone is in QJ.

I'd LOVE to see Rice and McConkey do great and I think McConkey will be a good one but til I see it,...Rice has to show he can be formit to top the scales....... not expecting them to be better than KA and MW right away.

​​​​
      MW and KA are better but what about availability? MW and KA have missed some significant time the last 2 seasons. of course it can also be spun the other side...will McC and Rice be able to stay healthy. all these what-ifs...you know the saying.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

2024 WR group is better
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

WR group is not better.
          The environment is.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

MW and KA are better but what about availability? MW and KA have missed some significant time the last 2 seasons. of course it can also be spun the other side...will McC and Rice be able to stay healthy. all these what-ifs...you know the saying.
            Rather than KA make spectacular catches and MW making acrobatic grabs then head to the bench/tent whilst being down 2 TDs in the 4th.

I'd rather have some boring 2nd and 5 catches whilst being up 2 TDs plus the ball in the 4th with 4 mins left.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              WR group is not better.
              The environment is.
              Agreed. You cant claim the 2024 is better with 3 rookies who have never played a pro snap and QJ still a very large question mark. We had a dominant large receiver when healthy and a 6 time pro bowler.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

No way is the WR room better. Keenan is a HOF receiver. Williams is a highlight reel.

However, I don’t think the new offense is dependent upon a superstar doing unworldly things at the skill positions. That is part of the beauty of the Harbaugh/Roman approach. You don’t need superstars when you have a great line and if a skill player gets injured it doesn’t tank the team.

Get used to Herbert throwing for 3800 yds a season going forward. He is not going to be on the record book tear he has been on since he was drafted. But we won’t need him to.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Like said before, T. Brady didn't need an all star WR room.
                  He won SuperBowls with ± 200 pass yards.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

WR group is not better.
                    The environment is.
                    The environment is definitely better, but nobody can possibly know if the WR room is better or not at this point. Way too many variables. It could be really good if QJ steps up, McConkey lives up to expectations, Palmer stays healthy and Rice or Johnson plays like where they were slotted in the draft. If QJ shows no progress, Palmer is dinged up again, McConkey gets hurt and Rice/Johnson play like 7th round picks, it could be pretty bad.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The environment is definitely better, but nobody can possibly know if the WR room is better or not at this point. Way too many variables. It could be really good if QJ steps up, McConkey lives up to expectations, Palmer stays healthy and Rice or Johnson plays like where they were slotted in the draft. If QJ shows no progress, Palmer is dinged up again, McConkey gets hurt and Rice/Johnson play like 7th round picks, it could be pretty bad.
                      nobody can know.

2023 WR group didn't perform that well if you care about actual game situations vs team needs. Sure Slayer got 100+ rec's - so what, what good did that do us? MW didn't even play

I stand by my prediction: 2024 WR group will better because
                      - OL24 >> OL23
                      - Ladd Is a YOUNG Keenan+
                      - QJ24 >> QJ23
                      - WR4+WR5 >> 2023 WR4+WR5. Those guys won't even be on the 2024 roster.

JH2 know exactly what they are doing
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Like said before, T. Brady didn't need an all star WR room.
                        He won SuperBowls with ± 200 pass yards.
                        When you go back and to the research, teams with an elite WR corps are not the teams winning Super Bowls. The Rams did it with Cooper Kupp. But since then, the team that traded the best WR in football has won consecutive WRs since that trade.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

When you go back and to the research, teams with an elite WR corps are not the teams winning Super Bowls. The Rams did it with Cooper Kupp. But since then, the team that traded the best WR in football has won consecutive WRs since that trade.
                          Fine but I am not sure what Tom Brady's success with a lesser receiving core has to do with the original question in this thread.

We should have a better o line, better coaching, better offense, better salary WR situation...and overall i like the changes, i didnt bat an eye when Keenan was traded when many were bitching

BUT back to the actual question in this thread....is the actual receiving core (not the rational behind the moves) better than last year? The question was not we will win more games? The question wasn't will our offense be better overall?

Too early to say yes to that question with 3 rookies and an awful rookie season from QJ. It is not a given QJ will be a good WR just because we all want him to and not be a waste of our first round pick. Its all possible but i need to see it on the field before i answer yes to this question. The only thing I am very confident in is McConkey but an injury to him and all bets are off.

Comment

Working...
                          X