• Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Rams fire Jeff Fisher

Looks like there could be two new head coaches in LA for the 2017 season

The Rams have relieved Jeff Fisher of his duties in Los Angeles after a 31-45-1 run with the team

After five years and dozens of ugly losses, the Jeff Fisher era is finally over for the Los Angeles Rams. Fisher was fired Monday, less than 24 hours after a 42-14 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
    Rams owner Stan Kroenke said the decision to let Fisher go was a difficult one.
    "Making a decision such as this - especially during the season - is one of the most difficult in sports," Kroenke said in a statement. "I have great respect for Jeff as a coach, person, father and friend."He has worked tirelessly despite some challenging circumstances. However, this is the right time to make a change as our performance has not lived up to my or our fans' expectations."

Although Fisher had just signed a two-year contract extension with the Rams before the season started, it never felt like he was going to make it through the entire deal.
    Things have been getting uglier by the week in Los Angeles and that was exacerbated by the team's 28-point loss to the Falcons.

The Rams were so bad in the loss that after the game running back Todd Gurley made fun of his team's offense, calling it a "middle school offense."
    The running back has a point -- the Rams' offense has been such a disaster this year that the Falcons have actually scored more touchdowns in L.A. this season than the Rams have. The Falcons have played one game in L.A. The Rams have played six.

The loss to the Falcons was the fourth straight for the Rams and the eighth loss in nine games. The losing was definitely appeared to be taking a toll on the team's attendance.
    The Rams haven't even played one entire season in Los Angeles and fans have already stopped showing up to watch the team play. For Sunday's game, the Rams played in front of a half-empty stadium, which is a horrible sign for a a team that's in its first-year in a city and still has two home games left.

The loss to the Falcons was the 165th of Fisher's career, which tied him with Dan Reeves for the most losses by any coach in NFL history. If you're Kroenke, employing the man who holds the NFL record for most losses just doesn't make any sense when you're trying to revive football in a city that hasn't had the NFL in more than 20 years.
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

It's a difficult decision to fire a coach who hasn't had a winning season in forever?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
      It's a difficult decision to fire a coach who hasn't had a winning season in forever?
      Agonizing.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Damn just two months after inking an extension......
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Couldn't happen to a bigger POS. Should be banned from the NFL.

Comment

• HoneDogNoglet
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
            Couldn't happen to a bigger POS. Should be banned from the NFL.
            could have let him set the record for losses first, that would have been perfect. i guess the rams didn't want that additional smear on the franchise.

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Jeff Fisher now jumps to the top of Spanos' list for MehCoy's replacement

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Yippee. If it's in LA I'll be glad they do.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                  Damn just two months after inking an extension......
                  Only reason they would do that is if someone they really wanted might be available. My guess is Harbaugh is their target.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Harbaugh to LA? If that happens he's gonna be known as the Larry Brown of the NFL.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

I love the "MehCoy" label. you nailed that.

All kidding aside, I think Fisher is the kind of guy that could come in and change the culture in Chargers Park. He is strong willed and that won't blend with the Spanii, but we need change and it will take a strong will to promote that change. I know he's not popular here, but get past the petty-ness and the whole Merriman thing. If TT isn't a control freak, then maybe he and Fisher can put their heads together and right this ship. IMP, Fisher is Marty without the playoff curse.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Rambler
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • No Cal
                        • Civil Research Attorney
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                        I love the "MehCoy" label. you nailed that.

All kidding aside, I think Fisher is the kind of guy that could come in and change the culture in Chargers Park. He is strong willed and that won't blend with the Spanii, but we need change and it will take a strong will to promote that change. I know he's not popular here, but get past the petty-ness and the whole Merriman thing. If TT isn't a control freak, then maybe he and Fisher can put their heads together and right this ship. IMP, Fisher is Marty without the playoff curse.
                        To have a playoff curse, you have to be able to make it to the playoffs. How often has Fisher taken his team to the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                        X