• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Dan Henning, Mike McCoy and Casey Hayward

Getting hard to summon the energy to post here, sorry have been away. This season has sucked all the fun out of football for me.

Anyways, Dan Henning was once the head coach of the Chargers. He did not distinguish himself. In his last season, I am pretty sure that the Chargers were 4-12. They were in every game, often losing by just a few points. Little things would go wrong each game that ended up costing the team what would have been victories. Sound familiar?

Mike McCoy is a Dan Henning disciple. This year's team, even despite the injuries, has a lot of developing talent but keeps losing close games due to errors and occasional bad plays. I like Mike McCoy. I think he is a good man and maybe somewhere else he will be a good head coach. But he has to go.

Oh, and the coach that followed Dan Henning? Bobby Ross. Suddenly (after an 0-4 start) the Chargers figured out how to win close games. Suddenly the team had a lot of talent. I think the CHargers are primed to be very good, they just need a new head coach.

Casey Hayward. What an outstanding and cheap FA pickup. He has become an eraser. Telesco hit it out of the park. Who else smells a hold out this off season? Hayward has way outplayed his $5M salary. I think it could get ugly. Hope I am wrong -- he seems like a really good young man -- but I think likelihood of a holdout is very high. And Chargers will not budge.

Merry Christmas to all my long suffering friends here.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Casey Hayward. What an outstanding and cheap FA pickup. He has become an eraser. Telesco hit it out of the park. Who else smells a hold out this off season? Hayward has way outplayed his $5M salary. I think it could get ugly. Hope I am wrong -- he seems like a really good young man -- but I think likelihood of a holdout is very high. And Chargers will not budge.

Merry Christmas to all my long suffering friends here.

TG
    If the Chargers actually make the move to LA I won't really care but you bring up a good point with Hayward. Did he sign a two/multi-year deal?

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

3/13/2016: Signed a three-year, $15.3 million contract. The deal contains $6.8 million guaranteed, including a $2.5 million signing bonus. 2016: $1 million (+$3.3 million roster bonus) 2017: $3.25 million (+$1 million roster bonus), 2018: $3.25 million (+$1 million roster bonus), 2019: Free Agent
      sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Extend him.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Usually the way to get the player happy again is to give him an extension now, with a big bonus, then have a big first year of the extension. It works out that the player gets two big influxes of cash, and that cures most cases of butt hurt. It also gives the team the needed cap flexbility.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I could use a 20 million dollar butt hurt...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• HoneDogNoglet
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

hurt my butt please???

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by HoneDogNoglet View Post
                hurt my butt please???
                Dr Spanos will be seeing you shortly...
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X