• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Always tough to hear about things like this, but now they really strike a chord.

What mojo I have left is yours BoltX. May Peace be with you and your Father and your family during this trying time.
    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

MOJO to you and your family Boltx!
      MOJO to everyone here!
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        15 years on this board (or some iteration) of it...yup you're all my family. Happy to have shared all the good and bad with y'all, regardless of outcome especially in these grim days in which may have a team no longer. But they say it's always darkest just before the dawn...so we'll see what happens.

Wasn't sure about starting this thread as I've never been one to air a lot of stuff publicly online, and this isn't a "MOJO post" as much as it is just to keep my "family" in the know, but just wanted to tell you all that my dad was recently diagnosed with stage 4 renal cell carcinoma with mets to the bone (mostly cervical spine). He had been sick with various ailments for over a year and recently had a fall at home when he fainted for some reason. The ER discovered some hairline fractures in his cervical spine which they thought were in an odd spot (even despite the fall) and the work-up ultimately revealed the cancer. He was a big time smoker with uncontrolled hypertension, two big risk factors for this kind of cancer.

He had a 7 hour surgery about a month ago to try to debulk a lot of tumor in his neck, and mainly to stabilize his cervical spine as the bone in that area was severely compromised and he was quite literally not far from having the bone collapse around his spinal cord, which would have made him a quadriplegic. It was a pretty rough surgery, but they got some rods in his neck and stabilized it. Unfortunately he has deteriorated pretty rapidly since then. It was never a good prognosis to begin with, but there initially had been some hope that if he recovered enough from the surgery that he could receive chemo and still potentially live a few good years, but with the state he's in currently, it's not really an option as there is no way he would tolerate it. I will be calling hospice after the holiday weekend and initiating that. He probably has a couple of months at best at this point. We're realistic and not expecting any miracles or anything, especially as we have seen the tangible and rapid decline in front of our very eyes. Won't get into all the details but was never super close to my dad as he wasn't a positive influence growing up, but it still sucks watching a family member (or anyone for that matter) go through so much. Fortunately his pain is controlled and we are hoping hospice provides dignified and gentle closure.

Sorry for the long post. Happy holidays to all, enjoy each other and your families.
        And another is put on the powder blues injured reserve list.

Prayers sent.
        sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Prayers to you and your family Boltx!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

Sorry to read this Boltx. Positive thoughts, prayers and MOJO to you, your father and family.
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Wheels
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

Thinking positive thoughts for your family, Boltx.

Comment

• Gilded Pickle
                outside looking in
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Cancer sucks ass. Fuck cancer, in all its forms.

All the best to your family

Comment

Working...
                X