The bye week approval rating thread: Tom Telesco!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The bye week approval rating thread: Tom Telesco!

You know the drill!
    Yes.
    86.11%
    No.
    11.11%
    Undesided/not sure.
    2.78%
    Go Rivers!
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Dun guud....good draft so far with at least 2 solid starters in fluke and allen. Teo is at least starting material with just getting his feet wet. The other picks are gravy. FA activity i have to give him big kudos with our OL....no studs but a consistent line with the new offense. Need to see more on Cox to gage him. Liked the Freeney signing given the circumstances. Good getting Tutu in as depth and our backup lbs have done ok.

Cant wait to see another year of drafting and how he manages signing our key guys.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Do you see what you have started Mr F-ing Hoarse!!! Do you see???
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

I think we should post this poll after each game. My neck could use some stretching, and watching the pendulum of fan opinion sway back and forth could do the trick!
        Adipose

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

who is Tom Tesesco?
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            who is Tom Tesesco?
            Fixed it.

I am a big fan of what Telesco has done so far, and look forward to what our team will look like a couple years from now.

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

Tough to vote "NO" after a two game winning streak with patch work players working as one for a common goal. Now that we are health(ier), we can make our run, as the schedule is set up to tell us just how good, bad or mediocre we are.

Our late game approach with a lead scares me... years and years of Charger football giving up late leads are stuck in my brain.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Do you see what you have started Mr F-ing Hoarse!!! Do you see???
                Whut?
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

McCoy on if Derek Cox was benched "We're doing whatever we think was best to win the football game." Says Cox was avail to come back in
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

CB Derek Cox not meeting expectations

“I go in when they tell me to come in, and I got out when they tell me to come out,” Cox said. “That’s all I can really say.”

Benched in the third quarter in favor of reserve Johnny Patrick, Cox said he wasn’t taken out because of injury, a comment echoed by San Diego coach Mike McCoy, who confirmed that Cox is healthy.

“We made a decision to put someone else in,” McCoy said. “We are going to do what we think is best to win every game, and we’ll make a change and rotate personnel -- put certain guys in. We’ll do whatever we think is the best to make the team win.”

To his credit, Cox didn’t pout. He stood near the defensive coaches on the sideline ready to go back in if his name was called.

“I just took the coaching,” Cox said, when asked what his reaction was to being benched. “If that’s what they want to do, as a player and a teammate, I just listen to what the coaches tell me to do.”

Cox was billed as San Diego Charger’s headline signing in free agency, inking a four-year, $20 million deal this offseason. He battled through a nagging knee injury early this season, and hasn’t missed a game.

In eight games played, Cox has 34 tackles and an interception. However, Cox has struggled to keep up with the NFL’s best receivers as San Diego’s top cornerback.

The latest big play he gave up came in the third quarter against Washington, when Pierre Garcon got behind him and made a one-handed catch for a 38-yard reception.
                    Making matters worse, Cox was called for pass interference on the play.

“Do I want to make more plays? Of course,” Cox said. “But by no means do I look at it and say -- I don’t know. I just have to understand the expectation level that they have, and meet that. That’s just my job to do.”

Garcon finished with seven catches for 172 yards, making plays against San Diego’s other cornerbacks during Washington's 30-24 overtime victory. The task will not get any easier for San Diego’s secondary next week, when the Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning come to town.

Asked if Cox will return to the starting lineup next week, McCoy was diplomatic.

“We’ll talk about it as the week goes on,” McCoy said. “We’re doing whatever we can to win every week. We’ll make those decisions as we go, but we’re trying to win a football game week-in and week-out.”
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Garcon was a monster today.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        Garcon was a monster today.
                        It seemed like the front 3 came to play and everyone else took the day off.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                        X