• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Q couldnt even telll your avatar is cropped..
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• BoltBacker
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Las Vegas, NV
      • Send PM

Would not of thought WR would be a strength of the team not too long ago. We could shift from concentrating on Gates/PR to PR/Alexander,Brown,Floyd,Allen. Floyd could end up at the bottom of that group before long.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Q couldnt even telll your avatar is cropped..
        Q doesn't display avatars, pictures, sigs, etc.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Alexander is a good but not great player. He took advantage of teams doubling up on Floyd and Gates, and did a good job of beating single coverage and working well with Rivers. With Royal and Brown both coming back, we know have 2 prototype outside guys with height and the ability to stretch the field outside, along with a TE and guys with quickness and speed inside. Outside guys stretch the field, inside guys work underneath, or mix up the routes and do it the other way round. Either way, as long as we mix things up, it forces a D to defend the whole field.
          going to have alexander, floyd, gates, brown, and allen out there, along with woodhead as targets, i don't think he'll see double coverage, i'm not sure anyone will if we've got more than 3 of those guys out on the field at the same time. hoping this year that the quick short passing game opens things up for the running game instead of how we'd done things in the pass, running to set up the playaction passing game.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

I really like our WR core. Young guys like Allen, Vincent and Danario really could set us up well for the future for targets. Obviously injuries are a key but we have a nice set of youth now to go with Floyd and Gates....plus those other guys we hope show up this year to earn their paychecks. We have enough depth I feel to weather the occasional injury to a WR. If we get that OL working well we are dangerous again IMO on offense...BIG IF but I'm optimistic we will be pleasantly surprised this year offensively for a turnaround. Danario was dumb luck finding that gem....keep him healthy and he really changes the dynamic with VB coming back.

Defense is another thread....who knows what that will look like...so much change of players there I have my larger concerns on that group overall.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

It depends some on the OL and the running game. If we can give Rivers some time, and then keep defenses from lining in sprinters stances (by running the ball) and just rushing the QB like last year, the fact that we don't have an elite pass protector is not a big deal.

Comment

Working...
              X