• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

This is some sad stuff. I'm hoping Ekeler can break out for 50+ plus a few passes.
    ROSTER PUSH: Undrafted rookie Austin Ekeler made a strong final case for making the Chargers roster. The former Division II back at Western State in Colorado ran for 50 yards on eight carries and had three catches for 58 yards.

Ekeler lead the team in yards rushing and yards receiving. I'm pissed if he doesn't make the squad. At rb, you either have it or you don't. And he has it.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 08-31-2017, 10:55 PM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Top 5 grades

HB Austin Ekeler, 84.9 overall grade

LB Nick Dzubnar, 83.8 overall grade

S Adrian Phillips, 80.3 overall grade

DI Darius Philon, 80.2 overall grade

QB Cardale Jones, 79.9 overall grade

Performances of Note:

HB Austin Ekeler, 84.9 overall grade
      Ekeler carried the ball only 8 times but added 7 yards after contact and forced two missed tackles. Ekeler also caught 3 of his 5 targets adding an impressive 60 yards after the catch. The passer rating when targeting Ekeler was 100.4.

QB Cardale Jones, 79.9 overall grade
      Jones completed 2 of his 3 passes targeted to the intermediate area (10-19 yards downfield). Jones also completed 6 of 8 passes where he was pressured. Jones also rushed for 26 yards on 3 carries with 14 yards coming after contact and he forced one missed tackle with a nasty stiff-arm.

LB Nick Dzubnar, 83.8 overall gradewas a lowly 42.4. He also added a run stop.

DI Darius Philon, 80.2 overall grade
      Philon played only 26 snaps against the 49ers but made them count as he graded positively as a run-defender and picked up 2 run stops. Philon also added one hurry on his 17 pass-rush snaps.
      I have all these guys making the team.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Positive note to a crappy game and really, a crappy preseason....Cardale has improved noticeably each game. He still has his bad habits and he really reverts when he gets pressured (which seems to happen a lot with the crappy 2nd and 3rd team OL) but you can see him starting to pick up the offense a bit. He'll make the team as a 3rd QB.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

ROSTER PUSH: Undrafted rookie Austin Ekeler made a strong final case for making the Chargers roster. The former Division II back at Western State in Colorado ran for 50 yards on eight carries and had three catches for 58 yards.

Ekeler lead the team in yards rushing and yards receiving. I'm pissed if he doesn't make the squad. At rb, you either have it or you don't. And he has it.
          Sure looks like it. I thought he looked smallish and slow on his college tape but that must have been me. LOL Glad we got him.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Judging solely by the highlights on nfl.com our backups suck.... hehehe

Comment

• Concudan
              Concudan commented
              Editing a comment
              No spitting is involved either....
          Working...
          X