• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Week 1 Charger Power Rankings and Ratings

I'll be doing this differently this season, posting the weekly summary in its own topic. I'll post blurbs that may be of interest in the same topic. For Week 1, the statistical ratings should be all the same... We're #1.

filedata/fetch?id=405588&d=1504716388&type=thumb

Wednesday update, for Reddit, and new group rating from MMQB. (Includes Chris Burke rating)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Bolt-O; 09-06-2017, 08:49 AM.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Frank Schwab, Yahoo Sports:

18. Los Angeles Chargers (LW: 21)
    It was a good sign that Mike Williams

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Walter Football:

Los Angeles Chargers (5-11) - Previously: 13.
      SEPT. 4 UPDATE: The Chargers are another team, like the Ravens, can't seem to stay healthy. What do these trainers do, anyway? If a player comes in and tells the trainers that something's really bothering him, do the trainers say, "Tis merely a flesh wound?" I don't understand. And it's a shame because I'd like to name the Chargers as a team that could reach the Super Bowl, but I don't trust them to avoid major injuries.

I've seen the Chargers in the top 10 of some power rankings, which is more optimistic than where I stand. San Diego (I refuse to acknowledge them as Los Angeles) is a good team when things are going right, but when has that been the case? The Chargers are always nursing tons of injuries, and things are just seemingly getting worse because they signed Russell Okung, who tends to be hurt more often than not. That said, perhaps things will change as far as the offense is concerned, given that the Chargers drafted Mike Williams and a couple of talented guards.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerra...ESxLwgSkIOT.99

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports
        10 Watch out for this team. They have a great passer in Philip Rivers and they have two good pass rushers in Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram. That's a nice formula for success.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

ESPN:

24. Los Angeles Chargers

2016 record: 5-11
          Post-draft ranking: No. 25

The Chargers' return to Los Angeles has not gotten off to a good start, as the team's top two picks in the draft (wide receiver Mike Williams and offensive lineman Forrest Lamp) are both injured. The Chargers were counting on both to help improve on last year's 5-11 record.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

USA Today:
            13 Los Angeles
            Chargers
            0-0 7 13 / 21 Bolts could be primed to battle for more than L.A. if they can stay healthy. Injuries to G Forrest Lamp and LB Denzel Perryman are troubling throwback to 2016, though.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Elliot Harrison, NFL.com:

RANK 21

CHARGERS
              Up 3

The Chargers could easily reside higher on this NFL pecking order. While not enjoying a stellar 2016 campaign, and while they lost their first two 2017 draft picks to injury early, the Bolts looked sharp in the preseason. Philip Rivers is ready to rock. Melvin Gordon can be placed in the Ascending Player category. Keenan Allen appears quick and healthy, and given that his knee injury came a full calendar year ago, he probably is. The pass rush could terrorize quarterbacks with a Melvin Ingram/ Joey Bosa sandwich. Perhaps most exciting: Having a healthy Jason Verrett prove he is a top-flight corner for 16 games. Look out for these guys.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Chris Simms, Bleacher Report / PFT

21. Los Angeles Chargers

Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

Last Week's Ranking: 21

Offensively, I'm excited about the Los Angeles Chargers. There has been a little bit of everything: long runs, explosive plays over the top, long, grinding drives, everything. If the team had Mike Williams available, this would be one of the most dangerous offenses in football.

Defensively, I'm pumped about the Chargers. Gus Bradley has brought a lot of energy and physicality to that side of the ball. While there will be a bit of an adjustment period there, the Chargers have talent. With Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram up front and guys like Jason Verrett in the secondary, many of the pieces are in place. Still, it's a work in progress for L.A. as the defense makes the transition from a 3-4 base to a 4-3.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Chargers are in the playoff conversation by season's end. It's an uphill battle, though, with the Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders in the division. While the Chargers aren't necessarily rebuilding, they're probably at least a year away from truly contending.

The Broncos are the perfect team to measure how far the Chargers' physicality has come, and L.A. will get them in Week 1.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Nice to read so many saying, Look out for these guys.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Look out for dees guys

If healthy I believe we can compete for the division. We have top tier talent on both sides of the ball. Big unknowns are coaching and special teams but we CANT be worse thsn last year there....nowhere to go but up.

Denver will be a fun test...just think if we knock Semen out of the game we get to see guess who! Wouldnt that be fitting.

Cant wait till Monday...said never...except this week

Comment

Working...
                    X