• Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

As The New Season Begins

Let's remember what's important:

1. Who cares about the backups. They won't win us games. Sure, one or two will unexpectedly shine, and that's great for the long term health of the team, blah-de-blah. But they won't be the players we can really on to go deep into the post season, at least that's what the last 10 years or so of Charger football (and injuries) have taught me. Too many backs playing = done for the season.

2. No fucks given about injuries to guys on other teams. Beyond feeling bad for the player, don't care about hearing from other teams' fans (or ours) how if only we had so-and-so player healthy, we'd be SB bound. Other teams can damn well suffer, we have, don't care.

And that's it really. Other than winning now. Fuck this Fight For LA garbage, blow everybody away, make the league drop it's collective jaw each week, over and over again.

C'mon Bolts, win. WIN.
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I don't want to see anyone injured. For me that's the worst thing that can happen...injuries to any player on any team.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Agreed. Just don't care to hear the excuses, ours or anybodys.

Comment

• whitelightning
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2017
        • Clayton North Carolina. Grew up in San Diego and still call it home!
        • Retired.
        • Send PM

Don't know what to think of this season as I can not ever remember feeling the way I do. I mean, I never lost a team before and just seeing the name just turns me off. Is this nightmare black or are the windows painted?

Comment

• pigskin
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Southern Oregon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Let's remember what's important:

1. Who cares about the backups. They won't win us games. Sure, one or two will unexpectedly shine, and that's great for the long term health of the team, blah-de-blah. But they won't be the players we can really on to go deep into the post season, at least that's what the last 10 years or so of Charger football (and injuries) have taught me. Too many backs playing = done for the season.

2. No fucks given about injuries to guys on other teams. Beyond feeling bad for the player, don't care about hearing from other teams' fans (or ours) how if only we had so-and-so player healthy, we'd be SB bound. Other teams can damn well suffer, we have, don't care.

And that's it really. Other than winning now. Fuck this Fight For LA garbage, blow everybody away, make the league drop it's collective jaw each week, over and over again.

C'mon Bolts, win. WIN.
          This would be the post of the year except an injured index finger kept blue from typing what he really wanted to say. :cheers:

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

Last time we opened the season in Denver.....37-34 come from behind victory, 6-0 start, and an AFC Championship
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Big Dog
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'll take that ...

Comment

• Concudan
                Bhi craic agus ceol again
                Generous Donor
                • Jun 2017
                • Principal Quality Engineer
                • Send PM

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

As the new season begins, it looks an awful lot like the last 3 seasons under McCoy.

Comment

• Rugger05
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    As the new season begins, it looks an awful lot like the last 3 seasons under McCoy.
                    Apparently you didn't watch the same game as I did. A McCoy or Norv team would of lost by 24 plus points

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

Apparently you didn't watch the same game as I did. A McCoy or Norv team would of lost by 24 plus points
                      Tell me again how many games we lost last year by 8 points or less? And we did it EXACTLY the same way was we lost it tonight. Just enough fuck ups to lose.

Comment

• Chargerville
                        Chargerville commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, over the past few years .... either the Chargers get up big and let the opposing team comeback for the win (or near win), or we fall behind big and have to make or attempt a comeback. What's sad is, When the Broncos missed the field goal and we were down 24-21 with the ball at mid-field (1st and 10) I still knew they weren't going to win. On the final drive when we were moving the ball, I still knew we wouldn't win.
                    • BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

I agree, McCoy and Norv teams almost never got blown out but it's easy to to condemn the old coaching and hope the new regime is better.

Norv was actually pretty successful it's just that no one remembers because of expectations and he did have that one losing season.
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                      X