• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Then he will make a move to get Tyrod. lol
      Fleet, what do you make of Josh Allen from Wyoming?

The stands of War Memorial Stadium are mostly empty as Josh Allen makes his way toward midfield, ball in hand.

He's at the very least, very interesting. He'll probably be gone by the time the Chargers pick, but I like his make up, and he's a pocket passer who can run, not a running QB.
      -Similar to Wentz (who also played for Coach Bohl at NDSU).
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/22...en-wyoming-qb/

He's at the very least, very interesting. He'll probably be gone by the time the Chargers pick, but I like his make up, and he's a pocket passer who can run, not a running QB.
        Josh Allen is the guy I hope the Chargers take, but we may not get the chance.

I am good friends with a guy who is super close with George Whitfield who has been working with Allen over the past couple of years. My friend told me Whitfield thinks very highly of Allen (for his strong/accurate arm & also for the reasons you list above), & he insists Josh should be the #1 QB off the board in the next draft.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

One thing about Lynn that I am not real crazy about is his insistence on constantly critiquing Gordon in the press. It's not that I disagree with anything he says about Gordon, I just don't think constantly spouting it to the press is a great strategy.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Josh Allen is the guy I hope the Chargers take, but we may not get the chance.

I am good friends with a guy who is super close with George Whitfield who has been working with Allen over the past couple of years. My friend told me Whitfield thinks very highly of Allen (for his strong/accurate arm & also for the reasons you list above), & he insists Josh should be the #1 QB off the board in the next draft.
            People sure are really high on him but watching him lose to the Aztecs last year in the MW championship game, when he had all his weapons, really made me question his decision making ability. I think he will be a big project and will struggle if a team tries to start him right away.

Comment

• Screeme
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              One thing about Lynn that I am not real crazy about is his insistence on constantly critiquing Gordon in the press. It's not that I disagree with anything he says about Gordon, I just don't think constantly spouting it to the press is a great strategy.
              If Melvin wants to publicly complain about his workload, then I think it's fair game.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Critiquing a player, picking a high potential player to publicly flog is an old Parcells motivational technique. That is what Lynn is doing.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/22...en-wyoming-qb/

Havnt watched him much. My buddy on another site is all over him. Im leaning towards a guy who can move and throw on the run. Who has a gun. And can make the most difficult throw in the NFL look easy. And thats the 5 yard out from the far hash. Its a tough throw and 2 guys make it look easy. Mason Rudolph and Baker Mayfield.

There is no better deep ball thrower in college than Rudolph. But if we cant protect him...and im convinced we will never have an OL...you need a guy who can move around. I though Jeremiahs comparison of Mayfield to Brees on 4 cups of coffee was right on. Lamar Jackson excites the hell out of me when he runs....but how many mobile QBs like him have had mediocre careers. Hes not the passer Vick was. And Vick never really succeeded.

Here is a good breakdown of Allen.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Critiquing a player, picking a high potential player to publicly flog is an old Parcells motivational technique. That is what Lynn is doing.

TG

Comment

• Charged4Life
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      We can't keep Gordon's slow undecisive ass on the roster for next season. So it probably doesn't matter. But you may be right.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Charged4Life
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

Rich, can you explain to me why we didn't draft a quality running back in the last draft? I keep saying they need to and of course they don't.

I'm sorry, I really need to give these fuckers (Chargers are bad for me) up. This can't be good for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X