• Eastlake
    • Send PM

Damn power hungry dictators...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

No, thats Ghost, only he talks to much...

Go Rivers!

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

i don't know anything about den, just he made a bad first impression on me. i'd say with your long view on the history of the dynamics between the people on here you are in a better position to make judgements on things than i, that's for sure. there is just very little i'd consider "banning" someone for. a poster in the past who i hated and couldn't stand i wouldn't have banned for 98% of the things he said or did. that's just how i feel about letting people be free to say what they want. i think den's biggest offense was participating in hijacking threads and changing the topics to something unrelated. that and saying people were dumb because they didn't agree with his take. a take is not a fact. it's not like you're disagreeing that the earth is round. and that he held irrational contradicting stances.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

He was a broken record and was looking for a pissing contest at every turn and did not discuse anything for very long before digressing.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            He was a broken record and was looking for a pissing contest at every turn and did not discuse anything for very long before digressing.
            didn't seem to be much of a contest, he didn't have much to base his stances on. but ya it was getting old with me and that was only after a few days.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              Damn power hungry dictators...

LMAO

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
                i don't know anything about den, just he made a bad first impression on me. i'd say with your long view on the history of the dynamics between the people on here you are in a better position to make judgements on things than i, that's for sure. there is just very little i'd consider "banning" someone for. a poster in the past who i hated and couldn't stand i wouldn't have banned for 98% of the things he said or did. that's just how i feel about letting people be free to say what they want. i think den's biggest offense was participating in hijacking threads and changing the topics to something unrelated. that and saying people were dumb because they didn't agree with his take. a take is not a fact. it's not like you're disagreeing that the earth is round. and that he held irrational contradicting stances.
                Its that 1%. Which is attacking someone with names i really want to try and pound home here. If i was a new poster like in my days at ESPN and i started getting attacked and called names from the start i probably wouldn't have lasted. It was the awesome support and feel of the community that kept me going back. In a way its that ESPN community that taught me how a forum brotherhood should be. Fuck man we all hooked up and got fucked up. Thats the family type of vibe im talking about.

Im not just making decisions for 10-15 of us that dont agree with temporary bans,,,,i have another 175 members that also have a voice. But are obviously not ready to admit it here in public. I have to think about everyone.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

I think you've been very fair, Fleet.
                  I would like to add that I'm not a fan of discussing other people when they are not available to read and defend themselves. No matter who.
                  Just my .02
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

ya i FULLY understand why you did what you did, and don't see my dislike of a general policy that exists in the world with some kind of rift. i will feel this way forever. most of the stuff i attribute to this one person who said things to you and i, very personal things, i never was 100% sure they were being done by the same person. but in this case, there are not aliases being used, so you know he's the offender, i'm just not sure that it warrants it yet. but like you said you've seen for years repeated behavior while i've only seen a few weeks, and have been actively ignoring the situation as well so maybe am not the best to judge.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Yea i was trying to defend myself and went down that road Hoarse. I think i will just lock the thread.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
                        ya i FULLY understand why you did what you did, and don't see my dislike of a general policy that exists in the world with some kind of rift. i will feel this way forever. most of the stuff i attribute to this one person who said things to you and i, very personal things, i never was 100% sure they were being done by the same person. but in this case, there are not aliases being used, so you know he's the offender, i'm just not sure that it warrants it yet. but like you said you've seen for years repeated behavior while i've only seen a few weeks, and have been actively ignoring the situation as well so maybe am not the best to judge.
                        Right on man. Thanks for opening up about this. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                        X