OT Life is Weird (for me) (This thread for Old-Timers only)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Ive never seen a psychic. But if i needed to contact someone i would see Fariba. The things she told my brother blew his mind. And he went there anonymously. She dosnt want names.

Okay, does she live in San Diego?

And I do recall Pam Coronado said my dad was proud of me. Which I still don't know if I can believe.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
      Okay, does she live in San Diego?

And I do recall Pam Coronado said my dad was proud of me. Which I still don't know if I can believe.
      No i think shes up in OC somewhere.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Coach, may I adopt your deceased friends' sig for my own? And which one do you think works best?

"Alive is a great way to start the day, take it from there."

"Can't play the pimp game and have free rent at the same time"

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Coach, may I adopt your deceased friends' sig for my own? And which one do you think works best?

That had me laughing this morning... I think we may need a poll on this one!

And Stinky....congrats on the board...they must really like ya as I couldnt get over your constant misspelling. 8

Its been a crazy year for me as well.

Fatherinlaw passed of lung cancer a year ago July 30. I knew him for 21 years...its taken near this long for my wife to really learn to cope with losing him...i think we try not to hide the fact he is gone but talk about all the crazy shit he would do just being him....appreciating who he was and laughing helps flip that switch from loss to gain i guess.

I lost my job 4.5 months ago to a crazy director career woman that had to pad her 75% turnover ratio...16 years at one place that i literally grew up at career wise. But God has backed me up and i could never have dealt with the personal loss and family challenges without the time I have now. I'm waiting on two possible openings now...could use that mojo about now!. Certainly hard to see the brighter side thru this but my spirituality really kept me sane (mostly) and I learned a tremendous amount about myself and my family which is priceless.

I guess we all have that choice to see a situation of loss as a gain. I will never be the same having hit these bumps in the road but my belief now is sometimes we need to experience those wtf moments to teach us about life and for me about love and higher powers. I will probably look back in 10 years and say these were defining moments for me and my wife and realize i sure was an idiot at times but it all works out to a greater master plan....its about the end game that really matters.

Kevin

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

you are welcome to it. and, that's your call man!
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• cyberbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              ...could use that mojo about now!
              MOJO!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

And Stinky....congrats on the board...they must really like ya as I couldnt get over your constant misspelling. 8

Fatherinlaw passed of lung cancer a year ago July 30. I knew him for 21 years...its taken near this long for my wife to really learn to cope with losing him...i think we try not to hide the fact he is gone but talk about all the crazy shit he would do just being him....appreciating who he was and laughing helps flip that switch from loss to gain i guess.

I lost my job 4.5 months ago to a crazy director career woman that had to pad her 75% turnover ratio...16 years at one place that i literally grew up at career wise. But God has backed me up and i could never have dealt with the personal loss and family challenges without the time I have now. I'm waiting on two possible openings now...could use that mojo about now!. Certainly hard to see the brighter side thru this but my spirituality really kept me sane (mostly) and I learned a tremendous amount about myself and my family which is priceless.

I guess we all have that choice to see a situation of loss as a gain. I will never be the same having hit these bumps in the road but my belief now is sometimes we need to experience those wtf moments to teach us about life and for me about love and higher powers. I will probably look back in 10 years and say these were defining moments for me and my wife and realize i sure was an idiot at times but it all works out to a greater master plan....its about the end game that really matters.

Kevin

MOJO! All the MOJO in the Universe! You got that optiimum job.

I can relate to the idiot part. I think that comes from fear. Sometimes loss can be super scary. I guess God saves those moments for his special ones? haha

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Read failing forward. Great book.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Kevin
                    Kevin, I really hope you have a counselor available to you....either through your church or some other avenue. Change can be stressful. Especially when it involves death, work, and finances. Please reach out where you live.

Take care,

Fred

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢