Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Chargers Winning Free Agency By Not Doing Anything

• Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Patience is a virtue. Sure Id love a Suh but only on the cheap. We only have so much $$ to go around. Shore up our must haves...see who is getting cut for good options usually vets on their last years that can help create depth snd competition. Then draft baa and see what other cuts can further help.

I still like TT for his strategy and patience. We have a good base already. Find a few winners to fill gaps.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I think Telesco has always felt the draft was the best place to build a roster. Its just too bad that so many picks havnt panned out. Especially on the OL and at LB. This team could be more deep. I am really wondering if the plan is to move King to FS. Honestly he studded out in the slot but he will stud out at FS as well. IMO i dont think he would skip a beat. And if Verrett stays healthy he can play the slot and outside. King was awesome on blitz's and against the run. I think he makes a nice FS in our system. I understand you dont want to fix what isnt broken but with Verrett back we shouldnt skip a beat. Williams looked really good on the outside. Of course the big "IF" is will Verrett stay healthy. Probably not.

Comment

• charger1993
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I think Telesco has always felt the draft was the best place to build a roster. Its just too bad that so many picks havnt panned out. Especially on the OL and at LB. This team could be more deep. I am really wondering if the plan is to move King to FS. Honestly he studded out in the slot but he will stud out at FS as well. IMO i dont think he would skip a beat. And if Verrett stays healthy he can play the slot and outside. King was awesome on blitz's and against the run. I think he makes a nice FS in our system. I understand you dont want to fix what isnt broken but with Verrett back we shouldnt skip a beat. Williams looked really good on the outside. Of course the big "IF" is will Verrett stay healthy. Probably not.
          We know we cant count on verrett, and with this draft we probably womt touch a defensive back early, i just would like to hear about us atleast talking to some free agents, atleast put on the illusion youre trying to make this team better, ee dont have long before rivers hangs up his cleats, we cant send rivers out eith out a ring, its just not right, weve screwed so many legends over that played for us in so many ways.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

You know if Verrett is on the roster come opening day we have no choice but to believe in him. I know i will. If he gets hurt he gets hurt. Its probably likely. But if hes on the roster hes starting. And if hes healthy hes damn good.

Steve chime in on this.

It makes sense to me to have Hayward, Verrett, King, Addae and Williams on the field together in nickel and dime. Which we are in most of the time. Lets not count out King going to centerfield and Verrett taking the slot/boundary with Williams outside rotating with Verrett.

​​​​​​Williams proved he can stay on the outside and the slot is a tough position to play. Problem is Verrett playing the run from slot as he's fragile. The team may feel that we have a FS on the roster with King and or Williams. I guess my point is that most teams dont have 4 really good corners with some versatility. King has the skillset to play multiple positions. slot...boundary FS and single high. Outside CB. Im not saying this is the plan...but King gives us a playmaker very similar to Honey Badger.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I keep thinking with the stupid amount of money being thrown around that the guys getting signed are probably not going to have the same level of motivation. The high priced guys are rarely the same guys after they sign the big deal. And usually, 2 years later the team is still looking to fix the problem after they cut the guy, and then have a huge cap hit to go along with the lack of production.

I'm just fine letting teams piss away their cap space and leaving cheaper guys who will have to play for their next contract.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Thats an insane breakdown. Thanks for that. I agree Verrett in the box or close to the line taking on RBs in gaps is a scary thought.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I don't expect Verrett to play more than four games, if he makes it that far.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Fleet
                      Fleet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL
                  • oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Chargers CB Jason Verrett (knee) has yet to be cleared to practice at OTAs.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Good thing we were awesome last year without him. lol

The-Perfect-Evening-l.jpg

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        oneinchpunch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Half empty as in not making the playoffs as opposed to making the playoffs. They need all the help they can get. And having a first round pick miss 2 seasons and still not be ready for OTAs is concerning. The guy has played 23 out of 64 games and he's still not ready to go.

• Fleet
                        Fleet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I dont really count on Verrett for anything. Him not being healthy is par for the course. We were pretty studly in the secondary last year without him and we just added another beast who can line up in a few spots in the secondary.

• Boltjolt
                        Boltjolt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Right which i why they should trade him....but probably cant with this years contract of 8.5 mil but you never know. Anyways, the topic was solid secondary play that was solid and you dissed it cause they missed the playoffs.
                    Working...
                    X