• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

If hes there in our 2 spot do we do it? Id rather go DT or LB from a need .perspective

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Try and get Bridgewater after he gets cut by the Jets??????????????????????????????????????

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

For what it's worth, I am happy from the standpoint that this (not drafting Rudolph or another QB in Rd 1) probably means that Rivers & the organization feel confident that he will play another 3+ years. Let's GO, PR!

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

These QB are good prospects/players. They just aren't great ones.

They aren't Andrew Luck types though. Andrew Luck had about as high a rating coming out as you can have. Size, measureables, pedigree, college production, top competition, scheme..... Everything was top notch.

This years class, everyone had something. Darnold is sloppy with the football. Rosen has injuries and can be careless with the ball in the pocket. Mayfield has the maturity thing. Jackson has a lot of issues as a QB. Allen has some ball sloppiness and needs work on his mechanics.

The next waves of QB are pretty good prospects. Guys like Rudolph, Lauletta, Mike White have flaws too. I don't think there is a single QB in this draft who you would really want starting day 1 next season. Some will, because that it the idiot logic that bad teams use. But even all of them have set themselves up with someone who they can play now. Cleveland has Taylor, Jets have McNown, Az has Bradford, Buffalo has McCarron and Baltimore has Flacco. Right now, when the logical parts of their brains are still functioning, every NFL team who valued a new QB enough to make it happen also knows that they should allow the QB the time to work on their mechanics (they have all mechanical issues) and learn to play at the NFL level.

Now, once the season starts, and the teams start losing hope, this years 1st round QB class will begin to be thrown to the wolves. Remember last year that Bill O'Brien was still spouting the party line about not throwing Watson to the wolves, and that plan was abandoned after less than 1 game. Chicago lasted a couple of games in their plan. How long would Alex Smith have lasted if not for starting off with a career year and the best offensive talent he has ever been around? No, deciding when to let you QB play is a lot like watching MLB and the trade deadline approaches. Any team that is losing hope will do anything to get it back, and playing a QB is the last resort.

Coaches and GM's will abandon their plans in a heartbeat and throw their QB to the wolves if it means trying to save a season.

The only situation I think is remotely healthy is Lamar Jackson to Baltimore. They drafted a top talent low and have a suitible guy (Flacco) that they can leave in no matter what happens. I don't think he is going to develop, but at least they can take their time with him. High risk, high reward pick.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

image.png

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment